FIFA 13

In your opinion.

I clock in thousands of hours a year in CM doing very few tricks and scoring normal goals, guess I'm a casual eh?

Agree, if someone play on children level or change sliders that PC is like Virgin Islands team he can do things like this. Try playing fifa on highest level against PC - you will never score crazy goal.
People who say its for doing tricks are stupid - thats true.
I play on very hard level against PC and scored goals better than normal (nice) few times in 8 months. 99% are normal.
But... lets dont talk about stupid people - also its not tread about ,,lets say fifa is a s**t''. For me every other games including pes13 are s**t.
Placebo - do you know when we can expect fifa13demo?

Last edited:
Around 10th September is my bet. ;)

Doh, I did play FIFA in most realistic way 9 years ago. When FIFA offered 45min halves ^^ (anyone remembers this or only little kiddies here? :D) on World Class difficulty.

That were the days. Nowadays even beating Legendary on full manual after practice is not that big of a challenge (not saying I can do it myself yet :P, but Pro/World Class win some, lose some kind of thing :D).

Placebo - do you know when we can expect fifa13demo?

Well last year was the second Tuesday in September, this year that would be September 11th so I would doubt EA will release a Fifa demo on that date, I'd guess at September 4th as September 18th would be too late before release.

Do they have to release it on a Tuesday?

I thought they have to because that's the PS3 update day? Unlike of course on 360 where we can get demos any day of the week except when companies pander to Sony so won't release a multi platform demo on different days...

Kids here?
I played sensible soccer 96, all fifas, from year ... I dont know 97? Playing some fifas like fifa2000 for months, going with my pc to friends connecting comps by some crazy old cables and playing whole nights 1 on 1. I know a bit about those things. Of course you can win on fifa12 playing legendary but you cant score crazy goals on that level. No way! I love realistic football games and fifa12 for me is that game - one moment that you are not thinking and you lose a goal. Also wining is very hard thing.
What else can we say? I expect from fifa13 the same things, only small mistakes have to be corrected. This game cant get much better, because it is already great game.

Kids here?
I played sensible soccer 96, all fifas, from year ... I dont know 97? Playing some fifas like fifa2000 for months, going with my pc to friends connecting comps by some crazy old cables and playing whole nights 1 on 1. I know a bit about those things. Of course you can win on fifa12 playing legendary but you cant score crazy goals on that level. No way! I love realistic football games and fifa12 for me is that game - one moment that you are not thinking and you lose a goal. Also wining is very hard thing.
What else can we say? I expect from fifa13 the same things, only small mistakes have to be corrected. This game cant get much better, because it is already great game.

I agree, id love to know what some people are playing when they say fifa 12 is all tricks and unreal goals..it isnt..it may be possible on the lowest level of difficulty on full assisted I dont know but it certainly isn't on manual professional level upwards

Kids here? I played sensible soccer 96, all fifas, from year ... I dont know 97?
I can only presume info0 was joking a little bit. This is evo-web, after all, so most here are former PES players from when PES was the better game. And then some like Placebo and myself and others have been playing football games since the eighties.

I can only presume info0 was joking a little bit. This is evo-web, after all, so most here are former PES players from when PES was the better game. And then some like Placebo and myself and others have been playing football games since the eighties.

I'm not quite as old as some of you but i do remember match day on the speccy and microprose soccer...and then the wonderful night at the computer club where you used to trade disks for the amiga and kick off 2 arriving

Thanks Nerf, it's not like turning 40 next month is making me feel old or anything already ;)

I envy you.
I'm 50 and i don't feel old at all, but i get other signals from my body now and then.
I notice that i'm not that good anymore in football games.
It started with nextgen, i only played PES then and i thought it was the cheating AI. But i have the same problem with FIFA until a certain level it's too easy and above that the game is too difficult, no matter how much i tinker with the sliders (and they are a very good thing).

Have you tried my sliders on professional or world class? I play them on legendary and it's a good challenge but the same sliders on world class could be good if you find default professional too easy (for example).

I will try them when back from holiday placebo...

No offense, but his sliders won't make much change to the game. Sure if you're on PS3/Xbox 360 then yes, they are v. good.

But on PC, I would recommend getting either Regularcat AI or Fidel's Gameplay EVO 6.0 :). (which I prefer :D).

The game turns into BEAST after that, though you need to learn how to defend without giving cheap fouls away (like holding shirt, because it results in yellow cards :P).

Had a game when I had 3 players sent off on my team and AI got 2 sent off after 4 yellows :D. Overall game had 12 yellows and 5 red cards.

It's fun though after you learn to play with it ;). I started to play Career again on FIFA 12 thanks to it :o.

