FIFA 13

same old build up on here every year - people judging a game from a 5 minute video clip(s) on assisted controls..put the game on manual or at least semi and adjust the sliders to suit

I was about to say the same thing, it happens every year :LOL:

I could just go to last year at the same time and I would be hard pushed to notice the difference in comments.

same old build up on here every year - people judging a game from a 5 minute video clip(s) on assisted controls..put the game on manual or at least semi and adjust the sliders to suit

This.

I almost feel like hibernating for a week so the crappy videos with grotesque overreactions get out of the way ;)

Yet for some reason, 3 months later I find myself hating the game for the exact same negatives I've always found in those videos.

So, there must be something on this negative critics...

- Ping pong passing
- No momentum/footplanting
- 0 depth in tactical formations
- Perfect ball control
- Pixel perfect AI
- Terrible teammates defending AI
- Always forward CPU mentality
- Stupid 180º passing/clearing/crossing
- No representation of weak foot and skill attributes
- Very lightly implemented stamina model

It doesn't matter at all if it's a shaky cam on a 5 minutes video played by 2 idiots. I know what all those things mean in the final game, and I don't like it.

We can tweak the game with sliders, speed and control layouts, edit all formations and players and make the game considerably better. But on its core, the game has all those flaws because EA is clearly betting on a very nice empty shell and cater for the masses. Millions speak. I respect them because it's their business choice and they're free to take it. But the game is clearly stalled.

The implementation of first touch control is pathetic from a realistic point of view. And we all would have wanted to have EVERY TOUCH CONTROL, because it's stupid to have error only in the first touch, and not the rest. Really abysmal. But then again the implementation of first touch control looks very bad. As if it's an excuse for having a 10% of bad controls, but the rest are perfect. There is no context at all.

I have the feeling that they have improved very little, if any, the "football" experience of the game since Fifa 08-09.

I'm really considering a year without football games.

Last edited:
the circle of fifa:

"the game releases in a 6 months, why are you getting upset over this leaked info ?"

"people recording it on a tv does it no justice whatsoever, calm down people!"

"its a demo, who cares, its only 50%, just wait a few weeks"

"fuck... a whole year of this bullshit"

I have to agree with hitman on certain extent to adjust some setting within the game. However, placebo's slider or pc patch gameplay cannot really help my situation. I end-up go to default setting and increase acceleration a little bit. may be i am just unlucky with this slider stuff.

I find my experience best with FIFA 11 pc version with patched gameplay (it is actually console port of fifa 10 if i am not mistaken). i just could not play it anymore. celebration and cut-scene made my head dizzy :JAY:

On another note though, I just hope moving player on the pitch feels different in 13 although the same animation engine is used. The first gamescom gameplay (juve vs dortmund) ? looks interesting, makes me want to test the demo. However the other vid (KSjiobd*&(* whatever his name is) seems so similiar with fifa 12.

I think the way people play will also gives good/bad/wong impression of actual gameplay or how it feels.

Last edited:
I know its the same things every year, but the same things are there every year.

I play full manual and there are some modes i cant filter Assisted players out of.

So when i see how easy its going to be for them again this year it rules out half the online modes.

Last year i saw 5 min shakey cam videos showing no footplanting and no passing error etc, had they gone for final release? Nope

Its got nothing to doing with the quality of the camera.

Anyway, there are alot of positives too, just those niggles still remain.

I play it on Saturday so i'll be able to see for myself, no 'dont judge the game off a 5 min video' then.

I guess it'll be 'dont judge it off the demo' or 'were you stood facing north when you played it?'

Last edited:
EA Season Ticket is coming to the PS3 in Europe, that would mean playing the game the 22nd of september, 6 days before official release...

Have to admit that I'm tempted...

EA Season Ticket is coming to the PS3 in Europe, that would mean playing the game the 22nd of september, 6 days before official release...

Have to admit that I'm tempted...

Nice, do you have a link to where it says 22nd? it was only 3 days early last year.

I've never quite understood the urge to get the game a day or two before release, when you have a whole twelve months to play it anyway.

The videos at this time of year remind me that I can't stand watching other people play FIFA!

It's still saying 3 days everywhere though, so could well mean you get it on the 22nd and it stops on the 25th...

