goalkeeper ability 45/45
marking 70/70
run frequency 90/90
line height 68/68
line lengh 50/50
line width 50/50
fullback positioning 50/50
power gauage 53

SC Panderborn vs Barcelona Proffesional.

Don't really know what to say really. I think i need a guide in how peoples thought process works when playing this game.

I played it on full manual, the passing speed which was fucking ridiculously slow so there's no way when i use these sliders again i'll make sure passing speed never goes below 50!

Sorry is there any way to get teh CPU to actually pressure you? Like this:
YouTube - FC Barcelona - 6 second rule

Last edited:
I think used someone's settings as abase, I think LTFC's.

Ramped up the players runs to get some movement and break the broken AI off the ball to move a bit and marking to try at get the AI to close down more.

Madness how i can keep the ball for eternity with no pressure forming attacks with such ease.

Yeah I lower my pass speed settings just a jot, I prefer having to charge up the power meter that tiny bit more. For me, it makes those Barca style 'tip tap' passes at close range pretty satisfying.

I think used someone's settings as abase, I think LTFC's.

Ramped up the players runs to get some movement and break the broken AI off the ball to move a bit and marking to try at get the AI to close down more.

Madness how i can keep the ball for eternity with no pressure forming attacks with such ease.

Try my sliders for fast/fun but still hard realistic game

Sprint Speed - 51/51
Acceleration - 51/51
Shot Error - 50/50
Pass Error - 50/50
Shot Speed - 52/50
Pass Speed - 60/50
Injury Frequency - 50/50
Injury Severity - 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability - 50/50
Positioning:Marking - 55/48
Positioning:Run Frequency - 80/70
Positioning: Line Height - 50/50
Positioning: Line Length - 60/50
Positioning: Line Width - 60/55
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 60/55
Power Bar - 50/50

These are mine at the moment. Slow setting, Manual controls.

Sprint Speed - 50/50
Acceleration - 50/50
Shot Error - 53/53
Pass Error - 60/60
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 60/60
Injury Frequency - 90/90
Injury Severity - 55/55
Goalkeeper Ability - 48/48
Positioning: Marking - 85/85
Positioning: Run Frequency - 60/60
Positioning: Line Height - 49/49
Positioning: Line Length - 39/39
Positioning: Line Width - 33/33
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 50/50
Power Bar - 57

Sprint Speed - 50/50
Acceleration - 50/50
Shot Error - 53/53
Pass Error - 60/60
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 60/60
Injury Frequency - 90/90
Injury Severity - 55/55
Power Bar - 57

why reduce gk ability? What differnce does 48 make? have you tried other settings 50+ also?

What does lower line hieght and line width make to the game?

cheers

Sprint Speed - 50/50
Acceleration - 50/50
Shot Error - 53/53
Pass Error - 60/60
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 60/60
Injury Frequency - 90/90
Injury Severity - 55/55
Power Bar - 57

Pass Error set at 60 on manual? Sounds tough can you tell that big a difference from this set to 0 if you tried?

Sprint Speed - 50/50
Acceleration - 50/50
Shot Error - 53/53
Pass Error - 60/60
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 60/60
Injury Frequency - 90/90
Injury Severity - 55/55
Power Bar - 57

Interesting :)

Are you playing with that on legendary? I've just had some games on some extremely mad settings like 100 for speed etc.. with my mate.

We played vs the CPU on legendary and despite us putting the keepers to 0, the keepers where still making loads and loads of superman, impossible saves. So the slider setting it seems only affects certain save mechanics not all. other mechanics are controlled entirely by the difficulty level. Infact it seems as if all gameplay aspects are spilt between either being controlled by sliders or controlled by the difficulty.

Overall I saw a ton of other horrible unbalances in favour of the CPU, despite us for fun changing the sliders heavily in our favour to see if we could score 40 goals in a match (we scored 39)

So even in my small time on the game compared to you I would advise playing on world class, because legendary is skewed by the CPU cheating. Professionally is definitely the most fair level but maybe too easy for you :)

Just thought I'd let you know if the AI keep fucking you over on some little things such as turning away from you or you getting caught offside a lot. it's the game cheating so just play on world class maybe to calm down :)

Don't want people getting stressed.

what is manual passing with 0 error like?

