FIFA 12 slider settings & discussion

Here's my sliders, camera settings, game settings, control settings as per request:

6739c86d36.jpg

61fdf22b09.jpg

35e8a69df1.jpg

39ac6099c2.jpg

385d086f0f.jpg

545ecd89b0.jpg

4a2a8e8f29.jpg

b21419e4e1.jpg

b113ed5eb4.jpg

1e104c133a.jpg

28b2c20a66.jpg

Apologies for being lazy and posting in this manner :)

Hope they're of some use :) It's possible I'll try raising it to world class next season as I'm currently 2nd in the Prem and still in all cups in March so maybe I'm ready for a bit more of a challenge, if I do that then my sliders will be quite different as I'll aim to reduce the super pressing/super marking which is a bit more prevalent at world class.

Here's my sliders, camera settings, game settings, control settings as per request:

6739c86d36.jpg

61fdf22b09.jpg

35e8a69df1.jpg

39ac6099c2.jpg

385d086f0f.jpg

545ecd89b0.jpg

4a2a8e8f29.jpg

b21419e4e1.jpg

b113ed5eb4.jpg

1e104c133a.jpg

28b2c20a66.jpg

Apologies for being lazy and posting in this manner :)

whoa!!!!!!!!!!!! wasnt expecting that..wtf dude cant you downscale size before you upload :SHOCK:l Nightmare to read.

Don't want to reduce user passing error to 45 and don't play on manual as I feel it removes individuality too much on manual..

What do the rest have user pass error on?

How dyou guys feel about CPU pressing? Don't know whether their pressing has been affected by my dropping their speed/acceleration to 47.

How dyou guys feel about CPU pressing? Don't know whether their pressing has been affected by my dropping their speed/acceleration to 47.

I'm inclined to agree that it does affect it quite badly. I was still finding the game a bit easy to dribble into the CPU's penalty area so as an experiment I reset all the sliders back to 50, then only increased player run frequency to 60, and it's much harder, but in a good way. To be honest, it was the first time I'd actually played the game with the speed and acceleration on default, and it balances the game out. The movement IMO is still tuned down from the demo, so I don't mind it. The AI definitely has that extra spring in their step to close you down quicker, but it's not overpowered like in FIFA11, and the extra closing down makes the precision dribble all the more vital. In fact, it works beautifully. Think I'll stick with all sliders set to default from now on, apart from the injury and player run sliders.

Surly custom tactics play a part also?

I haven't touched the tactics at all. Just messing with different slider settings. Gone from Pro to Legendary now backed it down to World Class. Like the game a lot just went to manual shooting as if it weren't already tough enough. One complaint I have and have not seen a fix is that no matter what I do with the sliders the CPU wants to walk it in no long shots or very few. BTW I have a career mode and it plays differently there but on friendlies which I play the majority of the time the CPU will not shoot from outside of the box. Is there a fix without picking the team changing their tactics before the game starts and then switching teams as the game begins?

The game clicked really well for me all the way, full of realism and fun, but really had a couple of blah games earlier on in the day.

Argentina wasn't closing and pressing think I must have over screwed my sliders. Am inclined to think that increasing marking results in tighter positioning and thus less closing down in terms of pressing. Will try the default speeds both CPU but just really find their annoying turns terrible.

Ea, please provide a separate pressing slider next year. Like how Spain played against England yesterday.

Could some of y'all try my settings and give me some feedback/comments? I have been playing many matches against Barcelona and Real Madrid as Osasuna, tinkering with the sliders to find a good balance. Playing on legendary makes the cpu more aggressive when you make mistakes.

Match Settings:

7 minutes : Legendary : Slow

Controller Setting:

Everything on semi that allows it, otherwise all manual except for saves
Tactical Defending

user : cpu : description

55 : 55 sprint speed
48 : 48 acceleration
50 : 50 shot error
66 : 73 pass error
50 : 50 shot speed
60 : 55 pass speed
72 : 72 injury freq
50 : 50 injury sev
45 : 45 keeper abi
60 : 55 marking
65 : 45 run freq
55 : 55 height
50 : 50 length
45 : 45 width
65 : 65 fullback
60 : ** power bar

I raised my pass error since I was having extremely high passing percentages and consistently beating Barca and Real in possession. I did lose most of my games, but only because I am horrible at defending, especially against counters.