Not if you don't turn your console off... I did that last year with my US account, could play untill I had the retail version. ;)

Milan Mandaric better not pull this kind of crap with me!

A0YZi3tCYAEj-l-.jpg:large

;)

It's still saying 3 days everywhere though, so could well mean you get it on the 22nd and it stops on the 25th...
no you'll get it for that time surely, as it happened with fifa street for being 6 days release, tiger woods aswell i think?

i think the game looks so horrible... its gonna be hard playing this game after playing the Pes13 demo because of the momentum/interia.... you cant run past your man in these games you need skill moves its so unrealistic and silly

i think the game looks so horrible... its gonna be hard playing this game after playing the Pes13 demo because of the momentum/interia.... you cant run past your man in these games you need skill moves its so unrealistic and silly

With all due respect, but its not like ure saying about dribling since fifa 12. Things have changed in fifa 12, now u can past players without using any tricks.

With all due respect, but its not like ure saying about dribling since fifa 12. Things have changed in fifa 12, now u can past players without using any tricks.

no you cant (ive played fifa 12 all year, skipped pes 12), not realistically, because no matter what the defender just catches up with you due it being impossible to be wrong footed, jut hold L2 and glide around in circles.

no you cant (ive played fifa 12 all year, skipped pes 12), not realistically, because no matter what the defender just catches up with you due it being impossible to be wrong footed, jut hold L2 and glide around in circles.

Sorry but you're wrong, it's not easy to do but many times I've dribbled past opposing AI players so successfully they've ended up on their arse, without using a trick. I'll try to remember to upload a video next time.

Sorry but you're wrong, it's not easy to do but many times I've dribbled past opposing AI players so successfully they've ended up on their arse, without using a trick. I'll try to remember to upload a video next time.

That is true indeed. It's all about timing!

Gotta say i think you are all worrying for nothing. Every year it looks the same on these vids. its not until you get your hands on the game and you set it to how you wish to play it does it start to feel better. These Gamescon games are all on fast, with assistance, you can tell right off the bat.

The most interesting thing for me though looking at the videos on FSB is that at the Etihad there seems to be dynamic lighting in effect. Some videos show the stadium with a shadow over the left goal, some with shadow over the right. Some have no shadow at all!

Whats that about? I cant seem to get an answer.

Ok found athread that hints at certain stadiums having dynamic lighting that changes through the game. trying to find out more.

yep i concur people talk absolute rubbish on here with the "you cant beat a player on FIFA with performing a trick" statement

YouTube - FIFA 13 Man City v Borussia Dortmund Gamescom 2012 Gameplay

Not sure if this video has been posted yet but looks quite nice, I think the first touches, dribbling and general ball physics seem nicely tweaked and slightly more realistic and varied than Fifa 12.

Also funny to note a player in the Dortmund wall getting booked during that free kick.

Have to say I found Career Mode in Fifa 12 largely playable so seeing these on field tweaks combined with the CM tweaks makes me very excited for this years offering.

Oh and I love that they finally animated ground staff/press/substitues/managers - has been one of my biggest wishes for ages just in terms of match day immersion (scoring the winner and going to celebrate in front of the press/manager etc!)

I guess i have to agree with matty here.. in the sense of turning/cutting the other way to wrong-footed a defender.. in addition most times in FIFA the defender does not really show that he is being wrong-footed.

It is the feel to do this feels more rewarding in PES. I guess it is the advantageous of stiffer animation that PES has.

I remember someone explaining it to me in other thread that fifa's animation is made to prefer responsiveness.. that's why even if let's say a dribbler change his direction 180 degree, still does not give inertia/momentum feel although the animation shows it.

Some people like me just still can not feel it in FIFA, yes including 12.

For example take a circle dribbling in fifa and pes.. both almost give the same increments of turn.. but in PES it feels a bit stiffer from a turning degree to next one. However in fifa, it feels too soft.

One more example is dribbling inside the box.. just use standard dribble using only left stick. To me, both defender and the dribbler kinda lack of urgency, important situation inside the box.. he is like jogging as if he is dribbling in his own half without kinda being pressured feel. the emotion i guess, pes portraits it slightly ahead of fifa.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom