FIFA 13

I say it every year..... Fuck that looks fast...

Every year its usually just the video cameras they are recording on.. I hope so again....

Now they have sorted a few other things out it must be Foot planting's turn next year?...

Might also get the other one out of the way..... "I hope they were playing on Amateur with that defending" :-)

Last edited:
ROFL @KSI FIFA footage.

The game looks like bloody FIFA 12. They even got that terrible pop-ups in place :(.

And he does sound like he is on EA pay roll :lol:

Arsenal guy passing acc: 93% O_O

Wowzor :D.

Liked animated stewards/camera man behind goalies.

The game defo looks fast on those vids...

Can't see that hyped beyond belief First Touch. Really, I can't! Every time the player receives the ball, it's perfect trap.

Music was God awful xD.

Last edited:
in secound movie they are playing like typical online players : forward ,forward, forward + assisted passing :(

Still to do:

Passing Error still not there...
Pinging all the way to the forwards still there.
Footplanting, momentum, nope.
Formation-shape, all over the show. but boost covering defenders still there.
Def Covering the new AI runs? nope

I know most of this is down to the people playing but the game should not reward that stuff.

Hope the clubs stuff prooves to be true becasue head to head could be a mess.

In the last video i dont know whether he does it on purpose but as hes saying its "realistic" He does the flick up and 3 skill moves.. facepalm ..

Last edited:
nothing will change Jaz.

the way the game can be played/exploited will still remain.

we just may be equiped with better tools to compete against such things. that is all we can honestly look for this year.

You're right Phil, just a little bit of me was hoping for first touch to be linked to a harsher passing error sytem meaning if they pinged it, it wouldnt slow them down.

No chance of that after seeing the vids.

But hey fuck it, they got black nets at City's ground so well happy... ;-)

There is no momentum this year true?

In terms of teams getting boosted towards end of games? or momentum of the players and foot-planting interia etc?

If you mean the boosting etc I dont think they ever admitted to it being in Fifa 12 (or any for that matter).

Feels like it was in this year thats for sure.

Also the most exciting finish to a season is still Arsenal in 1989 with us beating Liverpool at their ground with the Michael Thomas goal in the last minute :DD So I don't know why they call this the most exciting end to a season in living memory?

Only Arsenal & Man Utd fans believe that.
Last season was more thrilling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somewhat agree with him from a "game" perspective. However such a feature would be great in CM, and automatically add depth to teams and context to the career and stories around it. I do find it a bit odd, as I seem to remeber the manager comments before a match sometimes having an effect on the performance of whoever you commented on.

Also it a bit disrespectful to Booth, who had it in 07, which effected player stamina based on moral. So if you were being battered you would be quicker to tire and lose control, etc. I always thought that was a good addition and it's something that would add to the tactical side of the game. If you knew the opposition were mentally weak and a lack of possesoin would get them down you could set up your team for it. Ofcourse they would need a far more advanced tactical Al model for it.

You are all judging FIFA 13 from a shoddy, bad quality 5 minute video?!

:LOL:

I have a question:

gamescom claim that 2v2 ranked IS BACK - meaning just 'locally' right?!

does anyone know if I will be able to take it online with a friend and play against 2 other people in ranked mode?

Naah it definitely was, soz ;)

It is only because it is more recent. If you look at the circumstances and watch the game again, then you will know.

If Man City were Playing Man United at Old Trafford and they had to win by two clear goals to win the league, then it would have a chance, they were playing QPR (who nearly got relegated and went down to 10 men)in their own ground.

Even Michael Thomas winning goal in the 90th minute was better :PP

Anyway, back to Fifa :DD

How amazing would it be if you could play old games like that in Fifa, that would be a great feature.

Still to do:

Passing Error still not there...
Pinging all the way to the forwards still there.
Footplanting, momentum, nope.
Formation-shape, all over the show. but boost covering defenders still there.
Def Covering the new AI runs? nope

Yeah...it looks like absolutely awful, arcade footy. Has FIFA looked this bad since the pre07 days?

In the last video i dont know whether he does it on purpose but as hes saying its "realistic" He does the flick up and 3 skill moves.. facepalm ..

:D i noticed his rather unfortunate timing, too

Liked:

+ The new offensive movement, ie. sensing and exploiting free space. Better than in PES 2012 and PES 2013-demo!

Didn't like, pretty much everything else:

- Defensive AI is a joke, very little connection between the CB's and full backs and no connection to the midfield-players.

- Where's the new first-touch-ballcontrol? Nowhere to be seen, all players receive the ball perfectly.

- Ping pong passing en masse.

- Stamina/fatigue-system seems to have little effect, all I saw was constant forward-running-play.

- Still no inertia/momentum-model, still no proper footplanting.

Premature verdict (without having it played): What is EA thinking? This is meant to be football? I'm massively disappointed, even more disappointed than after seeing the PES 2013-gamescom-videos (also awful for similar and some different reasons).

Will Anfield have the new Red nets? If not the net boys will go fucking menstrual!

What they really needed to do with Anfield is sort the space between the sidelines/backlines and the stands, its fucking ridiculous theres at least 5, 6 meters more than irl in the game, takes away alot from the atmosphere there.

same old build up on here every year - people judging a game from a 5 minute video clip(s) on assisted controls..put the game on manual or at least semi and adjust the sliders to suit

Back
Top Bottom