Even if you aim wrong it goes to the nearest player in that direction?>

No. It means that the pass goes exactly where you point the stick, same with shot error set to 0. I play full manual controls and have tinkered with both these settings - currently have them both set to 20 which does allow some errant passes and shots to creep in. Someone posted recently that they set shot error to 100 with manual controls! I tried that and they were ballooning shots all over the place and it bore no relation to where I was actually pointing the stick.....a bit pointless really.

No. It means that the pass goes exactly where you point the stick, same with shot error set to 0. I play full manual controls and have tinkered with both these settings - currently have them both set to 20 which does allow some errant passes and shots to creep in. Someone posted recently that they set shot error to 100 with manual controls! I tried that and they were ballooning shots all over the place and it bore no relation to where I was actually pointing the stick.....a bit pointless really.

I'll try 20 I had just banged it back up to 50 from 0. I have CPU Pass Error on 55 and I am still seeing 75-80% completion rate with nearly all teams. What is the average for professional football anyway? Just found this.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/01/24/league-comparison-1-passing/

Thanks for the links mate - very interesting. From memory (at work just now) I tend to average around 80% for passes completed, as do my opponents, so not far from the average. Playing world class level, career mode with Malaga and have had some great games. The sliders are a wonderful, and understated, addition to the game this year. Only problem is resisting the urge to seek for the holy grail of a sweet spot.

certainly dotn get that many shot in 10min games (5min halfs) or even on my footie manager games.

average for me against good opposition could be 9 shots for me 7 for them? or even as low as 6 for me 8 for them.

Against poor teams I can have 6-11 shot they have 0-4.

edit- ahhhhhh! I was thinking 20 shots per team..20 shots in whole game is realistic i guess most my fifa games and Fm games get 15-20 shots prob

Last edited:
Thanks for the links mate - very interesting. From memory (at work just now) I tend to average around 80% for passes completed, as do my opponents, so not far from the average. Playing world class level, career mode with Malaga and have had some great games. The sliders are a wonderful, and understated, addition to the game this year. Only problem is resisting the urge to seek for the holy grail of a sweet spot.

holy grail=my sliders

i wish even ust 1 person try it and get back to me. I cant beleive how good they are. THe game is so real and addictive. I play 14hrs evey day lmao..so good.

Please people try my sliders. I want yuor opinions

I´m looking since the day I bought the game for the right sliders and you PES4LIFE are always saying that your silders are quite good. Definetly I will give them a try to enjoy the game, what I´m not doing now. I will give you feed back.

holy grail=my sliders

i wish even ust 1 person try it and get back to me. I cant beleive how good they are. THe game is so real and addictive. I play 14hrs evey day lmao..so good.

Please people try my sliders. I want yuor opinions

I'll give your settings a go tonight mate. I haven't tried yours yet as I thought some of the settings looked a little too fast but having just looked there they look toned down a little bit, is that right? Playing full manual controls tends to require a slightly slower pace but I will give it a few games and let you know.
I'll post my current settings later before I go changing them, from memory i'm using a combination of a few different settings as posted on here.
What's also apparent is how different everyones tastes and expectations are - it shows how much of a masterstroke it has been to include this level of customisation.

why reduce gk ability? What differnce does 48 make? have you tried other settings 50+ also?
GK Ability is one of the sliders I haven't experimented with much. I've always felt in the past that goalkeepers were a bit predictable, in the sense that you tended to know which shots from which angles they were likely to save. So I wanted to knock them down a little bit, but I was also wary of making them too easy. So I tried 48 and have left it there to test it out over a long period. So far it seems okay.

Last night I scored a goal where my striker's shot rebounded off the post, and my winger followed up from quite a tight angle. In past versions I would have expected this to be saved, but my winger put enough power and height on the ball to smash it through into the roof of the net even though the keeper had got back to his feet and in position. That might still have happened on 50 GK Ability, I don't know, but it seems about right so far.

What does lower line hieght and line width make to the game?
Lower Line Length and Line Width makes teams more compact, both vertically and horizontally. I set Line Height to counter-balance the lower Line Length. Combined with a very high Marking setting, all of this reduces the spaces between players which makes ball movement less easy/instant. This might not be to your taste if you want a fast and flowing game, but personally I seek something a bit tighter and more tactical, in the sense of patiently choosing when to attempt the forward pass, and in having to work a little more to create space.

