FIFA 13

I've seen a few vids and it appears the attackers don't want to run towards the ball when it's passed to them; they just wait for it to get to them. Hopefully just an early impression.

Agreed. Maybe someone can confirm or more hopefully deny.

Havent noticed this sorry.

I cant believe the off-the-ball runs your AI team mates make in this...previous FIFAs was terrible for this but they have sorted it for 13. I am 4-3-3 addict and I am playing some of the best video game football in my lifetime :APPLAUD:

BUT it does have faults as do all games. Graphics still look dated to me (I prefer PES player models still and stadia)...

CHANTS! EA SORT THIS OUT! Still same old chants it seem. Although Man City do have 'Stand up for the champions' chant now which will make city support happy. BUT WILL THIS STAY FOR CAREER MODE?!! If you win league I bet city will still have this song. Typical EA in this respect.

Emphasis on physical pressure seems much less in this demo to me but we wont see exploits until full game arrives and we can get online I fear.

I am having a great time on this though. People who enjoyed previous few fifa installments will love this. If you hated previous fifa games, you will hate this also.

For some stupid reason the demo won't start for me on PC, just crashes after 'language select' screen, does anyone have a similar problem?

Havent noticed this sorry.

I cant believe the off-the-ball runs your AI team mates make in this...previous FIFAs was terrible for this but they have sorted it for 13. I am 4-3-3 addict and I am playing some of the best video game football in my lifetime :APPLAUD:

BUT it does have faults as do all games. Graphics still look dated to me (I prefer PES player models still and stadia)...

CHANTS! EA SORT THIS OUT! Still same old chants it seem. Although Man City do have 'Stand up for the champions' chant now which will make city support happy. BUT WILL THIS STAY FOR CAREER MODE?!! If you win league I bet city will still have this song. Typical EA in this respect.

Emphasis on physical pressure seems much less in this demo to me but we wont see exploits until full game arrives and we can get online I fear.

I am having a great time on this though. People who enjoyed previous few fifa installments will love this. If you hated previous fifa games, you will hate this also.

Sounds good, especially as this is against the AI and not a human.

I've still got my chant files from Fifa 11 and 12 to import over to 13.

On the PC version, it crashes when i press play match, no matter what in-game settings, or resolution, etc. Free training with Messi works fine though, so i don't get it
What the hell is the problem?
Help if anyone knows how.
Same here, man

Someone help us out!

Really having a great time with this demo now. Its a slow burner...kind of reminds me of the good ol days when PES was a good game ie. at first I thought "this is just FIFA 12 with bells on" but now I am seeing all of the subtle changes.

I just did a beautiful pass across the goal with a winger...I held the through ball button down for a long time and the pass was perfect - I couldnt do this in FIFA 12 as the pass would never get 'far enough' if anyone understands what I mean (its like there was a limit to how far you can pass).

Scored 2 volleys already, this might be a concern to some people - they looked superb though and it felt great blasting them in top corner.

I love the way your AI team mates support you though, this is a huge step for EA in my opinion...previous fifas was like banging a head against the wall because of poor AI.

I am playing in World Class (going to step up to my usual Legendary in a minute) and the opposition have played some intelligent football against me...which is as surprise.

I havent been excited about single player football game for many years as I only play 2v2 with a good friend these days but now I am even excited for Career Mode.

All in all...this will definte be a day 1 purchase for me.

EDIT: Commentary is stale and boring now. Wish they would get rid of Alan Smith - I feel like taking my own life after having to listen to him for hours. Why couldnt they get Gary Neville on? He would have been funny.

At least its not Jim Beglin I suppose :D

Last edited:
Really having a great time with this demo now. Its a slow burner...kind of reminds me of the good ol days when PES was a good game ie. at first I thought "this is just FIFA 12 with bells on" but now I am seeing all of the subtle changes.

