FIFA 13

Since this generation is winding down and the competition is taking a standing eight count there seems to be little reason for EA to go whole hog at this point in the cycle. Unless the demo knocks my jock off I ain't buyin'.

As in, not many given? Now you mention it, yeah, don't remember many fouls at all. That might just be down to the players though. I generally don't slide too much.

Also i never got to play against the CPU so i cant say whether that was any better there.

Also never once saw the new Free kick (shoot on goal) setup either.

Not easy judging off 6 games.

I hardly slide in fifa either but there should still be free kicks for certain collisions like clipping the heels.

That was one of the things that bugged me about fifa 12 i really hope they sort that out in 13. I don't think it would take much, just stricter refs.

You could make refs stricter in FIFA 12 on PC. Simply modifying .ini file.

He would blow for EVERY t-shirt pull and give yellow card ;).

So it's not like it couldn't be done before...

Those changes in 13 are aesthetic ONLY. They do not change the gameplay and sadly, I lose the immersion looking how players run (weightless, airy-like movement, sliding on pitch which is visible on videos - that's unreal, despite animations being nice).

Still hoping that demo will be good and I won't have to change sliders even once this time round.

I can't believe no one has mentioned or complained about the fact that the very first thing that happens in that match is Rues is able to run through the entire length of the opposition half unchallenged, enters the the penalty area and has a pretty clear attempt on goal, straight from kick off.

This has been a problem on last years game where A.I pressing would be very weak or even non existent, CPU controlled team mates do jack shit and it's a shame to see it looks like it's still gonna be the case.

@johhny what can u say about attacing pressure? In 12, if somebody wants to pass around defenders (especially when he is winning) ,he can do it easily and it is hard to get the ball from him.Is there any fix for that?

Hi, i honestly didn't see a change, but then again no-one tried just playing it around the back four, timewasting. It wasn't a competitive environment i was playing in, so hard to say.

Formations and pressure were similar (apart form contain not being as strong) If i was to guess, i think you could still do it. :-(

This 'clear' video is the closest to what i played, the only thing that doesnt come through is the 'weight' still looks floaty, but playing it didnt feel as bad. You can see just holding run and hammering pass isnt as successful this year. Especially first touch when holding run.

Got to remember these are 4.5 star teams so will be even more prominent with 3.

EDIT... Also Andy you will be welcomed back with open arms :-) As will any Evo-webbers. If you play full manual and fancy giving clubs a go in 13 give us a shout. They'll be updates in the thread soon i'm sure.

EDIT... Also Andy you will be welcomed back with open arms :-) As will any Evo-webbers. If you play full manual and fancy giving clubs a go in 13 give us a shout. They'll be updates in the thread soon i'm sure.

Would you suggest that there will be any filter for manual passing enabled in clubs? That would be tottaly awesome!

Would you suggest that there will be any filter for manual passing enabled in clubs? That would be tottaly awesome!

Thats the dream.... but, probably not going to happen, and even if there was, it would be so hard to find games. Not many manual clubs...

This is why i'm happy EA have made some of the new training mode sections manual. It should give exposure to it and hopefully more players.

Nice CPU AI but the problem is that it will be the same for all teams with no regard to rating. It will be passable if we changed the difficulty every game according to the rating of the opposing team.

There were a couple of situations with the defending AI acting stupid and not urgent enough in its own box, but overall it was actually a nice video. First video that gave me some hope that BAP could maybe be playable this year.

As long as they have sorted crossing in FIFA 13, I will be happy. If not, I can't see myself playing it.

I never cross the ball in FIFA 12 due to the total lack of any air superiority the strikers have over the defenders.

Thanks for the video but it kind of illustrates my point. And no dis-respect meant to you mate, but you've turned him well but then you had to flick the stick to sprint into space. You should be able to take a normal touch and move past him once you've stepped inside. Even though you fooled him, as soon as you move past him he reacts. There's no sense of leaving him flat footed for a yard or two.

pes 13 provieds this feelings of inertia better right?

Trying not to draw conclusions from these videos, but that Milan AI did look pretty dangerous. The CPU had above 50% possession at half-time, too.

pes 13 provieds this feelings of inertia better right?

I think so, yes. It's one of the areas I think PES does better.

A friend of mine who loved PES until PES 6 and is now a FIFA only player tried the PES 13 demo and told me the players turn too slowly on PES. After some discussion, he acknowledged that FIFA's movement is nice to control, albeit not entirely true to proper representation. A halfway point would be nice.

No point harping on about this issue as to some people, player movement and dribbling which is not entirely true to real life isn't a gamebreaker but for me FIFA needs to find more of a middle ground. I guess the term SIM extends only so far. Just look at GTA IV's driving physics...

I agree to an extent though - you want SIM as far as having to consider various fundamentals, but you also want some level of fun factor in a game.

yeh pes 13 is more realistic in nature in its dribbling but the irony for me at least is fifa dribbling looks better animations though some disagree on FIFA being decent fact is PES is far to robotic and unnatural movement when dribbling for me...animation wise, though the abilites to turn, beat players, change of pace etc is better in pes...

Last edited:
2v2 Local Co-op Only? OH FFS EA!!

Can they not see that virtually most evenings people set up 2v2 Rooms in Lobbies? Also that they are FULL to the FUCKING BRIM!!?

How hard can it be that you go to Head to Head Seasons.... invite a friend. He joins in and waits until you have sorted out the Team/Formation settings and then BOOM SHAKA LAKA! Game on?!!

I dont know about some of you guys but I rarely play games with friends at my house anymore... I usually do it over Xbox Live.

Well I used to play offline lounge mode against a couple of mates and the lounge would keep track of all our data but they took it out last year. So now we can only play exhibition games with no tables/stats etc. SUCKS!

50166681.jpg

517153981.jpg

93874247.jpg

26991821.jpg

Back
Top Bottom