FIFA 13

First few games, I was really impressed. Had a break. Went back to it and wasn't so impressed. Had a break (the Battlefield 3 DLC was out yesterday too, you know). Went back to it and was impressed again.

This is weird but I'm not having an issue with the speed on normal - maybe I'm just used to it after years of playing FIFA, and online, and I'm not noticing it? Too much virtual football and not enough Sky Sports 1. But I couldn't agree with Bitter more (if bags of people complain about it and get it slowed down or patched for the final game, then slower is always better, IMHO).

The attacking AI is definitely more intelligent. It's still not quite up to the "wow" moments I've seen in the PES 2013 demo - Rooney totally abandoning his slow jog and sprinting like Usain Bolt for the penalty spot without my input still amazes me, and moreover the fact that the move came together and ended up with a beautiful goal.

The only way I can think of to describe it is that in FIFA your teammates seem to stick around you, constrained within a circle and waiting for a little dink of a pass - whereas in the PES demo that constraint doesn't seem to be there and players will start moving one way, then another, then decide on a final destination and it all feels independent of you being the player on the pitch who's "human".

(In the same way that Be A Pro, you request a pass and you get a pass, because you're human - so it's all about you, and I don't like that.)

But sadly, the rest of PES 2013 feels too rigid to enjoy to me, whereas the FIFA 13 demo is so fluid it feels good. And the improvement that has been made to the attacking intelligence is enough to keep me playing, and enjoying all the little changes they've made.

Players will slightly alter runs and be more intelligent in terms of "a pass if I'm standing here will never make it, I'll pull back a bit". But I'm still scoring goals (against the CPU) the same way I always do in 12 - get it to a winger, do a 180, pass to a central midfielder, dribble, shoot (or lay it off). Wing, turn, pass, shoot/lay-off.

Yet it seems a lot more fair - the physical game doesn't mean you've got someone glued to you and you're barged off the ball all the time even on "Legendary" (which I can enjoy a lot more now because of this lack of "cheating") - so if I start trying more things, I'll have more ways of getting goals, and some of the goals I managed last night have shown that.

My last three games though - and I'd be really interested to know if anyone else has had this happen...

I managed to create 4-5 clear chances in the box, and when I've pressed shoot, the guy has took so long to respond to the button press that the keeper's run out and bundled the ball off me, or a defender's come from the side to boot the ball away from me.

I'm wondering if maybe with the "bullying" toned down a bit, this is how the CPU keeps things even on the higher difficulty settings now, which is an old-school PES tactic. Once, and I'd have moaned. Twice, and I'd have been fuming. But last night I was ready to smack the controller against the wall.

Hopefully it's just pure coincidence. I've also seen a few CPU fouls against me - even a penalty - alongside the odd misjudge of a pass. This I hope isn't a coincidence.

Probably what I've enjoyed the most though is the CPU shooting from random places. You're backing off, getting ready for the inevitable "dribble-dribble-dribble, get to the line, turn around, dribble-dribble-dribble, two inches from the goalkeeper they shoot and score" routine. Suddenly, in the middle of midfield, bam. Hits the crossbar and goes over. What?

You forget that's what should happen (sometimes) because you get so used to the logic of a football game, and you're "in the zone", you forget this is a representation of football and what a footballer would actually do. So that took me out of the game for a second, that little moment where you go "woah, that doesn't happen in FIFA".

There's loads of little things like that - and all these little things add up. But I was relatively happy with FIFA 12 so I was always going to be happy with a revamp rather than a revolution.

The day PES becomes as fluid and less stiff, on rails and all the things it's been for too long, I think it'll be a much closer decision, for me personally. But the bottom line for me is that the attacking AI is improved, the CPU is more about positioning than ramming you off the ball, and it can surprise you (until you get used to it, obviously) by trying a shot from outside the box. So it's got all the things I need to make me happy for another year.

iv noticed the same chris on the pc demo u lay off just in the area and by time you go to strike the ball bam the keeper is already at your feet dosent bother me to much tho and good write up you have done there mate

I don't see nothing special in this game.