Last edited:
Speed acceleration sliders definitely impact the aggressiveness and pressure of CPU teams. Moved them back up to 48/48 and played a game against Argentina.

They steamrolled me basically. Lost 4-0. 2 goals from way out of the box. Keeper had no chance. Angel di Maria and higuain. While messi as in real life tries to cut through as much as possible before steering for a clear shot at goal.

Honestly, could have easily been 6-0. Am on professional.

I haven't touched the tactics at all. Just messing with different slider settings. Gone from Pro to Legendary now backed it down to World Class. Like the game a lot just went to manual shooting as if it weren't already tough enough. One complaint I have and have not seen a fix is that no matter what I do with the sliders the CPU wants to walk it in no long shots or very few. BTW I have a career mode and it plays differently there but on friendlies which I play the majority of the time the CPU will not shoot from outside of the box. Is there a fix without picking the team changing their tactics before the game starts and then switching teams as the game begins?

Played Roma against Napoli and found they were bombing shots from all over so it seems that it depends upon the team as to whether they choose to walk it in or take shots from the outside.

Played Roma against Napoli and found they were bombing shots from all over so it seems that it depends upon the team as to whether they choose to walk it in or take shots from the outside.

Interesting.

In about a 100-150 matches on WC and Legendary I haven't seen much difference in attacking style. Played English, German, Italian and Mexican friendlies so far and a La Liga Career. My experience is the same as in your initial post: they always want to carry the ball into the net no matter which team/league.

It's aggravating to watch the CPU decide for yet another dribbling move even when they could have a clear shot on goal or a cross opportunity. I especially despise the way they dribble to the baseline, then turn back, then turn back again, then pass to a team mate who turns again... ad infinitum. Dribbling is quite exaggerated in this iteration afaik.

I had one test with Chiapas vs Guadalajara on Legendary where I put both the crossing and shooting sliders for Guadalajara to 100 (in the team tactics menu). Yes, they did cross a bit more, but still no long range shots. Well, maybe cause they're Mexicans...

Question concerning the sliders: what's the best way to stretch the whole field out a bit more and open up space for the players?

Played Man City against my Liverpool and they were bombing from the outside. Legendary. Like a few have said it seems to be team dependent.

In career mode all teams seemed eager to shoot from the outside.

Interesting.

In about a 100-150 matches on WC and Legendary I haven't seen much difference in attacking style. Played English, German, Italian and Mexican friendlies so far and a La Liga Career. My experience is the same as in your initial post: they always want to carry the ball into the net no matter which team/league.

It's aggravating to watch the CPU decide for yet another dribbling move even when they could have a clear shot on goal or a cross opportunity. I especially despise the way they dribble to the baseline, then turn back, then turn back again, then pass to a team mate who turns again... ad infinitum. Dribbling is quite exaggerated in this iteration afaik.

I had one test with Chiapas vs Guadalajara on Legendary where I put both the crossing and shooting sliders for Guadalajara to 100 (in the team tactics menu). Yes, they did cross a bit more, but still no long range shots. Well, maybe cause they're Mexicans...

Question concerning the sliders: what's the best way to stretch the whole field out a bit more and open up space for the players?

Put marking on 0. Do it for both teams you and CPU. You might want to set run frequency to 0 for both as well they will play more like their real life counterparts on the whole. Haven't played Alves with Barca or Brazil so not sure how it would affect a player like him.

Sliders can really make a big difference. Played a set last night with semi passing and due to other changes found it harder by far than manual passing. Error was on 75 didn't find the ball bouncing around that much but it was hard to find the target.

