FIFA 13

Yeah I think if you read his big post he has played PES.

He didn't specify if he played PES 2013 demo1, demo2 or both. Cause the quality of the animation and physics made a considerable jump between PES 2013 demo 1->demo 2, way more smooth and natural. I think there is a new technology for the animation-transitions involved.

Next week when the Fifa 13-demo becomes available for xbox360-silver-users I will play it throughly to see if the improvements to AI, tactics and ballcontrol are substantial.

Last edited:
I am enjoying every second of this game.Really fluid and unpredictable but not random.I can write a lot of improvements over 12 but not here and not now.Because trolls are everywhere.And there is a classic saying: Haters gonna hate...

Another good edition i've just seen is when a freekick is given the olayer will pass it back to where the foul was committed so you can take a quick one. Just had my first foul given.

6. Goals looks very similar.

I still wonder why PES fans always have to pull this one out of their backs when it comes to judging FIFA. Is it like a Pavlovian response or something? I'm not biased in any way (how could I of all the people around here), but, at least to me, this hasn't been true for several years now. Both games are fantastic in this regard and, to me, it's the single reason why FIFA stopped sucking four or five years ago.

I am enjoying every second of this game.Really fluid and unpredictable but not random.I can write a lot of improvements over 12 but not here and not now.Because trolls are everywhere.And there is a classic saying: Haters gonna hate...

Huh? If you are not willing to detail your experiences here and now, where and when else?

This is the best place and best time to write down impressions. Trolls are everywhere, you just need to tolerate or ignore them.

Aha well if you find a standard blank DVD lying around that's all you need ;)

Lol, don't inspire me to steal from my family or friends!

Will ask around my family if they have dvd-media laying around, but really waiting a few days is no problem as I'm not that big Fifa-fan anyhow.

Does the thing happen when you control a through ball or a high ball with a defender, and even if you have your back to the opponent attacker, he just robs you of the ball without being able to do anything?

I guess that question could be expanded to just how is shielding in general, can you protect the ball under pressure etc.?

Another thing I noticed, glancing headers are more...... glancy :PP

If you connect with a header quite a bit before the near post, you can glance it towards the goal better.

In Fifa 12, if you connected with a ball quite a bit before the near post, the ball would more or less go 90degrees (no where near the goal) from the player now you can get it on target.

Another good thing to add :DD

Played it last night on the 360.

I like how I have been caught out quite a few times underhitting a manual short pass, that never seemed to happen on previous versions. Could be we have heard the last utterance of "I tapped that" when playing clubs? :)

When I played City vs Dortmund, they were hitting me on the counter, but it seemed like when I went a goal up they became more attacking.

I wasnt going to bother with the season ticket, but know I am going to give in when I see folk playing it and I dont have it.

Another thing I noticed, glancing headers are more...... glancy :PP

If you connect with a header quite a bit before the near post, you can glance it towards the goal better.

In Fifa 12, if you connected with a ball quite a bit before the near post, the ball would more or less go 90degrees (no where near the goal) from the player now you can get it on target.

Another good thing to add :DD

The first goal I saw last night was with RVP (me) taking a corner, it glanced off the defender and went into the corner of the goal. Looked really good, realistic.

The goal was given to RVP though, despite the defender's touch clearly diverting the ball towards the goal.

Regarding pressure, I was a goal up against Dortmund and they pressured the crap out of me in the last ten minutes. I couldn't even get close to clearing it from my half, good fun.

Yes we know you troll Fifa threads every year, it's boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring, you love PES, that's awesome, I'm glad you have a football game you enjoy, so why must you bring your hate into here all the time when you obviously detest everything about Fifa and the devs etc, Fifa's shit because Rutter can't play football, isn't that right?

You don't understand me completely :SHOCK: Hate? What are you talking about? Where i hate Fifa? Are you joking? I wrote things what i don't like in this demo. Yes FIFA is a good game. The animations are great, fluid is awesome, graphics is superb. I hate it? :CONFUSE: But some things in FIFA are poor. Don't tell me that everything in this game are brillant. C'mon....About Rutter i said only about his skill when he played football. It was funny for me because he couldn't kick properlly a ball;) What wrong with RuleZZZ? Yes Amiga Rulezzz For Eva!

Last edited:
You don't understand me completly :SHOCK: Hate? What are you talking about? Where i hate Fifa? Are you joking? I wrote things what i don't like in this demo. Yes FIFA is a good game. The animations are great, fluid is awesome, graphics is superb. I hate it? :CONFUSE: But some things in FIFA is poor. Don't tell me that everything in this game are brillant. C'mon....About Rutter i said only about his skill when he played football. It was funny for me because he couldn't kick properlly a ball;)
This would be like me going to the PES 2013 Discussion. Saying PES 2013, same old bullshit

1. Ball Physics are rubbish like. Still tether to the players foot
2. Collision physics are Dog Chod... still have things going through people's bodies etc which never happens in real football....

etc
etc
etc
Yawn Yawn im a boring cunt. FIFA Rulez.

Last edited:
This would be like me going to the PES 2013 Discussion. Saying PES 2013, same old bullshit

1. Ball Physics are rubbish like. Still tether to the players foot
2. Collision physics are Dog Chod... still have things going through people's bodies etc which never happens in real football....

etc
etc
etc
Yawn Yawn im a boring cunt.

Agree. You can go to Pes 2013 thread and write your opinion about this game. What is a problem? Ok if ball physics and another things like collision are rubbish for you wtite it. I aree with you 100% Collision in Pes 2013 and quality of animations are poor :))

I think freekicks are a bit easier? I haven't scored, but I have hit the woodwork quite a few times. I was completely rubbish at them on Fifa 12 most went off target.
Yeah, same. I very rarely hit the target on FIFA 12, but I've had two direct free-kicks in this demo and hit the target both times (both parried).

Also, the AI is able to use the new free-kick system. I saw AI Man City fake a direct free-kick and instead lay it off to Kolorov for a shot.

Yeah, same. I very rarely hit the target on FIFA 12, but I've had two direct free-kicks in this demo and hit the target both times (both parried).

Also, the AI is able to use the new free-kick system. I saw AI Man City fake a direct free-kick and instead lay it off to Kolorov for a shot.

It is easier but that's because players can actually hit the ball as intended, although I think it'd be good for them to be able to fluff it like last year to balance things out if under/overpowered we shall see.

As for anyone who has said the ball physics are rubbish they may not be better than PES in some ways mainly in volleys and 1v1 variety I've noticed so far but they're still so far ahead of anything FIFA has delivered before so I'm more than happy with it, and improvements have happened since the demo who knows how good it is for the final release.

I played the PS3 demo last night and was impressed with it. I thought that the speed on normal was to fast, putting it down to slow made things a lot better.

I love the attacking AI, especially full backs pushing up and supporting attacks. Also loved that the CPU was taking shots from allsorts of different angles.

I thought that I had mastered defending in FIFA 12, but playing on world class and using contain to defend isn't really working that well. So that is an area that I will have to relearn.

All in all it's very promising. I am looking forward to Placebo's sliders as FIFA 12 ones really added so much to the game for me. I have also played a huge amount of PES13 demo and that also is awesome. They way I look at is that this year there are 2 genuinely good games, both of them offer different experiences (both positive and negative).

Back
Top Bottom