FIFA 12 slider settings & discussion

Thanks for the information LTFC, keep us posted as to what you find. I will try out the line height slider and the acc/sprint tips as I like what you are describing.

Also love your avatar, lol. :)

Haha cheers bud. Mine are just a suggestion for what I like, also try the other slider suggestions made by others. They all vary quite a lot so I'd imagine alter the game according to various tastes :)

Can someone recommend sliders for me to make the game suit me better.

Problem I have is. opponenents sit to deep, they are hard to break down and to make space for attacks. They get chances on counter attacks. Often I have the ball between half way line and outisde there box but unable to create chance or shot on goal or find space. A lot of the game plays out with me with the ball in this area but nothing much ever really happens. Play wide for a cross, cross headed clear, try play through middle but blocked off etc...

What can I do to sliders to enable more space and more chances and more fun/

I prefer a faster game like WE9LE so.

User/CPU Game Customization
---------------
Sprint Speed - 60/55
Acceleration - 60/55
Shot Error - 50/50
Pass Error - 50/60
Shot Speed - 55/50
Pass Speed - 60/50
Injury Frequency - 80/80
Injury Severity - 60/60
Goalkeeper Ability - 50/50
Positioning:Marking - 55/50
Positioning:Run Frequency - 100/50
Positioning: Line Height - 50/50
Positioning: Line Length - 60/50
Positioning: Line Width - 60/50
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 60/50
Power Bar - 50/50

Still challenging will only make the playoffs on world class as forest in the championship

---------------
Sprint Speed - 60/55
Acceleration - 60/55
Shot Error - 50/50
Pass Error - 50/60
Shot Speed - 55/50
Pass Speed - 60/50
Injury Frequency - 80/80
Injury Severity - 60/60
Power Bar - 50/50

Still challenging will only make the playoffs on world class as forest in the championship

ok I tried it. the increased speed defo makes it more fun IMO.
However at 55 shot speed OMG. Every shot was like a rocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I scored 2 rockets one from 25 yds the other about 40yds lmao...right into bottom corner with both.

Everytime I shot I was scared I was gonna break my tv they went so fast.

Well thats 55 is only 5 more than 50 thats a bit OTT I will try 100 for a laugh.

I think original 50 shots can be a bit to weak and 55 is for sure more like old PES arcadey amazing shots. But in PES only good players could do them.

I scored 2 long rangers with guys who had only 65 for long range shooting. SO this is not so good.

Im not sure on this I might try 51-54?

But is fun no doubt.

Okay, so far (and it alters every week!) mine are;

sprint speed 49/49
acceleration 47/47
shot error 50/50
pass error 65/75
shot speed 45/45
pass speed 45/45
injury frequency 85/85
injury severity 60/60
goalkeeper ability 50/50
marking 60/60
run frequency 55/55
line height 68/68
line lengh 50/50
line width 50/50
fullback positioning 50/50
power gauage 53

For me this plays out as a slower game with closer midfield battles, slower turning players than default and with the CPU able to close you down when necessary. The acceleration definitely seems to affect whether the AI closes you down when dribbling around the box. Lower it and they stand off, letting you in. Jump acceleration up a bit, but slightly reduce acceleration (not enough to leave the game unbalanced, mind) and it combines slowing players right down in terms of their sudden, sharp movements but still makes the AI have that bit of bite when it comes to closing down around their own penalty area.

No idea why sprint speed would affect this, very strange, but so far it seems to work just fine :)

Oh, and I reduced pass and shot speed but also increased the power bar. This makes it so that tiny taps of pass or shoot can produce really delicate, slow shots/passes, but you can just as easily charge up your power bar faster which means you can get a bit of welly into it too. For me it lets me have that tiny bit of variety in the speed at which you can hit the ball.

These sliders are deeper than they first appear! But gradually I'm getting a better and better experience out of this game.

