FIFA 13

All those are good features that would be great to see but are any of them incredible? Maybe it's just me but when I hear about an incredible feature I'm expecting something revolutionary.

Well, first of all consider the source: Adam is renowned for overhyping things, so I wouldn't get too caught up over the word "incredible."

On the other hand, he does tend to favor PES and be more critical of FIFA, at least in terms of gameplay, so his overly positive impression is intriguing.

About what it could be, I certainly HAVE become quite cynical of EA, FIFA, and CM, so I'm a pretty even mixture of excited, intrigued, and wary.

Because it's something I couldn't care less about, and because it would be a potentially huge addition, the cynic in me expects online integration - not in terms of social media but for the purposes of adding an online multiplayer element to CM careers.

If it's anything that actually adds to the depth of the mode in terms of single-player management features, like player training, chemistry, tactics, etc., then I'll be ecstatic.

But I've learned the hard way to not get my hopes up, especially when it comes to the game's single player mode, which isn't always a bad thing.

Well, first of all consider the source: Adam is renowned for overhyping things, so I wouldn't get too caught up over the word "incredible."

On the other hand, he does tend to favor PES and be more critical of FIFA, at least in terms of gameplay, so his overly positive impression is intriguing.

About what it could be, I certainly HAVE become quite cynical of EA, FIFA, and CM, so I'm a pretty even mixture of excited, intrigued, and wary.

Because it's something I couldn't care less about, and because it would be a potentially huge addition, the cynic in me expects online integration - not in terms of social media but for the purposes of adding an online multiplayer element to CM careers.

If it's anything that actually adds to the depth of the mode in terms of single-player management features, like player training, chemistry, tactics, etc., then I'll be ecstatic.

But I've learned the hard way to not get my hopes up, especially when it comes to the game's single player mode, which isn't always a bad thing.

Agreed with everything you said. CM is very playable now so even if they just fix the bugs and add some more realism (simultaneous final days, better fatigue) I'll be content.

I am a bit worried that you're right about the online integration. Personally I would see that as a bad thing because I won't use it at all and it would just take away from other potential improvements.

Take what you will from this:

Quote:
"@Adam_Bhatti: Still stunned about the #FIFA13 news coming on Monday. Incredible. If you care about Career Mode, you cannot miss it on @FIFASoccerBlog"

I'm inclined to dismiss this exhuberance, based on the source, but T-Mills-85 is a credible and articulate fella over at wenb and he seems pretty excited about the news coming tomorrow:))

Quote:
"@Adam_Bhatti: Still stunned about the #FIFA13 news coming on Monday. Incredible. If you care about Career Mode, you cannot miss it on @FIFASoccerBlog"

I'm inclined to dismiss this exhuberance, based on the source, but T-Mills-85 is a credible and articulate fella over at wenb and he seems pretty excited about the news coming tomorrow:))

Yeah, agreed. I just hope the improvements are centered around deepening the single player experience with more/deeper/improved management features. Customization options would be awesome too.

I think what Adam may find stunning/incredible and what real CM fans will find stunning/incredible are two very different things, I'm expecting Twitter integration into CM now or something equally obnoxious that is appealing to small minds.

Seriously? There's loads of information on gameplay changes out there to be read, from previous pages here, to news sites, or just go to the FSB blog.

All right, thanks. I will check it out. I was there the other day, and didn't see much, perhaps there were older items buried in the blog.

I am not a big fan of the current gameplay, do you find the changes sound positive?

but the improvements it needs aren't the sort of thing that could be unveiled and be "incredible." Unless it's something crazy like being able to join it with Fifa Manager like Placebo mentioned. That WOULD be incredible!

Missed this earlier, yeah I can't imagine anything they will announce tomorrow that real CM fans will consider "incredible" except integration with Fifa Manager (or CM expansion to Fifa Manager type levels).

All right, thanks. I will check it out. I was there the other day, and didn't see much, perhaps there were older items buried in the blog.

I am not a big fan of the current gameplay, do you find the changes sound positive?

Yes, the changes sound like they'll improve the game quite a bit. But it's what's not being changed, namely player momentum, that's disappointing, for me at least.

Missed this earlier, yeah I can't imagine anything they will announce tomorrow that real CM fans will consider "incredible" except integration with Fifa Manager (or CM expansion to Fifa Manager type levels).

Well, we probably ought to just forget that he said "incredible" in the first place. It's just too grand a term really to be using in this context (though I would LOVE to be proved wrong!).

Personally, I rate CM as a fairly shallow, bland, repetitive, dull, and uninspiring affair, so there's quite a massive room for improvement IMO - maybe not room for the incredible but enough room to be really impressed.

Yes, the changes sound like they'll improve the game quite a bit. But it's what's not being changed, namely player momentum, that's disappointing, for me at least.

I found some of the gameplay impressions, so reading those now.

