FIFA 13

Also which is great is that less strong or physical players have more chance of winning challenges in certain situations. Just had Wilshere come away with the ball against a bigger stronger player because he was at the right angle etc in 12 I don't think I ever saw that happen, always was near to no chance of the little guy coming away with the ball, which was wrong.
Wilshere has a very high Balance attribute. I think they changed the effect of Balance for 12, but it's possible maybe the fixes to the Impact Engine make it work better now?

Yep had a few games this morning and I think it's amazing - I really got into 12 though and worked through its problems to find a game I could enjoy playing.

So the fact 13 is a slight upgrade, is good enough for me. But it's a really significant upgrade. Word I used this morning and I'm seeing more and more throughout the day is "fluid". The game just feels more fluid. The player react quicker, the ball is (much) more random and it flows really realistically.

I like the fact the graphics have been tweaked a bit. It looks 'dirtier' and hence more realistic to the viewe IMO. One of the bug bears of the HD Generation is everything is too sharp and crisp at those distances. Sure it makes for good screen grabs, but it's not what we are used to watching when at a live game or even on tv - so that's a big plus for me.

The new animations are always good to see. Plus the newly improved physics system is great - instead of just tangling and falling over each other, the players feel weighty and come together in a realistic fashion. Loved getting eased off the pitch by Richards shouldering me down the line. Subtle, but much better.

The new first touch is brilliant too. Definitely the biggest mprovement to my eyes. The way you just don't know how you will get the ball, you have to plan a couple of escape routes when getting the ball (ie if I get it clean, I can lay it off here or if it bobbles up, I'm gonna have to take a touch and shield it left cos of the defender coming in from that side etc).

The ball physics feel vastly improved (and as I say, I liked them in 12).

So much to say, but batteries dying. So I'll leave with another new feature, the newly improved live match feature. Great to have commentary about players reflect what they are doing in real life. Ie had Tyler say "dzeko already has 3 this season and nearly added to his tally there" (think it was dzeko). Great!

Can't wait for the full game and season mode!

Yep had a few games this morning and I think it's amazing - I really got into 12 though and worked through its problems to find a game I could enjoy playing.

So the fact 13 is a slight upgrade, is good enough for me. But it's a really significant upgrade. Word I used this morning and I'm seeing more and more throughout the day is "fluid". The game just feels more fluid. The player react quicker, the ball is (much) more random and it flows really realistically.

I like the fact the graphics have been tweaked a bit. It looks 'dirtier' and hence more realistic to the viewe IMO. One of the bug bears of the HD Generation is everything is too sharp and crisp at those distances. Sure it makes for good screen grabs, but it's not what we are used to watching when at a live game or even on tv - so that's a big plus for me.

The new animations are always good to see. Plus the newly improved physics system is great - instead of just tangling and falling over each other, the players feel weighty and come together in a realistic fashion. Loved getting eased off the pitch by Richards shouldering me down the line. Subtle, but much better.

The new first touch is brilliant too. Definitely the biggest mprovement to my eyes. The way you just don't know how you will get the ball, you have to plan a couple of escape routes when getting the ball (ie if I get it clean, I can lay it off here or if it bobbles up, I'm gonna have to take a touch and shield it left cos of the defender coming in from that side etc).

The ball physics feel vastly improved (and as I say, I liked them in 12).

So much to say, but batteries dying. So I'll leave with another new feature, the newly improved live match feature. Great to have commentary about players reflect what they are doing in real life. Ie had Tyler say "dzeko already has 3 this season and nearly added to his tally there" (think it was dzeko). Great!

Can't wait for the full game and season mode!

agree with nearly all of this

Anyone heard Shreeves pipe up yet? I clobbered Pato by the corner flag and soon afterwards the commentary passed over to Geoff Shreeves for an injury update about Pato's ankle.

I dread to think what he'd come out with if Ivanovic was in this demo :CONFUSE:

I've just been told geoff shreeves is in the demo!!!!

Geoff-Shreeves-e1335349598459.jpg

i havent heard him yet tho! :D

edit: just seen nerf's post too! :D :D

The game is faster than last year. :)

I miss player individuality which shows on PES though.

But can see myself playing long career on FIFA 13. Demo is a blast. Haven't really hoped for much improvements, but there are.

First touch is not visible at all for me. Haven't had an issue with receiving the ball yet. Even once.

Manual feels easier than ever. Almost like semi-assisted O_o.

I also found we will need to tune sliders for offline play. AI still is keeping heck lots of possession on defaults (88+ is not a problem!).

Tactical defending this year is a must too.

Off to play some more :P.

The contextual dribbling in the top players is glorious when you go past 1 or 2 players within seconds. Robinho is so responsive its untrue.

Surely it's something that's been asked a lot but can someone help with the PC demo ? What's this "origin" shit :LOL: ? Is there a way to bypass it and play the demo ?

Agree with what people are saying on here. I played FIFA 12 to death, and have lately been killing the PES 2013 demo.

Few new things I'm loving:

1. Went past a defender with Tevez, defender clearly grapped my shirt, slowing me down, but I still stumbled on, only to be caught by another defender. Play pulled back for the first foul, and a yellow. Brilliant.