Those are probably the settings that I've fiddled with the most, and are the ones I find most important in balancing the game a little more how I'd personally like it to be.

Pass Error set at 60 on manual? Sounds tough can you tell that big a difference from this set to 0 if you tried?
I haven't tried 0. The difference between 50 and 60 is mainly in the consistency of the passing technique. Passes on 60 by worse passers are more likely to bobble and travel slowly and be difficult to control. LTFC has suggested before that a higher passing error seems to make the passing attributes more important (because it makes you want to give the ball to your better passers) and I'm inclined to agree, so a little more error appeals to me.

I also like to try and keep the Human and CPU settings the same or very close, and I think you need at least 60 for the CPU on higher difficulties.

So even in my small time on the game compared to you I would advise playing on world class, because legendary is skewed by the CPU cheating. Professionally is definitely the most fair level but maybe too easy for you :)
I was playing on Legendary, but frankly I wasn't doing very well! I've recently knocked it down to World Class while I practice and get better. It wasn't that I felt I was being cheated, just that Legendary has been a bit too hot to handle so far. Which is kind of nice, because for the last few versions I've played solely on Legendary and it's good to have something to work up to this time.

I´m looking since the day I bought the game for the right sliders and you PES4LIFE are always saying that your silders are quite good. Definetly I will give them a try to enjoy the game, what I´m not doing now. I will give you feed back.

Ok I want to add one thing I notice is key is

positioning:marking slider

Atm I have this set at 48 for the CPU. But still if you are struggling to make chances to score the best way to make it easier is reduce this figure. If you reduce to 40 or below its just too easy to score players a free for through ball all the time.

If you are disliking FIFA due to minimal chances, barrier like cpu defense etc...then marking reduced improves it a lot.

If at 48 you are still struggling and finding game frustrating I suggest you lower marking to 47, then 46, then 45 etc...until you find a sweet spot for you.

FOr me at 48 its still somewhat hard to get space to make chances but not as hardcore as default game which frustrate me like hell.

I'll give your settings a go tonight mate. I haven't tried yours yet as I thought some of the settings looked a little too fast but having just looked there they look toned down a little bit, is that right? Playing full manual controls tends to require a slightly slower pace but I will give it a few games and let you know.
I'll post my current settings later before I go changing them, from memory i'm using a combination of a few different settings as posted on here.
What's also apparent is how different everyones tastes and expectations are - it shows how much of a masterstroke it has been to include this level of customisation.

Ah well im not playing manual...a mix of semi and assisted. I think on manual you do need to play slower. But for me these sliders give a mix of arcade/simulation with the main focus on fun but still maintaining realism. The games play out realistically tactically and exciting. But passing can be fast and accurate. And the game does have an extra touch of zip about it. Also, I play on normal speed and Professional but Im not great. Dont know if world class effects sliders differently.

If coming from slow game and manual may need a few games to adjust to it before you can evaluate it.

Heres latest

Sprint Speed - 51/51
Acceleration - 51/51
Shot Error - 50/50
Pass Error - 50/50
Shot Speed - 52/50
Pass Speed - 60/50
Injury Frequency - 50/50
Injury Severity - 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability - 50/50
Positioning:Marking - 55/48
Positioning:Run Frequency - 80/70
Positioning: Line Height - 50/50
Positioning: Line Length - 60/50
Positioning: Line Width - 60/55
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 60/55
Power Bar - 50/50

Last edited:
I wonder if i'm the only one to see few AI shots (5-6 for match)?

Maybe i'm doing something wrong (i'm on professional )and i do not get any better results playing around with sliders settings or team tactics.
I think tis is the biggest flaw of Fifa 12 gameplay, not easy to address..

Current sliders before I experiment with pes4lyfe's settings:-

Sprint speed 49/49
Acceleration 47/47
Shot error 20/50
Pass error 20/65
Shot speed 51/50
Pass speed 65/60
Injury frequency 95/95
Injury severity 60/60
Goalkeeper 47/47
Position marking 60/60
Run frequency 55/55
Line height 68/68
Line length 50/50
Line width 50/50
Fullback pos 50/50
Power bar 55

World class, slow, 6 min halves. Everything manual.

I

A few things you could try....
Bump difficulty up to world class
Try using manual controls
Use lesser quality teams...