I just did a beautiful pass across the goal with a winger...I held the through ball button down for a long time and the pass was perfect - I couldnt do this in FIFA 12 as the pass would never get 'far enough' if anyone understands what I mean (its like there was a limit to how far you can pass).

Scored 2 volleys already, this might be a concern to some people - they looked superb though and it felt great blasting them in top corner.

I love the way your AI team mates support you though, this is a huge step for EA in my opinion...previous fifas was like banging a head against the wall because of poor AI.

I am playing in World Class (going to step up to my usual Legendary in a minute) and the opposition have played some intelligent football against me...which is as surprise.

I havent been excited about single player football game for many years as I only play 2v2 with a good friend these days but now I am even excited for Career Mode.

All in all...this will definte be a day 1 purchase for me.

Sorry mate, are you on 360 or PC?

The AI changes sound like everything I was hoping for.

Having a look at the EA forums, the two main complaints are the speed (everyone keeps saying the new changes mean everything plays at 100mph - yes there's sliders but you can't use them online), and that manual is "far too easy" (which, I'm ashamed to say, I don't use - I'm a semi man).

Any comment on those - particularly the speed of it?

I tried it on slow and it felt ok. Speed was good, but it will always feel high if you just sprint. I like the first touch errors. Players still move to floaty, quick etc but we all knew that would still be there. Defensive AI has made some really stupid things in my games so that's the part for me that doesn't look so promising. Position, reaction and movement from defensive AI. Attacking AI was better than before.

For all the Fifa veterans I have a question: Is there a way to make your teammates actually try to get the ball? They mostly just jockey and do nothing else to regain possession. I ask because so far from what I've played (unless i'm missing something) it's not viable to track runs with my selected player while depending on my AI teammates to apply reasonable pressure.

Have to agree about the AI and disagree about manual. People prolly just got used to manual already :) In terms of control in manual feels like fifa 12.

Anyone in the US tried to download the PC demo? I get to the 'Get it Now' button on the free games bit of Origin, but then it's stuck loading.

Every other page on Origin works fine, just this one won't load - so I'm guessing it's a volume thing.

I. HATE. ORIGIN. as an aside. Worthless piece of sh*t. But. Only way you can play a whole slew of games on PC.

Anyone in the US tried to download the PC demo? I get to the 'Get it Now' button on the free games bit of Origin, but then it's stuck loading.

Every other page on Origin works fine, just this one won't load - so I'm guessing it's a volume thing.

I. HATE. ORIGIN. as an aside. Worthless piece of sh*t. But. Only way you can play a whole slew of games on PC.

Can't download also. After the pc version but the origin site continually hangs at different points.

The AI changes sound like everything I was hoping for.

Having a look at the EA forums, the two main complaints are the speed (everyone keeps saying the new changes mean everything plays at 100mph - yes there's sliders but you can't use them online), and that manual is "far too easy" (which, I'm ashamed to say, I don't use - I'm a semi man).

Any comment on those - particularly the speed of it?

Now that´s a surprise... :SHOCK:

Now that´s a surprise... :SHOCK:
I tried manual for a month or two with FIFA 12 and being utterly, utterly shit at the game sucked all enjoyment out of it for me. I was never going to master it, so... Yeah. I'll never play on fully-assisted. But you've got to give me *some* help.

Otherwise, you know, Tranmere will end up playing like a bunch of overpaid underskilled Sunday league footballers who are never going to get anywhere. And what's the point of playing a game if it's going to be THAT realistic? I may as well turn up at the ground with a bottle of vodka and some razor blades.

More demo impressions please!! (More videos too...)

Last edited:
For all the Fifa veterans I have a question: Is there a way to make your teammates actually try to get the ball? They mostly just jockey and do nothing else to regain possession. I ask because so far from what I've played (unless i'm missing something) it's not viable to track runs with my selected player while depending on my AI teammates to apply reasonable pressure.

Teammate contain button. Mine is Square or whatever letter the left one is on XBOX. Seems to do a good enough job for me.

Back
Top Bottom