The best thing about skill games is that casual gamers will learn to play on manual without even knowing it. :)

Some interesting tweets

Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

Commentary in CM menus! They talk about next week games and talk short about the game you just played/simmed. #FIFA13

Fourth official holds up board during sub cutscenes. #FIFA13

New goalkeeper animations spotted. Looks good. #FIFA13
Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

13m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

Hoho, what a goal by new signing Mario Gomez. Blast of a shot. So shooting feels much better, is what I'm trying to say. #FIFA13

Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

16m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

Don't know why but Kevin De Bruyne is just lovely to play with in #FIFA13. If you start CM with Chelsea, bring him back from Werder!

Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

21m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

Argh, 5 minutes in. 1-0 to Stoke in first BPL game with Chelsea. #FIFA13

Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

22m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

#FIFA13 skill games really remind my of #TopSpin / #VirtuaTennis minigames.

Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
30m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

I asked for 50 million EUR extra. Got rejected by board. #FIFA13
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

31m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH
It comes with a price though. I requested extra money but had to commit to achieving an League Cup AND FA Cup win. #FIFA13

Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
33m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

You can hand in a request to the board to receive more transfer budget. #FIFA13

41m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH
@Andrea_J30 No licensing questions please.

1h Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH
New cutscene before first compeition game. Photographers take team photo. Again a nice little touch. Also captains shaking hands. #FIFA13

Before each game (both in Career Mode as in Exhibition) you can assign a controller to one player. On PS3, up to 7 controllers. #FIFA13

@alekko63 Just got an offer from a Belgian club to loan Piazon. #FIFA13

@NickChim94 Nope. No loan + player deals.

@MatsvStam Jup!

Just signed Gomez with the Mata money. Sorry Fernando. #FIFA13

Changes in gameplay are much more subtle than last year. But that's fine. It's a much better game than #FIFA12.

Also noticing much more noise from the crowd. Especially when alone on goal or before/after a shot. Much more atmosphere. #FIFA13

Still limited to 3 subs in friendlies. #FIFA13

On World-Cass, opponent CPU seems to be more deadly. First friendly lost 1-3. #FIFA13

Yes, the managers seem to celebrate/react dissapointed after a goal. #FIFA13

New sub cutscenes. #FIFA13

You can also see your teammates warm up during a game. Nice touches. And yes, the managers move. #FIFA13

I can confirm that your created manager will be visible during matches. #FIFA13

@NickChim94 Will be replaced by teams chosen by CPU or you can select the team. Every team actually.

Nice, those #FIFA13 skill games are used to fill up loading before match.

My 40M EUR offer for Gomez has finally been accepted. Now to contract negotations. #FIFA13

Menus are much more responsive. Visual style is mainly the same, but it's much smarter presented. Less going back/forth in menus. #FIFA13

Wanted list for transfers is a nice addition. #FIFA13

Things like transfers in CM can still be fine-tuned till last second. Not that there's anything wrong. Just saying it isn't final. #FIFA13

2h Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH
Ow yeah, for all those wondering where RVP is going. #FIFA13 decided he's going to Bayern for 34 million EUR.

Started CM with Chelsea. Got a bid of 37 million EUR for Mata from Man City. Counter-offered 57. They got back with 49. I accepted. #FIFA13

Some other neat additions too, but I won't spoil everything. See for yourself September 28th. #FIFA13

Haha, new option when creating your manager. Outfit-style: training, suit or 'shirt and tie'. Can also choose color. #FIFA13

New option before starting CM: set financial strictness. This is a percentage that decides how much from a outgoing transfer you get.#FIFA13

Also, you can let the CPU pick the teams (randomize) or just pick the teams yourself, so you can replicate the groups from real life!#FIFA13
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
No play-off games for season 1, straight to groupstage. Both Champions' Cup and Euro League. Good enough. #FIFA13

Here's a BIG one: you can now play in European competitions from the first season in Career mode. #FIFA13

Have been asked this. Saudi Pro League and Polski League are in. #FIFA13

All other settings seem pretty much the same. #FIFA13

There are a few more sliders in audio settings. Not 100% sure, but you can now set volume imported chants and 'voices players'. #FIFA13

Can't talk about online, but there's something new a lot of fans will appreciate. Not long til everybody can hear about it. #FIFA13

I'm with #FIFA13 now. Just to be clear: I play all manual. Maybe if lofted through balls haven't changed, I might change that back to CPU.

Let's to this! #FIFA13 http://instagr.am/p/OJEbEqiw8c/

3h Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH
On my way to #EA for #FIFA13 playtest! http://instagr.am/p/OI_soqiw68/

Back
Top Bottom