Last edited:
Okay, so far (and it alters every week!) mine are;

sprint speed 49/49
acceleration 47/47
shot error 50/50
pass error 65/75
shot speed 45/45
pass speed 45/45
injury frequency 85/85
injury severity 60/60
goalkeeper ability 50/50
marking 60/60
run frequency 55/55
line height 68/68
line lengh 50/50
line width 50/50
fullback positioning 50/50
power gauage 53

For me this plays out as a slower game with closer midfield battles, slower turning players than default and with the CPU able to close you down when necessary. The acceleration definitely seems to affect whether the AI closes you down when dribbling around the box. Lower it and they stand off, letting you in. Jump acceleration up a bit, but slightly reduce acceleration (not enough to leave the game unbalanced, mind) and it combines slowing players right down in terms of their sudden, sharp movements but still makes the AI have that bit of bite when it comes to closing down around their own penalty area.

No idea why sprint speed would affect this, very strange, but so far it seems to work just fine :)

Oh, and I reduced pass and shot speed but also increased the power bar. This makes it so that tiny taps of pass or shoot can produce really delicate, slow shots/passes, but you can just as easily charge up your power bar faster which means you can get a bit of welly into it too. For me it lets me have that tiny bit of variety in the speed at which you can hit the ball.

These sliders are deeper than they first appear! But gradually I'm getting a better and better experience out of this game.
Thanks, and game speed normal or slow?

He's on slow speed, here's some other info he posted earlier. I bolded the relevant info

Not a huge change to defaults but enough to slow it down perfectly for that particular camera view, and gives you enough time on the ball but also you're attacked by the AI quite nicely.

I've found with pass assistance set so high, it pays for me to put passing to assisted in the controls. Manual players will laugh at that but I find the more automated passing is, with the pass error set so high, the more you notice pass quality from player to player. Try a 40 yard crossfield ball at full power with my Virtual Pro and it'll balloon into the air, go wide of its target etc. Try the same pass with Xavi and he'll curl a beautiful pass that skids across the turf as you'd imagine he would. Not for everyone but I love it. Shooting, I set to semi, and through pass I set to manual. I also have the game on slow speed.

Tried some Spanish matches with these settings tonight and they were awesome. Beat Athletic Bilbao 3-1 with Barcelona then in the return match, Llorente punished my bad defending with a hat-trick as they out footballed me and won 4-1!

I'm finding on my settings that pass accuracy for the overall team stats really vary. The match I lost 4-1, the AI's passing was on 89% and mine on 80%, but a previous match with two Premier League teams both myself and the AI were around the 75% accuracy mark, which during a 14 minute match translates to a decent number of passes that go astray. The AI also regularly has an equal share of possession after 90 minutes, sometimes more possession than me, and that's something I've never witnessed in a FIFA game before.

Oh, I'm on Professional level too. I'd reccommend trying these settings if you're after a slower, more continental style of game :)

Speaking of pass completion, I've been looking at some stats for last season's Barcelona v Arsenal match and the stats were just as high as you get in this game, something I thought it had all wrong. Xavi finished the real life match with pass completion of 94%, Wilshere 87%, Fabregas 81% etc. That doesn't translate of course if you get the same stats in FIFA with lower ranked teams but at least it's realistic at the top end of the game.

---------------
Sprint Speed - 60/55
Acceleration - 60/55
Shot Error - 50/50
Pass Error - 50/60
Shot Speed - 55/50
Pass Speed - 60/50
Injury Frequency - 80/80
Injury Severity - 60/60
Power Bar - 50/50

actually when you see goals like this

YouTube - Joe Cole's First Goal For Lille

I think your sliders and shot/pass speed can be real. With the 50 shot speed scoring belters and power shots rarely happen but in real life many shots are hit that hard.

I'm finding really boring the lack of AI shots even in world class.
This problem is very common with the less strong teams (3 or 3.5 stars).

