FIFA 12 slider settings & discussion

I've reset all my sliders and am starting from scratch. So far I've got everything on default except for acceleration on 49 and have lowered sprint speed right down to a very low 40. Seems good so far. Doesn't appear to unbalance the AI into not tackling like lowering acceleration does, and also seems to remove the lightning fast turns on the ball the AI can do on default. It also seems to even up the right stick knock on because players can catch you a bit better over the initial acceleration period, particularly when the right stick knock on gives you a huge speed boost.

I knocked acceleration down to 45 and left speed at 50. The players are still quick but it takes them a bit longer to wind up, especially the lumbering CBs and DMFs.

Oh, PES5 is still the best by the way. :))

I knocked acceleration down to 45 and left speed at 50. The players are still quick but it takes them a bit longer to wind up, especially the lumbering CBs and DMFs.

Oh, PES5 is still the best by the way. :))

Game is on rails man. I play it once in a while to appreciate just how good the current FIFA really is.

I really wish I never paid 20 quid for PEs 2012 last week when i already had fifa 12.

I wodner if I can return it as it is PC version.

I know amazon do 30 day returns no problem.

Should I stick with PES longer? I really dont see why when I can pick up and play FIFA 12 and enjoy myself

Here are my game settings customised for lower leagues in England, if anyone wants to try them out let me know what you think:

Half Length: 4 mins
Difficulty: Professional
Game Speed: Slow
Pass Assistance: Semi

User Customisation
Sprint Speed 55
Acceleration 55
Pass Error 53
Pass Speed 60
Injury Freq 15
Positioning: Marking 55
Positioning: Run Freq 80
Power Bar 60

CPU Customisation
Sprint Speed 55
Acceleration 55
Shot Error 52
Pass Error 70 (still manage to get >80% passing consistently)
Pass Speed 60
Injury Freq 15
Goalkeeper 46
Positioning: Line Width 60 (stops CPU winger exploit)
Positioning: Fullback Positioning 60

All other customisations set to 50.

It would've been great if we could put a different set of sliders for each team.....

I set my pass error to 65 and play semi passing, then set the AI's slider to pass error of 75 and both teams seem to usually end on about 75% pass success, which given you're in a 10-15 minute long match translates pretty well. that's 1 in every 4 passes on average going astray which is actually quite a lot.

Hey dicardo, whereabouts in Perth are you? I live in Leeming...
Slider settings - your settings are a little too fast for me, I like to play manual where a slower pace helps. I've got sprint speed at 51 and acceleration at 45 - seems to give the players a nice 'weighty' feel

Here are my game settings customised for lower leagues in England, if anyone wants to try them out let me know what you think:

User Customisation
Sprint Speed 55
Acceleration 55
Pass Error 53
Pass Speed 60
Injury Freq 15
Power Bar 60

CPU Customisation
Sprint Speed 55
Acceleration 55
Shot Error 52
Pass Speed 60
Injury Freq 15
Goalkeeper 46

No idea how these would work with your style and other settings but I think the guy at dailygaming intended these for Legendary all manual. Great if it works for you though.

WHat do you guys think about line height? + line lenght?

Increasing height means defensive line pushes up. Reduce number and defense sits deeper? I put up to 60 but was getting too many 1v1s. I think maybe its best to reduce it to 45? This meand midfeild and defense sit back a bit further.

But then what about line lenght how does this effect it?

Increasing line lenght means midfielders leave bigger gap between defenders? decrease line lenght and midfieldrs sit close to defensive line? Is this right?

But then what about line lenght how does this effect it?

Increasing line lenght means midfielders leave bigger gap between defenders? decrease line lenght and midfieldrs sit close to defensive line? Is this right?
Yes. It's basically the distance between the deepest defender and the highest attacker (same team), when that team does not have the ball. So if Line Length is lower, this distance is shorter, so the team is more compact length-wise, so logically the gaps between the lines are smaller.

Y'know what, I've never actually bothered altering that setting. How odd, I'd never realised. Gonna try that tonight as an alternative to having a high line height, which I basically did to achieve the same effect.

User Customisation
Sprint Speed 55
Acceleration 55
Pass Error 53
Pass Speed 60
Injury Freq 15
Power Bar 60

CPU Customisation
Sprint Speed 55
Acceleration 55
Shot Error 52
Pass Speed 60
Injury Freq 15
Goalkeeper 46

Injury Freq 15 :SHOCK: :SHOCK:

Mine is 71...

Yes. It's basically the distance between the deepest defender and the highest attacker (same team), when that team does not have the ball. So if Line Length is lower, this distance is shorter, so the team is more compact length-wise, so logically the gaps between the lines are smaller.

Ok I messed about last night as originally I had

line hieght and lenght at 60 and the game was always open behind defese line and lots of 1v1 situations.

So I put line height to 45 and lenght to 50.

And its a lot more realistic, defenses and midfield sit deeper and defend further back. I may even change to 40 and 45.

Really like these sliders. Best add-on this year and the way to go IMO because at the end of the day every player has slightly different preferences (some prefer a fast and frantic challenge, others want to play with more build-up and patience).

I just wish for 13 that EA decided to make more attributes subject to global tuning. I would love to be able to tone done dribbling/agility settings because I think it's too over exaggerated across teams and players. The other thing I would like to set is the shooting frequency (I know you can set that for each team, but that's a lot of work), because the biggest problem I have with this game in SP is that the CPU hardly ever seems to shoot but always tries to carry the ball into the net.

This discussion on this site is more than good enough for me without being dragged elsewhere ;)

Those guys are nuts over there. Too much info but it might be worth your while if there is something you want to tweak but haven't found here. TBH there are only are few suggestions here. Whatever.

Amending my pass error sliders at the moment.

Have CPU pass error pretty much confirmed at 65 where the errors are present and yet not bobbly all round higher than 65.

I have user error set at 55 for the whole time since I got the game. Can see individuality present already at 55. I'm on semi assisted, anyone with inputs and experiences?

Amending my pass error sliders at the moment.

Have CPU pass error pretty much confirmed at 65 where the errors are present and yet not bobbly all round higher than 65.

I have user error set at 55 for the whole time since I got the game. Can see individuality present already at 55. I'm on semi assisted, anyone with inputs and experiences?

Tell ya what. I am not very good and until this year could not play with manual passing worth a lick. Try manual passing it is no where near as hard as in the past. Move user error for passing down to 40 and see if you like it.

When I edit my sliders does this only effect offline games.

What about Ultimate team online/offline games. IS this using my sliders or deafult?

Also, what about EA challenges. THese are played at defualt settings?

Back
Top Bottom