1. Pace is to fast

2. Model of player look poor

3. All teams feel the same

4. Individuality is poor too

5. Game on assist is really arcadish

6. Goals looks very similar.

7. Pressure is to fast

Yes physics looks great and graphics is really nice but gameplay is borring in my opinion.

:R1Has anyone seen a foul committed by the AI? I have not seen one in 7 games.

i hav had a few fouls mate when jumping up for a header iv been pushed in the back and had a arm leaning into me ref called play back iv had a couple of penalties as well one chance i was through on goal battling with a defender you could see he was pulling my shirt i went down and the ref gave me a pen iv also had the keeper sent off through on goal one on one keeper rushed out and snapped me and injured my player looked rather realistic to tell the truth loving fifa 13 look forward to the full game on the 28th of this month

1. Pace is to fast

7. Pressure is to fast

Yes physics looks great and graphics is really nice but gameplay is borring in my opinion.

and all this coming from a pes fan i see haha you stick to pes my friend

Anyone been able to get more than 3mins halves without screwing up squad update ? It only works for me when i disable intro which remove online connection and im stuck with default rosters and van persie in arsenal.
I'd like to know that as well. For me it is one or the other.

1. Pace is to fast

7. Pressure is to fast

Nah your far off it for me mate. You must be playing a different Demo? Take your PES head off lad and play this demo with an open mind.

What is a problem? It's my opinion about this game. Do you want tell me that this things above what i wrote are ace in FIF 13? Players models, pace, individuality, ect Are you serious?

some of the player models i agree with but that wont stop me buying the game plus im getting it on the pc so will be able to update some of the player models i dont like the rest i dont have a problem with :BOP:

Because? Placebo the same shit you are wrote about Pes every year. Now you have problem what i'm writing? C'mon...

You mean same shit like saying PES13 demo 1 is the best PES on next gen?

Show me where I go into PES threads and troll the game anything like you coming into Fifa threads to troll the game? In fact when was the last time I posted in a PES thread?

You mean same shit like saying PES13 demo 1 is the best PES on next gen?

Show me where I go into PES threads and troll the game anything like you coming into Fifa threads to troll the game? In fact when was the last time I posted in a PES thread?

C'mon.. I'm trolling on this thread because i wrote things which i don't like? Ok i will write what you want. This game is amazing. The best football game ever! Are you happy now?

I do it every year trust me.

Yes we know you troll Fifa threads every year, it's boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring, you love PES, that's awesome, I'm glad you have a football game you enjoy, so why must you bring your hate into here all the time when you obviously detest everything about Fifa and the devs etc, Fifa's shit because Rutter can't play football, isn't that right?

The day PES becomes as fluid and less stiff, on rails and all the things it's been for too long, I think it'll be a much closer decision, for me personally.

Have you played PES 2013 demo 2, the animation and physics are imho unbelievably smooth and fluid, a really impressive jump from demo 1. The only thing that still is not as free as in Fifa is that when a rail kicks in you need supercancel to leave it.

This could become a mess again... move on... Reaction has mostly been positive this year and for good reason they look to be going in the right direction...

But if we are whinging... Evo-web has been piss poor this year for demo videos/goals.

Scutch has done his thread again and you've all let him down... Quit whinging and get posting goals....

Have you played PES 2013 demo 2, the animation and physics are imho unbelievably smooth and fluid, a really impressive jump from demo 1. The only thing that still is not as free as in Fifa is that when a rail kicks in you need supercancel to leave it.
Yeah I think if you read his big post he has played PES.

Don't feed the troll... Let it be.

Anyway, I think it far more easier to get or give freekicks. Sometimes I don't even realize what's the foul is and all I know the player is booked. But one thing kinda annoys me is that it seems the CPU blocking/tackling your pass/dribble fucking accurately every single time. I manage to do the left stick dribble like once or twice in 5 games.

I think freekicks are a bit easier? I haven't scored, but I have hit the woodwork quite a few times. I was completely rubbish at them on Fifa 12 most went off target.

Back
Top Bottom