Regarding the momentum, that is very disappointing to hear. One of my big issues with the gameplay. Not sure why all EA sports games have this crap in them. In Madden you can zig zag run around, and in FIFA, there isn't proper momentum at all, allowing most players to have the abilities of the best in the sport.

Madden's career mode seems pretty cool, although they striped away alot of the user ability to manage the poor cpu ai team management. That being said, they added nice story lines and immersion features, I wonder if FIFA has gone that route? The NHL career mode is also supposed to be announced tomorrow, and some reported it was the biggest career mode in sports video games. I assume that is over-hyped, but perhaps the mode will be more feature rich.

I don't know how non PC players played the mode last year, considering the mind boggling transfer parameters put into place. Allowing all offers to be accepted, and seeing a crazy transfer market would have put me off right away. Hopefully that part is fixed for the console players.

So is Fifa 13 looking like a big upgrade over Fifa 12? Not a big fan of yearly sport game releases.

I think what Adam may find stunning/incredible and what real CM fans will find stunning/incredible are two very different things, I'm expecting Twitter integration into CM now or something equally obnoxious that is appealing to small minds.

Oh god no! Hoping it will be something that focuses on and improves the single player experience without involving social media.

I found some of the gameplay impressions, so reading those now.

Regarding the momentum, that is very disappointing to hear. One of my big issues with the gameplay. Not sure why all EA sports games have this crap in them. In Madden you can zig zag run around, and in FIFA, there isn't proper momentum at all, allowing most players to have the abilities of the best in the sport.

Madden's career mode seems pretty cool, although they striped away alot of the user ability to manage the poor cpu ai team management. That being said, they added nice story lines and immersion features, I wonder if FIFA has gone that route? The NHL career mode is also supposed to be announced tomorrow, and some reported it was the biggest career mode in sports video games. I assume that is over-hyped, but perhaps the mode will be more feature rich.

I don't know how non PC players played the mode last year, considering the mind boggling transfer parameters put into place. Allowing all offers to be accepted, and seeing a crazy transfer market would have put me off right away. Hopefully that part is fixed for the console players.

Yeah, I'm the same regarding momentum, or the lack thereof. It comes close to ruining the game for me.

I believe momentum is a big focus for this year's NHL, so hopefully it'll make it's way to FIFA soon. There's quite a few things I've heard that are superior in NHL compared to FIFA, like VPs.

Don't know why so often it seems NHL is the title that's on the cutting edge when FIFA is the biggest franchise. Quite frustrating.

Without reacting to the cynical nature of the comments, I can say from conversations I've had with Adam it's nothing to do with social media.

Evo-webbers in general are a hard to please bunch, but I'm sure you'll side with Adam. of all of mfxmaxpower's various interpretations, it's more to do with him being a PES man, and the content genuinely impressing him. They've taken key ML features, and expanded them tenfold, while adding a lot more things.

Maybe incredible isn't a word you cynics want to use, but you will be pleased.

For me incredible would be CM/Fifa Manager type integration stuff and/or presentation wise and being immersed in it, they could build on their link with Sky sports and have Full time/Half time punditry and analysis etc

So showing key player runs/moves etc goals/goalscoring chances, bad defending etc

That would be pretty incredible and would add alot to the experience :DD

For me incredible would be CM/Fifa Manager type integration stuff and/or presentation wise and being immersed in it, they could build on their link with Sky sports and have Full time/Half time punditry and analysis etc

So showing key player runs/moves etc goals/goalscoring chances, bad defending etc

That would be pretty incredible and would add alot to the experience :DD

That's actually a really good idea ;)

Although, until they fix the momentum thing, the gameplay can't shine as much as it should.

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-career-mode-the-new-features/

International Management

• As your reputation as a manager grows in Career Mode you will now be offered the chance to manage International teams in addition to the club side you are already playing with.
  • Your performance and manager reputation in Career Mode dictates the quality of the international offers you will receive.
  • Your nationality and the league you manage in will also effect the type of International offers you receive.
  • Rumours about interested nations will circulate in the press for some months before you actually receive a firm offer.
  • Squad selection will be a key part of your International management duties and deadlines for selections (one week prior to friendlies, one month prior to tournaments) have to be met.
  • International competitions will run in parallel with the club game meaning you could land a job in the middle of a qualifying campaign.
  • International management has it’s own Career Mode “Hub” keeping your club and country separate.
In Match Live Score Updates

• Whilst playing your Career Mode matches you’ll now receive audio updates from other games being played in your league voiced by Alan Mcinally and Geoff Shreeves.
  • The live updates cover goal, red card and penalty incidents.
  • Example – Shreeves: “Goal at Anfield, Fulham’s Clint Dempsey scores a brilliant freekick to make it 2-1, 73 minutes played” Tyler “Thanks Geoff”
  • You can select/de-select the matches you want to hear audio updates from prior to playing starting your match.

