FIFA 13

Screen from the Wii U version, looks like Fifa will get an original ESPN scoreboard.

article-1343902605142-145744AB000005DC-371815_636x708.jpg

After lookin at the latest pics...I believe FIFA13 will not offer anything new in terms of graphics aside from updated faces, kits and boots.

In a nutshell, its not gonna be a huge step like PES2012 took to get to PES2013...Yes I am comparing because thats what same type of games from different companies are made for.

Its just gonna be an updated version of FIFA12. Whos with me on this?

I think the Fifa engine on 360 is pretty much maxed out visually so any improvements would only be tweaks, PES 12 to 13 hasn't looked like a "huge" step to me but it's not relevant to this thread.

After lookin at the latest pics...I believe FIFA13 will not offer anything new in terms of graphics aside from updated faces, kits and boots.

In a nutshell, its not gonna be a huge step like PES2012 took to get to PES2013...Yes I am comparing because thats what same type of games from different companies are made for.

Its just gonna be an updated version of FIFA12. Whos with me on this?

Agreed. I'm happy with the way FIFA 12 looks so any visual improvements to the series in FIFA 13, no matter how small, will be nice as long as the gameplay has taken steps forwards.

I think the Fifa engine on 360 is pretty much maxed out visually so any improvements would only be tweaks, PES 12 to 13 hasn't looked like a "huge" step to me but it's not relevant to this thread.

you being a pc game kind of guy surprises me you dont play fifa on PC...

I do very little gaming on the PC these days to be honest, to play on the PC I'm sat in a stuffy office in front of a 22" monitor, to play on the 360 I'm laid in bed in front of a 120" screen, much more comfortable! I am considering the PC version of Fifa using a 15m HDMI cable + PC wireless 360 controller adaptor if enough decent mods come out.

Next year will be huge step about engine in Pes.

And so will FIFA... Like I said, new consoles are set to be on sale next year on Christmas (this is yet to be confirmed, but so far this guy has been 90% right in that predictions :P).

So yeah...

Looks like the battle will start anew next year (with both games on new game engines).

From the pics of FIFA 13 though, can't see the moving stewards and cameramen? Also the kits look HELL ugly. This sh*t has been in EA for far too long. Crazy, cos they have got money to get decent art designer and to make the kits look organic or be treated as separate entity (that would be class to be fair ;)).

Still waiting for demo... ;)

EDIT:

I want my controller settings back! BRING IT BACK EA! I want to configure my GAMEPAD in WINDOWS not in game and have wrong mappings :/.

It was in FIFA 11... Why remove it?! O_O.

Last edited:
I do very little gaming on the PC these days to be honest, to play on the PC I'm sat in a stuffy office in front of a 22" monitor, to play on the 360 I'm laid in bed in front of a 120" screen, much more comfortable! I am considering the PC version of Fifa using a 15m HDMI cable + PC wireless 360 controller adaptor if enough decent mods come out.
no excuse. you can game on your 120" screen on a pc.

i do like many others and a game like fifa is perfect playing on your sofa.

looking forward to the demo too, im kind of enjoying PES13 at the moment but the AI perfect through balls are starting to really annoy

The big news won't be the selection of turning off the 1st transfer window. :(

@amb3ll Can you answer? In FIFA13, will we be able to turn off the 1st transfer window when starting a new career mode?

Adam Bell: "No, I've heard this request a few times now. Interesting thought. Not in 13 though "

Didn't think it was and to be honest I'm glad it's not, seems a silly option, CM is fantasy to a degree, some players will move, the important thing is that now they have (allegedly) integrated actual design functions whereby teams will basically only sell payers they either 1. don't want any more or b. get a really good offer for.

Didn't think it was and to be honest I'm glad it's not, seems a silly option, CM is fantasy to a degree, some players will move, the important thing is that now they have (allegedly) integrated actual design functions whereby teams will basically only sell payers they either 1. don't want any more or b. get a really good offer for.

What's your guess then for the final news they still need to publish? We know it has to do with something that happens when you start the 1st season.
Teams going into Europe?

Teams being in Europe for the first season will be good news, but it is hardly amazing news?

If it is that, then it will be a disapointment.

Although I really can't think of anything they would announce that would warrant them keeping the information back for a Grande reveal later on?

What's your guess then for the final news they still need to publish? We know it has to do with something that happens when you start the 1st season.
Teams going into Europe?

Yep my guess is that you can edit the Europe qualifiers for the first season.

but it is hardly amazing news?

But nobody ever said it was going to be "amazing" news?

Although I really can't think of anything they would announce that would warrant them keeping the information back for a Grande reveal later on?

Lots of ifs, but if it is 1st season Europe qualifiers then it could be that it was held back because EA were still working out the whole legal issue of it as I believe that you never have editable Europe qualifiers in the first season because of the whole "non licensed European competitions" thingy and maybe EA are still finalising whether or not it would get them into hot water.

Of course chances are it's something completely different ;)

I'm somewhat indifferent about being able to turn off the first transfer window, but I don't think it's a silly request at all - makes perfect sense to me why people would want to play against the current squads of other teams.

Plus, talking about silly, it's a bit silly to have two transfer windows in the summer, which is what CM currently replicates at the start of each CM career - the real world transfers that occur (i.e. the difference between FIFA 12 and FIFA 13 squads), and then the transfers that the game does.

But as long as the system is better designed, like you mention, then I'll be okay. Still, not a bad option for the future.

But nobody ever said it was going to be "amazing" news?

Nobody said, but the way they said they were holding it back etc and the wording made it sound like it would be something worth waiting for.....which implys it is bigger news than the other stuff they have already released. Anyway I don't really care too much

Hopefully it is something good and worthwhile.

Nobody said, but the way they said they were holding it back etc and the wording made it sound like it would be something worth waiting for.....which implys it is bigger news than the other stuff they have already released. Anyway I don't really care too much

Hopefully it is something good and worthwhile.

Apparently people who play FIFA now and then won't think the news will be important, but CM fanatics will be blown away with the news.

So Mr. Rutter, I'd like to blown away... :D

I'm somewhat indifferent about being able to turn off the first transfer window, but I don't think it's a silly request at all - makes perfect sense to me why people would want to play against the current squads of other teams.

Plus, talking about silly, it's a bit silly to have two transfer windows in the summer, which is what CM currently replicates at the start of each CM career - the real world transfers that occur (i.e. the difference between FIFA 12 and FIFA 13 squads), and then the transfers that the game does.

But as long as the system is better designed, like you mention, then I'll be okay. Still, not a bad option for the future.

I like it turned off. Having more options should not be bad.

but CM fanatics will be blown away with the news.

That was said somewhere? Can't think of any single thing that would blow me away TBH...

Nobody said, but the way they said they were holding it back etc and the wording made it sound like it would be something worth waiting for

Naah I didn't get that impression, but maybe I'm CM half empty and you're CM half full ;)

Hoping that such ridiculous things get reduced massively someday...

YouTube - Best FIFA 12 Scorpion Kick Ever SCORED!?

Sorry, but FIFA thanks to such bs is not even close to simulation. Show me such goal scored in real life, even once...

Arcade game for casuals who enjoy scoring bs goals or doing million tricks/skills. Yawn :). Until FIFA gets realistic in those aspects, I can't see it not being labeled Arcade. Sorry. However, I do know there are people who do try to play FIFA in normal way. All the glory to them ;).

Back
Top Bottom