Put marking on 0. Do it for both teams you and CPU. You might want to set run frequency to 0 for both as well they will play more like their real life counterparts on the whole. Haven't played Alves with Barca or Brazil so not sure how it would affect a player like him.

Ok, thanks, will try that. I've played around a bit with line length 80-90/line height 0 for both user and CPU on 'legendary' and it opens up the pitch a lot giving both the CPU and your players plenty of space to act in and enables deep passing which is not immediately intercepted by the game's default 'stickiness' . It also seems to create more random situations in midfield and urges the CPU to try longer range passes.

I am still trying to find a way of getting my second line to actually engage in defending, though. Even when the CPU is attacking the hell out of me they seem to maintain position a bit to anally and leave everything up to the last four.

Great thing with those sliders all in all...

Ok, thanks, will try that. I've played around a bit with line length 80-90/line height 0 for both user and CPU on 'legendary' and it opens up the pitch a lot giving both the CPU and your players plenty of space to act in and enables deep passing which is not immediately intercepted by the game's default 'stickiness' . It also seems to create more random situations in midfield and urges the CPU to try longer range passes.

I am still trying to find a way of getting my second line to actually engage in defending, though. Even when the CPU is attacking the hell out of me they seem to maintain position a bit to anally and leave everything up to the last four.

Great thing with those sliders all in all...

I have line length and all the others set at default 50 same for CPU. I've seen a lot of slider combos with settings in the mid high 40's some lower. You'll drive yourself nuts messing about I think I have found a set that allows me to compete against the comp on Legendary with equal teams.

Marking on 0 and Run Frequency on 0 too? What are you nuts, bro?. Excuse me, but I just don't get how such a radical change could turn into a good thing for the gameplay?.

Marking on 0 and Run Frequency on 0 too? What are you nuts, bro?. Excuse me, but I just don't get how such a radical change could turn into a good thing for the gameplay?.

The problem is that for some of the sliders (especially the position ones) it's very hard to gauge what actual effect they have on overall gameplay. So trying them out on 0 or 100 and then gradually work your way back up (or down) actually makes sense.

Also: different players have different opinions on what feels 'realistic'. The thing I've always hated about the newer FIFAs was that the pitch seemed too crowded in midfield and that every open pass was intercepted because someone happened to stand in its way. I prefer a totally 'open' pitch while for you that might seem unrealistic.

Unfortunately some things can't be influenced with the sliders. For instance, it gets me in how precise the CPU is in clearing the ball out of their danger zone. Even when you set pass error all the way up they still find a way of clearing the ball pixel-perfectly to one of their team mates, even when under immense pressure.

In addition to what the previous poster stated setting run and marking low forces the computer to play according to the set custom tactics. 0 might be too low for you as he said experiment. I find the pitch too crowded with marking too high. They will close you down in their third just opens the midfield a bit more.

Hi every body,
I have a question, when I make a customs tactic for teams and I save (example slot 1). The save is an the file setting, file Rose1 or an other file ?
I need to make customs tactics for a lot of teams and after I want send the file to another persone it is possible ?

Bye

Last edited:
in a search to get the cpu take more shots, especially long shots, I put the marking slider to 100. of course the game is a bit absurd at that level, but newcastle took 16 shots with 8 on target, for 2 goals, one header, one long range, against my 13 shots, 9 on target, also for 2 goals.

then I turned the slider down to 90 and QPR took 11 shots with 6 on target for 1 goal against my 8 shots with 4 on target for 2 goals.

my other sliders are similar to jdm who post on the first page of this forum.

i'm not expert, but I think leaving the marking slider high, at 90 or so, allows players to win individual battles, become open, and take shots. mainly, after 3 seasons in Career Mode, I've decided that the cpu won't take a shot that might be blocked by a defender, but will instead pass or dribble. very frustrating. with marking high, the cpu wins a one on one battle and is open for the shot because the other defenders are tightly marking other players instead of floating in "zone."

now if I can adjust the other sliders to make the gameplay less absurd...i know it sounds crazy, but i recommend it to see how willing the cpu is to take shots.

Back
Top Bottom