Player Stories

• Interaction with players is now more regular with instant feedback received based on managerial decisions.
  • Player Stories can now run for months in to Career Mode re-emerging if you go through a bad run of results or when you sell/buy a key player.
  • Specific Player Stories also occur when managing an International team, meaning you’ll need to keep both club and country happy.
  • Fan stories will now make top news in the press based on team performance.

Be A Player

• Once you’ve chosen your player (VP or real) you receive a set of Season Objectives to complete from the manager. The type of player you choose (forward, midfielder, defender, etc) will shape these objectives.
  • As well as Season Objectives you’ll also be asked to achieve objectives every four matches. This could include, goals, clean sheets, pass/tackle completion percentages, etc. The quality of opposition over these four games will decide the values you are asked to achieve.
  • If you are unhappy you now have the option to request a transfer, or request a loan to gain more match experience.
  • If you choose to play for a top club with a low rated VP you will not be a first team starter to begin with, you’ll be loaned to gain experience first.
  • If fatigued or playing poorly the manager can now substitute your player.
  • Once your playing days are over can can opt to retire and take up management.

Classified Results

• After each Career Mode match you now receive a rundown of the classified results through in-game audio (think BBC Final Score)
  • League table updates are also fed back to you as well as any upcoming fixtures. These audio sequences happen less regularly than the classified results.
  • When this audio is running you can still browse all Career Mode menus and continue to the next game week.

Managers Office

• You can now view any available managerial positions via the Jobs Board, this allows you to change clubs mid season should you wish to.
  • Your manager now appears on the touchline in matches based on customisation options chosen at the start of Career Mode.

Transfer Negotiations

• The transfer system has been completely re-written for Career Mode in FIFA 13.
  • You can now offer player plus cash and player trade deals to the CPU.
  • When offering to loan players you can now set a future purchase price to sign the player permanently at the end of the loan period.
  • When the CPU makes an offer for one of your players you can now choose to “Counter Offer” to ask for more money. The CPU will then choose to accept, reject or make a counter offer of their own.
  • Contract negotiations now contain advice from your Chief Executive which act as a guide to what they think the club and player may want.
  • When offering contracts you can now choose a role for the player you’re trying to sign eg Crucial Player, Important Player, Future Star. This expectation will effect whether a player chooses to join your club.
  • Prior to making a firm offer you can now make an Enquiry to find out whether a player is available and how much the club want for them.
  • You can now make offers for players directly from media stories by pressing the left stick.
  • A new Financial Strictness setting will limit the percentage of players sales that go back in to your transfer budget (chosen at the start of CM).

Breaking News

• A new “Sky Sports” style overlay will now deliver breaking and top news to the Career Mode hub.

Edit Players

• You now have the ability to edit player appearance during your Career Mode seasons. This option can be unlocked via the new EASFC Catalogue.

User Interface

• You can now read news articles from the media pane whilst the game is advancing.
  • The first time you enter Career Mode menus a tutorial overlay appears to guide you through each panes function.

Ok so it's not quite stunning, but I would have to give it a "stunni", it's very close!

Disappointing:

Right at the death last night we were asked to withhold one more big piece of Career Mode news which we’ll try to bring you as soon as we can (sorry) but it does mean you have more to look forward to.

Last edited:
Nothing I would call amazing, if I'm honest. The international management thing doesn't interest me, personally. I prefer to play as the full team, so am unlikely to make use of the BAP changes. I already knew that managers will be seen on the touchline.

I would have eagerly swapped all of the above for some kind of Training feature, without hesitation.

So the only bit that sounds great is the Transfer Negotiations bit, but that's the kind of stuff I would have expected in a yearly update.

The In Match Live Score updates might be a nice touch.

Sounds good to me.

The thing that i would really like (but it might not be possible technically, i haven't got a clue about these things) is some sort of ingame tutorial.
You are playing your carreer mode and from time to time you have pundits who analyze your last match and give you hints to play better, just like pundits do irl...

As i'm far from an ace player, i would like to have feedback from the AI and this would be a very immersive way of doing it. To be fair, this may seem awesome now, but there is a big chance that it can become very irritating if it isn't done with some subtlety...so best give an option to turn it off.

One thing that has me very worried:

You now have the ability to edit player appearance during your Career Mode seasons. This option can be unlocked via the new EASFC Catalogue.

Does this mean we have to unlock it for each player? Or we unlock the option once and then we can edit every player in CM?

I really hate the fact this is an unlock, editing players should be a basic feature of the game, not some dumbass privilege to be earned!

I'd love a training challenge sort of thing, like in PES, integrated into Career Mode. Doing team training exercises for a small stat boost would be fantastic!

finally finally you can include player trades into transfers. :))

new pics?

looks cool, skill games. very pes, but something that was lacking

/edit

looks like a video embed, strange. click the title...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom