FIFA 13

Re: The bit in the middle - That's all I expected anyway. I'm at a loss if anybody was expecting any different. I enjoy 12 with the modes I play, if it's improved then great.

I've never really had a problem with over the top balls either. I'd say 98% of the time they are a piece of piss to defend against.

The over the top balls are very annoying when playing against pressure whores, because the defender will always take time to control the ball or do the animation where they stick their leg out. Then the opposition just have to run into your player and they come out with the ball and have an easy chance on goal.

There should be an urgency button, that lets your player hurry the fuck up when bringing the ball down, even if it meant that your control is a bit more fucked, at least you can knock the ball away from the rushing forward.

Or they could just make it if a player just runs into you, then they don't automatically get the ball, that would be good as well.

People use the over the top ball and know how the defender will bring it down 95% of the time and can angle their run to bump into the defender and get the ball.

The over the top balls are very annoying when playing against pressure whores, because the defender will always take time to control the ball or do the animation where they stick their leg out. Then the opposition just have to run into your player and they come out with the ball and have an easy chance on goal.

There should be an urgency button, that lets your player hurry the fuck up when bringing the ball down, even if it meant that your control is a bit more fucked, at least you can knock the ball away from the rushing forward.

Or they could just make it if a player just runs into you, then they don't automatically get the ball, that would be good as well.

People use the over the top ball and know how the defender will bring it down 95% of the time and can angle their run to bump into the defender and get the ball.

I agree.

The first touch is really punishing me. Been rape by AC Milan, where 2 goals were gifted by poor first touch by Lescot and Kolarov. I'm playing on semi for pass and shot and manual on cross, fucking hard as hell. Could only scored once with Nasri. Overall it feels good. Not Fifa 12.5. More like 12.85 or something.

The first touch is really punishing me. Been rape by AC Milan, where 2 goals were gifted by poor first touch by Lescot and Kolarov. I'm playing on semi for pass and shot and manual on cross, fucking hard as hell. Could only scored once with Nasri. Overall it feels good. Not Fifa 12.5. More like 12.85 or something.

This is music to my ears :BOP:

i havent played it yet but surely as a defender if i was under pressure i wouldnt take a touch id put it in row z every time.do you have to take a touch or cant you just play the ball

talking about Fifa in general, if your defender is facing towards the goal and the attacker is some way off (so not really under pressure at the time), if you control the ball it can take some time if it is coming over you, by this time because of pressuring and how easy it is to disposes somebody they can barge into you and get the ball. Players hang back, just to make the defender control the ball, they know if a certain animation kicks in, they can just barge into the player and get the ball.

The option is to volley it out, but that shouldn't be your only option. You should be able to shield the ball better and hold off the attacker. This you can't do in time.

It is especially noticeable if you are a manual player playing against assisted.

Excellent pace at slow speed, awesome first touch mistakes, great build up runs from your teammates, great tackles, more fluid than fifa12 for sure. If the demo is so enjoyable, i am very optimistic for the final version...

Very impressed with the demo so far, which is a breath of fresh air after slogging through the clunky PES demos for last month. Attacking AI and player runs are much better this year and the game is just so fluid and sharp looking.

I made a terrible throwout by Buffon straight to Robihno but fortunately he wasn't expecting it and his first touch ballooned it back towards Buffon for a simple catch, really thought I was in trouble!

First impressions after half a dozen games:

Pros:
- PC version looks great in 1920x1080. Not having any framerate issues so far. Quick loading times too.
- The new pre-kickoff intros are quite nice, some dramatic music and an establishing shot of the venue.
- They've tweaked the crowd audio a bit. Not a huge amount, but they tend to get more excited when the ball is in the penalty area. Still think the overall tone of the crowd audio is too high pitched.
- Does Slow speed seem a tiny bit slower to anyone else? Might just be that I haven't played FIFA12 for a while.
- Attacking AI movement off the ball is a bit better and bit more varied. Again, wouldn't call it a revolutionary change but improved.
- CPU teams shoot more readily. Last year they hated to have a go from outside the box, this time they seem more happy to take a swing.
- Defenders are much better at sticking out their leg to block a pass or a shot that travels close to them. Seeing a lot more intercepted passes through this.

Cons:
- Midfielders do almost nothing defensively, and there's all that space between players. But you can fiddle with the Sliders (Marking, Line Length, Line Width) to bring them closer together, so will have to see what we can get out of that.
- No new sliders.
- Pressure levels are the same as FIFA12, which for my taste is a bit low. You can carry the ball out of defence without much trouble. This is what we ended up with after everyone moaned about FIFA11 being too aggressive!
- The first touch stuff is not quite as pronounced as I was expecting. It is there and it makes a difference now and then, but I don't feel like it's a game-changer.
- I need to invest in a better controller for my PC! This old white Xbox pad feels cheap and imprecise.

Last edited:
Very impressed with the demo so far, which is a breath of fresh air after slogging through the clunky PES demos for last month. Attacking AI and player runs are much better this year and the game is just so fluid and sharp looking.

Attacking runs, do they only come from your attackers, or will we see great runs from offensive midtfielders as well?

Apparently I'm fucking shit at this game. Can't win anything. I desperately need a time expander tweak for longer match.

Whats a good site about patches to Fifa? Where can it land ? Im at work, downloaded ver from the link how can i run it on my pc at home? is there some exe or i need to copy it to some origin foler ?
BTW how to set to 60 FPS maximum ?

Last edited:
It's out now on Xbox 360 according to FSB. Get downloading, I want some reading material and I'm stuck at work. Next to a PS3. Boohoo.

Back
Top Bottom