I'm in a career mode with Malaga and getting some great even matches but against the top sides you can really see the difference......just got reamed 4-0 by real madrid and ronnie was unstoppable. Top sides get in 12-14 shots against me (6 min halves) and they are not scared to take a shot whereas in professional level I felt they wanted to walk the ball in at times

Sorry is there any way to get teh CPU to actually pressure you? Like this:

You have to go to the custom team tactics and set their press setting higher. Saw on another site someone mention 80 for Barca and Madrid and they will chase you around. The last couple of FIFA's all teams played like this, so thankfully it has been toned down.

When starting a match vs them, just switch sides and change it in their team management, then change back to your side and the CPU will use these settings. You lose points or whatever, but to me that stuff is useless and less important that great sim gameplay.

Lower Line Length and Line Width makes teams more compact, both vertically and horizontally. I set Line Height to counter-balance the lower Line Length. Combined with a very high Marking setting, all of this reduces the spaces between players which makes ball movement less easy/instant. This might not be to your taste if you want a fast and flowing game, but personally I seek something a bit tighter and more tactical, in the sense of patiently choosing when to attempt the forward pass, and in having to work a little more to create space.

Those are probably the settings that I've fiddled with the most, and are the ones I find most important in balancing the game a little more how I'd personally like it to be.

Nerf, with these settings are you seeing too many guys get through in a one v one opportunity vs. your GK? With marking that high (above 70), I thought that may have been happening to me and LTFC also mentioned this. Just wondering what you are seeing? Part of the issue is sometimes your back four get brain dead and don't react, but that is another discussion altogether.

Nerf, with these settings are you seeing too many guys get through in a one v one opportunity vs. your GK? With marking that high (above 70), I thought that may have been happening to me and LTFC also mentioned this. Just wondering what you are seeing? Part of the issue is sometimes your back four get brain dead and don't react, but that is another discussion altogether.
No, I wouldn't say I'm seeing that. Wouldn't that be a symptom of setting your Line Height too high?

You have to go to the custom team tactics and set their press setting higher. Saw on another site someone mention 80 for Barca and Madrid and they will chase you around. The last couple of FIFA's all teams played like this, so thankfully it has been toned down.

When starting a match vs them, just switch sides and change it in their team management, then change back to your side and the CPU will use these settings. You lose points or whatever, but to me that stuff is useless and less important that great sim gameplay.

I'd set it too 100, Barca are simply not Barca unless they harrash you at every corner to win the ball back, You shouldn't have little or any time on the ball against them! Thing is even if you get them to close you down. Every player has so much control on the ball you can just easily keep it away from them and exploit their high line without too much trouble.

This is why I bang on about ball control and player momentum and movement so vigoruouisly when i talk about simulation!

I wonder if i'm the only one to see few AI shots (5-6 for match)?

Maybe i'm doing something wrong (i'm on professional )and i do not get any better results playing around with sliders settings or team tactics.
I think tis is the biggest flaw of Fifa 12 gameplay, not easy to address..

with my sliders it depend on opposition. For example I am championship team. When I play bottom off league team they may get 0-2 shots agaisnt me. When I play mid table team maybe 0-4 shots.

When I play top league team maybe 3-7 shots.

when I play FA cup against premiership good team they get maybe 5-11 shots.

thats kinda realistic?

Current sliders before I experiment with pes4lyfe's settings:-

World class, slow, 6 min halves. Everything manual.

I

Mind I play my settings

Proffesional, normal, 5min halves. MOst things semi or assisted.

So may need to take that into account.

Expect a huge change in pace if you are coming from slow and reduced speed stats. Different game altogether mayeb you wont like.

Played a few games and lost them all :SHOCK: no real surprises. Pace of game wasn't that much different from what I'm used to, infact I found the pass speed to be a little too slow, I like the ball to zip around a little more. Main thing I noticed was the passing accuracy of CPU - over 90% - and this was against the likes of espanyol and real bêtis in my career, so I felt that was too high. I have pass error set to 65 which I think is the threshold before passes start bobbling all over the place. Playing manually I feel this 'leveller' helps a little. Also found that more of my passes were going a little astray.
Anyway its all about trial and error.... The search continues...
Think I'll give nerfs settings a go, I see he plays manual.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom