FIFA 13

Anybody else slightly perturbed by the lack of gameplay vids or even information at this stage? This time last year we were inundated with FIFA 12 fever.

I really hope Pro clubs gets a good boost of new stuff put into it. It's such a fun mode and the only online mode I play

Balotelli's 'Hulk' celebration... in the game

418251_10151104239889288_1039558613_n.jpg

The stance is meant to show his hard trained body, with the shirt on, it makes no sense.

Hit and miss, some looks good, some looks really robotic.

These kinds of trailers do nothing for me, but then I’m not the target audience who’d be impressed by this kind of thing, me I’d be happy watching a 20 minute video just looking at CM menus! ;)

... me I’d be happy watching a 20 minute video just looking at CM menus! ;)

Haha, I wouldn't mind joining you in looking at that vid! Maybe even putting it in slowmotion, so we can get a good look at everything and pause it to discuss... :)

Hit and miss, some looks good, some looks really robotic.

These kinds of trailers do nothing for me, but then I’m not the target audience who’d be impressed by this kind of thing, me I’d be happy watching a 20 minute video just looking at CM menus! ;)

I didnt see anything robotic in that video, saying that I haven't seen anything robotic in FIFA 12 so not sure why it would be now...granted it doesn't tell you much but its going to be a polished FIFA 12 so that's good enough for me.can't wait...6 weeks and 3 days (about the same time my raspberry pi will be arriving)

The stance is meant to show his hard trained body, with the shirt on, it makes no sense.

agree fifa makes a clown of itself, and a lot of video game developers nowdays

"- yeah sure we can do that celebration!!! but only with loosing its meaning! cool heh!? - developer
- whatever we dont care about adults who will realize that, only 13 year old kids, put it in! - manager"

we are talking about that putting this celebration in without having the knowledge to make it like it should be is just ridicilous...what ARE U talking about?

Not impressed with that vid. They focused on most arcadey shit on Earth to please skillers/tricksters online...

FIFA Street #2, but in 11 vs 11 mode is nearing faster and faster.

Hopefully the career mode and AI will be a challenge this time round... Bring in the CM news! :D

Hard to showcase the core gameplay changes in a 2 minute splashy trailer so its understandable they tried to showcase more of the fancy stuff. These trailers never tell the whole story so I'm still waiting for some shakey cam footage this week

nothing special i think . I want to see how first touch looks like . Ivanovic first touch is still as good as Zidane ? I hope it has benn fixed :x

Last edited:
Not impressed with that vid. They focused on most arcadey shit on Earth to please skillers/tricksters online...

FIFA Street #2, but in 11 vs 11 mode is nearing faster and faster.

Hopefully the career mode and AI will be a challenge this time round... Bring in the CM news! :D

I don't really care about tricksters online and what they do I'm more bothered about full manual career mode..FIFA always showcases overhead kicks (which i guess get the PES fans all shouting FIFA Street !!!) but I have seen about 4 attempted overhead kicks in one season and only one actually go in

Not really PES fans. Even FIFA hardcore fans seeking realism say this trailer shows the stuff appealing to kids.

Ever wondered why EA never showed realistic stuff in their trailers up till now? Because they can't do it.

It would turn their fanbase around <lol>.

That's why you won't hear about interia/footplanting/realistic physics/dynamic weather conditions etc. soon. Sadly, that's true for both companies. (with the K one getting what interia/foot planting is right).

Still will buy both games in the end. No doubts here.

Just saw the EA press conference, that new Matchday feature sounds awesome. Similar to NBA Today of NBA2k12, love it to play upcoming fixtures with automatically updated forms and stats and special commentary. :)

No Clubs news in the presentation.

But on twitter official..

Clubs: Online Pro progression saved on the server, not save files. Bye-bye hackers!

Clubs: Online Pro for Clubs only: no more offline boosting. #FIFA13

Clubs: Tuning to Human GKs… no more fully assisted in Clubs, tuned attributes and accomplishments #FIFA13

Not bad for starters...... I wish the 'no more fully assisted' wasn't just for keepers :-)

Edit : MORE!!!!

Clubs: Online Pro and CPU teammates stats based off real attributes from players in top leagues.

Clubs: Maxed out Pros more realistic to real life players. Accomplishments and growth have been tuned #FIFA13

Clubs: Matchmaking allows you to filter ANYS and human goalkeepers to your preference #FIFA13

Clubs: AI teammates get better as your Club improves #FIFA13

Clubs: Free Agent Hub allows you to play Drop-In Matches, looks at leaderboards etc. before joining a club #FIFA13

Lets hope so.... Well its what we want to hear.... wonder if its there in-game.

Last edited:
No Clubs news in the presentation.

But on twitter official..

Clubs: Online Pro progression saved on the server, not save files. Bye-bye hackers!

Clubs: Online Pro for Clubs only: no more offline boosting. #FIFA13

Clubs: Tuning to Human GKs… no more fully assisted in Clubs, tuned attributes and accomplishments #FIFA13

Not bad for starters...... I wish the 'no more fully assisted' wasn't just for keepers :-)

Edit : MORE!!!!

Clubs: Online Pro and CPU teammates stats based off real attributes from players in top leagues.

Clubs: Maxed out Pros more realistic to real life players. Accomplishments and growth have been tuned #FIFA13

Clubs: Matchmaking allows you to filter ANYS and human goalkeepers to your preference #FIFA13

Clubs: AI teammates get better as your Club improves #FIFA13

Clubs: Free Agent Hub allows you to play Drop-In Matches, looks at leaderboards etc. before joining a club #FIFA13

Lets hope so.... Well its what we want to hear.... wonder if its there in-game.

Brilliant! Cheers

Some really clever decisions by EA there in that list. Just reading them makes me smile because they are definitely some of my major concerns with the previous 2 games when it comes to the pro club mode.

Hope they turn out to be as good as they sound!

Ok, I like how players can surprise the defender after a first touch with a shot or something else, but this time it MUST have the "negative" side of it, if you ove hit a pass I want to see not very skilled players having some trouble to trap and put the ball under control and close to his feet, then EA can achieve the unpredictability.

I like the fact that Messi only used his left foot on this trailer, but unfortunetly the game still lacks footplating and sense of weight. This will only be fixed in Fifa 14, just like we can hope animations to be fixed in PES only in Pes 2014, so in the end of day it makes no sense to bring this to the table.

Back
Top Bottom