FIFA 13

it is, yep.

So for instance, suppose there is an Arsenal club specific edition, ok i get Arsenal`s 3rd kit buying that version... this means that theres no way i can have Arsenal and Lyon`s 3rd kit in the same game? (i would have to buy both versions and swicth CD`s according to the team id like to use the 3rd kit, meaning to play a game with both teams using the 3rd kit would be impossible!!)

If thats the case, its so dumb its evan hard to comment.

Decided to pre-order the English version of Fifa 13 from Spelbutiken (£44 inc delivery), will almost certainly be the English/Arabic version same as last year so if it's not Imperial with dual English comms (assuming they'll have that this year?) then I'll sell it on and replace with a proper UK version :)

So for instance, suppose there is an Arsenal club specific edition, ok i get Arsenal`s 3rd kit buying that version... this means that theres no way i can have Arsenal and Lyon`s 3rd kit in the same game? (i would have to buy both versions and swicth CD`s according to the team id like to use the 3rd kit, meaning to play a game with both teams using the 3rd kit would be impossible!!)

If thats the case, its so dumb its evan hard to comment.

probably dlc card in the box, and you can buy it as dlc aswell.

only thing that would make sense

I've been following loosely around their updates, but it seems we've heard almost nothing about AI and single player vs. the CPU?

Because for all of FIFA's good points, actually playing a match against the computer is a f*cking chore, and is possibly the least fun I've had with a video game in years.

Are they just making it an online only game, slowly but surely?

I've been following loosely around their updates, but it seems we've heard almost nothing about AI and single player vs. the CPU?

Because for all of FIFA's good points, actually playing a match against the computer is a f*cking chore, and is possibly the least fun I've had with a video game in years.

Are they just making it an online only game, slowly but surely?

Huh? Upgrades to the AI is one of the main new features for FIFA 13.

Ea Sport.......It's in the game...OR MAYBE NOT.
Fix'd.

Well, I don't think any move by EA would be that stupid...

But I expect sooner or later teams in FIFA to only have home/away/gk and, well, 3rd kits to be bought separately in Origin.
They would be able to do such a shame, they would.

probably dlc card in the box, and you can buy it as dlc aswell.
only thing that would make sense
Exasctly what I fear.

I'm not sure what people expect with EA selling kits..if people are daft enough to buy them then they create a market for them and EA as a business will gladly fill the gap and take you're money..unfortunately its the way the video game market is going you get a base game and then pay for the extras weather it be maps, guns or kits as it is in this case..of course you have a choice just like you have a choice to buy it in the first place

unfortunately that's not how business works weather we agree or not. No point being pissed off with EA as it applies to all industry all products...you pay for extras, the downside is its the company that decide what extra is

If you don't want to pay for it, you don't have to. But if i can mix kits like in WE10 then these bastards got my money.

Anyone know if the ref will be stricter in Fifa 13? Lack of free kicks in single player mode ruined it a bit in 12 for me.

I don't think stricter refs is the problem, I give away loads of fouls! The problem is the AI rarely foul :(

Ok maybe fairer refs. I liked the way pes 5 was on ps2 where there would be quite a lot of fouls. And not just defenders on attackers but attackers on defenders when they were trying to win the ball back upfield. I know some people don't like the stop start thing but it would make Fifa better in my opinion. Some refs being stricter than others.

Also it would be good when playing certain teams that put a lot of pressure on the ball, giving away more free kicks. I think with the impact engine thingy it would be great.

I'm not talking loads of free kicks, just enough to add to the realism.

Some refs are stricter than others, some see more fouls than others, some give more cards than others, that's been in the last two Fifas I believe?

I know some are supposed to be stricter but never experienced that myself, I find that normally its between 0 and 2 fouls per game. I hope they sort it anyway.

I just remember World Cup 2010, when you tried winning an important qualification game against the CPU. You could win the ball and they'd win a foul - then they go through you with studs up and it's play on...

I know some are supposed to be stricter but never experienced that myself, I find that normally its between 0 and 2 fouls per game. I hope they sort it anyway.

Not from me it isn't, and on my sliders the AI do foul a little bit more, I definitely see a difference in refs, I'll try to remember to post some after match stat screens :)

@CalcioCalabrese WC game was shit in SP IMO.

Not from me it isn't, and on my sliders the AI do foul a little bit more, I definitely see a difference in refs, I'll try to remember to post some after match stat screens :)

@CalcioCalabrese WC game was shit in SP IMO.

If you could it would be good. I use your sliders (which are very good by the way). What level do you play on? Maybe that's the difference, I play on World Class, maybe Legendary they foul more. Admittedly I don't do fancy tricks to 'draw the foul'.

I play on legendary but it shouldn't make too much difference really, I find that giving the CPU slightly slower acceleration than me (3-5 points less) makes them more likely to foul if I use smart movement to knock the ball away from them, even to the point where you can make them do something like this: YouTube - FA directive on lunging tackles makes its way to Fifa12? for which the CPU player got a straight red, you can see in the slowmo I just touch the ball to the side before the opponent makes contact, if you learn to do stuff like that you'll get a lot more fouls :)

Last edited:
Ha that's a blatant two footed tackle. I wish i saw more of that from the CPU, i'm lucky if i see them do a one footed slide.

I will check your slider settings again and see what the acceleration is.

Cheers

i want to see a few simple things, sorry if these have already been covered.

1. If a player is injured and cant carry on then he should be carried off not hobble off in a shitty cutscene.

2. Better linkin with the tv companies in which the leagues are played to give it a tv style authenticity ie nba 2k12 and espn.

3. Quicker subs.

Back
Top Bottom