FIFA 13

I wonder what the online news is? Maybe we can change sliders online, that would be nice.

The Guy tweeting just confirmed the playing in Europe on the first season, so that is nice.

I wonder what the "transfer wanted list" is?

And who I wonder would actually choose to not receive all the money from their transfers? Don't really get why that was added.

And who I wonder would actually choose to not receive all the money from their transfers? Don't really get why that was added.

Well I can kind of see the logic in the addition, if you sell a player for say £5m the club would have to pay some out of that in taxes/fees etc, my concern would be if they've done enough with regards finances, in Fifa12 I just got my team into the Champions League and I get no additional money for that, I get some at the end of the previous season for my league position (first place) but I get no additional prize money for winning the Premier league, next season I got maybe another £15m and nothing for the Champions league qualification, in real life it's supposed to be worth 30-40m to clubs isn't it?

Only if you make the final...or something like that. You dont get money for qualifying, but earn money per match and extra for getting further. Atleast I think thats how it works. Having started as a EPL club, Ive always found the prize money to be good, but I guess they havent added the promotion bonus which is where the money is for teams coming up.

What would be interesting, is if you could take out loans based on future succes in the CL. So your club would get credit worth 20mil which you then use to buy better playing for the coming CL campaign. But under the stipulation that it would have to be paid back within 2 seasons. Now if you get to the QF it will be fine, but if you fail to get far, and screw up your league and fail to qualify you will be looking at having to sell players in the next summer to finance your loan.

Last edited:
All of this sounds good.

Very confident about this years fifa.

Also hope player individuality keeps on improving.As from 10-12 it has improved greatly.

Well I can kind of see the logic in the addition, if you sell a player for say £5m the club would have to pay some out of that in taxes/fees etc, my concern would be if they've done enough with regards finances, in Fifa12 I just got my team into the Champions League and I get no additional money for that, I get some at the end of the previous season for my league position (first place) but I get no additional prize money for winning the Premier league, next season I got maybe another £15m and nothing for the Champions league qualification, in real life it's supposed to be worth 30-40m to clubs isn't it?

Oh, I totally see the logic in it - it's absolutely realistic that a club might not release all transfer funds gained toward new recruits and instead use some toward other purposes.

My point is that as a video game feature, I'm surprised they bothered to add this. Maybe there are people who'd appreciate this added realism but personally I'm always trying to maximize my transfer funds. But maybe that's just because I almost always play with smaller clubs.

It's all about priorities in how the devs choose to devote their resources, and I'm just surprised that they'd prioritize this over other things. But this certainly isn't the first time that their decisions have been at odds with what I'd do, so whatever.

Last edited:
I think we could all come up with a list of 50 things which were more important to add/fix before that, unfortunately we don't work on the dev team so don't get a say, I agree it's odd.

Wow that is AMAZING!!! :PP

It is nice, but why did they make us wait for that news and build it up (They built it up imo) I know they probably had to wait for legal reasons, but the guy who said he had to leave that bit of info out, implied that it would be worth the wait!....it wasn't.

Anyway, it should have been there from day dot, but it is a nice to be able to be Arsenal and be in the Champs league in the first year :DD

I'm looking forward to it, I want the new squads aswell, I keep having to take Van Persie out of my team at the moment, playing online head to head with Arshavin up front....he is not doing too badly :))

Like we kept saying, nobody said it was going to be "AMAZING" ;) To many people it will be worth the wait.

Personally I'd have been much happier with something like 12 subs in friendlies and choosable opponents, I'm never in the EPL in the first season so the first year of European competition is irrelevant.

Like we kept saying, nobody said it was going to be "AMAZING" ;) To many people it will be worth the wait.

Personally I'd have been much happier with something like 12 subs in friendlies and choosable opponents, I'm never in the EPL in the first season so the first year of European competition is irrelevant.

FSB never said it would be amazing but they did say it would be "big." I would think that would imply something at least relevant to everyone and not just those who play as top teams. For everyone out there who enjoys starting out with a smaller club, like you and I, this is meaningless. Yay.

But, just as we said that our priorities are often at odds with the devs, clearly there are others out there who get excited over things that mean little to me. So for those who felt that no Euro competition in the first season was really holding back their experience, congrats.

Back
Top Bottom