FIFA 13

The clubs news is good.
One thing though.....whoever is in charge of the graphics for kits and boots needs to up their game....the names and numbers on the kits look awful as always and the colour of those 2 tone mercurials is wrong. I know it's a minor detail really, but how hard is it to get the colour right?!

They messed up the t90s in 12, or Lasers, whatever they were. The shoe is white/black/orange, like neon orange, but in game they were black/grey/reddish orange, bothered the hell out of me

Might be picky, but this sort of thing still bothers me slightly. AI defenders turning their back on the ball and re-positioning in blind sprints, rather than facing up and playing angles.

rUPcI.jpg

I appreciate that the human player had pulled the second CB out of position, which didn't help the gaps in the defence, and that Dortmund were desperately readjusting to what looks like a counter-attack, but still. Once the human player is unable to prevent the pass coming, he's helpless because the AI defenders are effectively out of control, sprinting off in opposite directions.

If we now apparently have attackers who can angle their body to the ball for better runs, surely the defenders can do the same? Allowing themselves the chance to adjust to the angle of the pass or the run.

Might be picky, but this sort of thing still bothers me slightly. AI defenders turning their back on the ball and re-positioning in blind sprints, rather than facing up and playing angles.

rUPcI.jpg

I appreciate that the human player had pulled the second CB out of position, which didn't help the gaps in the defence, and that Dortmund were desperately readjusting to what looks like a counter-attack, but still. Once the human player is unable to prevent the pass coming, he's helpless because the AI defenders are effectively out of control, sprinting off in opposite directions.

If we now apparently have attackers who can angle their body to the ball for better runs, surely the defenders can do the same? Allowing themselves the chance to adjust to the angle of the pass or the run.

You're mot picky ;). That's the thing KSI noticed in first trailer... Saying Defensive AI is still broken. Yet they focused on attacking AI... This may be a mess online... ;).

(to those who don't know: defenders should look at where the ball is, facing the player face to face. Turning their backs to attacker is v. bad idea).

You're mot picky ;). That's the thing KSI noticed in first trailer... Saying Defensive AI is still broken. Yet they focused on attacking AI... This may be a mess online... ;).

(to those who don't know: defenders should look at where the ball is, facing the player face to face. Turning their backs to attacker is v. bad idea).

Thanks for that :ROLL:

Looking at the above video i think its the players fault not the AI for intercepting that ball and then losing it in that area, immediately creating a gap and putting the defence out of position. The centre back is faced up and then when he does turn the striker runs on his blind side..I think it looks really realistic

Don't worry b4 time, it could be an amator level. GC demo gameplay, a few nice shoots YouTube - FIFA 13 - Gameplay-Demo von der gamescom 2012

The match day thing sounds good but....

They had commentary describing Rooneys goal, that is ok if you score exactly the same goal as him, but what if you scored a different goal? which is 99% what is going to happen if you are playing the game.

So they will be recording bits of commentary that may never be heard?

I don't think I get the concept too well, because if you are playing the game, then the game will play out completely differently? Would it have been as exciting if Man City were 5-0 up at half time? no, it wouldn't have been. Will the commentary reflect this?

Also the most exciting finish to a season is still Arsenal in 1989 with us beating Liverpool at their ground with the Michael Thomas goal in the last minute :DD So I don't know why they call this the most exciting end to a season in living memory?

They had commentary describing Rooneys goal, that is ok if you score exactly the same goal as him, but what if you scored a different goal? which is 99% what is going to happen if you are playing the game.

You wouldn't see Rooney's goal, in this scenario you're playing as Man City and hearing updates from the Man Utd v Sunderland match, you wouldn't see anything from that match...

What about Real Madrid - Mallorca in 2007, 0-1 to Mallorca and 10 min to go, and then Reyes and Diarras goals :)

Last edited:
In the few seconds we've watched of Fifa13 I already spot a lot of the things that make me roll the eyes:

- Defender AI still giving a lot of space in the center and between defenders and midfield. Defenders showing the back to the ball, as stated above, etc...
- Stupid clearances are still in. A player runs to the ball to clear it before it goes out, and going at full pelt to it he does a 180º clearance to the midfield. Pathetic. You would break your hip doing this in real life. This kind of clearances must go out of play 90% of the time. It really annoys me.
- Dribbling is still far from what I expect from a football game and it seems that this first-touch feature is in fact only affecting your first touch. So, any other touch after the first one is still a perfect touch. Great...

What about Real Madrid - Mallorca in 2007, 0-1 to Mallorca and 10 min to go, and then Reyes and Diarras goals :)

Were Mallorca going to win the league if Madrid Did not? Was Madrid away from home? Did Madrid have to win by 2 clear goals to win the league? Were Madrid playing the most dominant club of that time in their league? Were the odds against Madrid?

If you answer yes to even a few of those, then it might have chance ;))

Were Mallorca going to win the league if Madrid Did not? Was Madrid away from home? Did Madrid have to win by 2 clear goals to win the league? Were Madrid playing the most dominant club of that time in their league? Were the odds against Madrid?

If you answer yes to even a few of those, then it might have chance ;))

Youre right, but it was dramatic :P , i want more gameplay why people didnt upload it yet form GC

Last edited:
According to people who are at the Gamescon, EA have banned people from recording video's of the game. Shame if true. I'm playing it in Manchester tomorrow. will see if I can grab a video.

Not worth getting yourself into trouble, TBH.

Just collect your thoughts and remember them to post on here! Pros and Cons!

Back
Top Bottom