2. You can actually shield the ball now, and so far defenders won't go right through you to take it.

3. Scored a true pinball goal, which only reached me due to mad spin following a save. Seemed to fool everyone.

4. Keeper came up at end of game and headed it, though it went wide.

But, it definitely feels too 'light' to me, just as I've gotten used to PES. Players can turn and stop too quickly imo. Also, I think that PES 2013 looks much much better on a PC. The weird jersey stretching and body models in FIFA is just off.

I put some custom sliders on (Placebo's with a few mods for 6 minute halves) and I've been enjoying the game, apart from becoming really frustrated at the lack of intelligent teammate movement and the repeated runs of straight forward, straight diagonal. No running to areas with space, or predicting a cross etc. - just a very basic and crippling selection of runs, which you always have to instigate yourself.

Everything else I'm fine with (you can't have everything in a game and I honestly put that down to processing power, you have to focus on a selection of aspects, and the parts of FIFA that are good are the bits I like) - BUT, after playing PES 2013 demo 2 and seeing Rooney pegging it into the box looking for a cross with no input from me - which he then got onto the end of and scored - I've not had fun having to make the same passes over and over. Seeing players totally independently decide to move off into a hole, or moving backwards into intelligent, safe positions, has blown my mind and ruined my FIFA 12 career a bit.

If FIFA 13 is an end to that style of movement - or at least more variety in the runs - then amen.

So fifa 13 or pes 2013? which u prefer

Hi All

I have deliberately stayed away from the forums because I always ended up getting super hyped only to be left disappointed.

I have downloaded the PC demo and quite honestly it's simply amazing IMO:WORSHIP: the ball seems far looser than 12 and I love some of the first touches getting away from players, creating some great spontaneous moments. The passing and shooting is more refined with a definite dip on the ball on longer shots as the ball slows.

Off the ball movement is very good and with a bit of tweaking the speed can be toned own to suit.

This is a great improvement on 12 for me ( which I enjoyed) so will not be touching PES for the second year running:OOOH:

Last edited:
Question fifa 13 also available with arabic commentary this year? let me know svp dying to know.

I was told by the Swedish online store I bought from that the EU English version on 360 will be the same as the Fifa12 English EU version ie English and Arabic.

why wont you be playing it again?

Season ticket release is 11 days and it's far too annoying to play such a wonderful game of football after setting controls/sliders for it to only last less than 2/3 of my normal half of a match (10 min halves), and this way it won't kill Fifa12 completely so I can play it a bit longer ;)

Yep, you got the injuries update. I've also see that on drop ball, the ball won't be kicked every time. Say if during the match stopped you have the possession of the ball and its deep in your half, the referee will drop the ball and you can actually dribble or kick or do wtv with the ball.

And on the quick throw in, sometimes your player will chase the ball and kick it to their team mate so they can have a quick throw. So does with the free kick. Nice touch.

Season ticket release is 11 days and it's far too annoying to play such a wonderful game of football after setting controls/sliders for it to only last less than 2/3 of my normal half of a match (10 min halves), and this way it won't kill Fifa12 completely so I can play it a bit longer ;)

good reply, cant argue with that!!

Played a few games this afternoon. First impressions:

The good:

Game feels...organic. Thats the best i can describe it. Its a lot more fluid and the players feel weighty and and different. Like Toure and nasri and tevez for example.

Loving the different times of day, gives a new dimension to the stadium.

Graphics look ace.

Lots of new animations

lots of great deflections and ball physics leading to some lovely situations.

Geoff Shreeves!

Solid gameplay.

Some bad:

Cpu doesnt shoot enough still for me, although they have taken the odd pot shot.

But thats it!

its an instant first buy for me if they dont mess with it!

A nice little thing I noticed when I had the ball on the edge of the opposition area with Abate (Milan fullback), I cut inside the defender with my right foot and then away from another defenders lunge with my left. It all looked really neat and all on the left analogue too. It was exactly what I wanted to do.

Anyone else finding the AI quite tough to breakdown and beat? Won my first game 1-0 (Juve - Dortmund) thanks to a clever counter attack by Giovinco but the second game I played against Arsenal I got my arse handed to me in the first half, going down 3-0 through sloppy defending.

Seems excellent thus far though.

wow this is best feedback I have ever seen of a fifa game IIRC.

I still cant believe how fun it is....organic is excellent way of pointing out how this game plays.

I love this after just a few minutes playing on world class, slow, all manual bar passing on semi.

Scored a great goal with my first attack, lovely ball from Gundogan to Reus, he carried on his run, a trick from Reus later then the through ball. I played it too fast and into Gundogans feet, not into space by accident. it meant the ball flicked up off him, ahead of him with backspin, ran on then he adjusted and hit the half volley into the near top corner.

The camera angle probably doesn't do it justice, looks ace with a proper view - http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/134784689

Amazed with how good this game "feels" already.

If I rar up my Fifa 13 demo folder and make it available will it help?

Dunno, does it come with an installer, or do you just mean sticking the unpackaged, installed FIFA 13 into a rar? I was under the impression Origin does all that for you so you never see a setup.exe or the like...

My AVG told me one of the torrents was a nasty virus, so I won't be bothering with that again.

Edit: NEVER MIND, IT'S STARTED! Good times.

Last edited:
The Geoff Shreeves stuff needs to be implemented better....all the times I've heard it he says the player will see if he can continue even though he's already been subbed.

Back
Top Bottom