I have tried everything with custom tactics without success.
It seems that the AI ​​always want to go walking into the net, no matter the tactic in use...
Very rarely i see a long shot.
I'm using LTFC slider settings (very useful).
Any tips?
Thanks

I don't know what to suggest to be honest, I concede a ton of goals from around the edge of the box, give the AI half a sight on goal and they seem to rip the ball into the net. Conceded 4 goals last night and all were from about 18 yards out. Not really long shots but from the edge/just outside the edge of the box.

I don't know what to suggest to be honest, I concede a ton of goals from around the edge of the box, give the AI half a sight on goal and they seem to rip the ball into the net. Conceded 4 goals last night and all were from about 18 yards out. Not really long shots but from the edge/just outside the edge of the box.

it might have to do with the marking slider. I have it set to 70, so i dont know if the cpu sees that and acts accordingly, i.e tries to pass/dribble around that tactic. I seem to remember when i knocked it down to forty they were more likely due to the space afforded, shoot from distance.

But that needs experiementing with i reckon.

LTFC, I tried your line height at 68 setting last night and really enjoyed the game I played. It was a tight mid field battle and everything in this area was contested.

I may need to mess with Milan's custom tactic for the back line as I get caught too high more then I should. Part of that problem is the psychic CPU who always can catch me perfectly without going offside. That, and the at times issue of my center backs going brain dead and watching an attacking player go right by them for a pass or to chase a ball while they admire them. BAH! :)

Last edited:
LTFC, I dno whether it's placebo(no pun to the user) but I think I had your Ai not closing down after setting acceleration 48 and speed 49? But that was against Norwich so they might just have been holding the line...

Wait a minute, did you mean you were able to glide across the Ai penalty box right outside? Without even sprinting? Theyll rip me up if I don't sprint.

Haha thanks for clarification mate. Addicted to CM mode man. Even though I'm still losing to teams like Norwich. Like real life arsenal!

Anyway, I reduced injury frequency to 90.. Too many were happening at 99.. You still have yours set at 99?

Teams may hold their line around the edge of their box, which is fine so long as they're still close enough to make you really work to get a shot in, but the dodgy speed settings mean they stand off and only track your movement even when you dribble into the six yard box. Must be a bug, thankfully on my current settings though it doesn't happen :)

Yeah the line height has brought another dimension to the game, makes games a tight midfield battle but still with enough time to stand on the ball sometimes with precision dribble. Nothing like last year's game when players were running into and falling into each other, and constantly stab tackling while sprinting at you.

This year's game is vastly superior to any other FIFA in my opinion. Away games even see me have less possession than the AI sometimes, which I'd never seen before. It's a huge leap over FIFA 11.

What kind of teams are you using. I consider myself average at best play on Pro Slow Semi Shooting all else manual and I find with the exception of an odd walk in goal by the AI I rarely give up anything other than the iffy penalty in the box. I play with closely matched teams for the most part. Scoring is tough at times I might try for the perfect play too much maybe.

Scoring comes really rarely for me too on professional. If the star players are out, then the average players really make a difference. Not in a good way though!

I guess it's really realistic in that sense and most away games I end up with lesser possession. However something is still bugging me regarding passing accuracy percentages. Smaller teams having percentages around the 80 mark.. Even on pass error 65 which seems to be the sweet spot without the ball bouncing around too much any higher.

Anyone has any comments on this and their pass accuracy percentages?

Anyway, I reduced injury frequency to 90.. Too many were happening at 99.. You still have yours set at 99?

No I dropped it down to something like 98/50 as I was getting slightly too many long term injuries, been quite slow on the injury front but I get the suspicion that the more matches a player has played the more likely he is to get injured as I'm now about 15 matches into the season and starting to get a couple of medium term injuries crop up :)

Scoring comes really rarely for me too on professional. If the star players are out, then the average players really make a difference. Not in a good way though!

I guess it's really realistic in that sense and most away games I end up with lesser possession. However something is still bugging me regarding passing accuracy percentages. Smaller teams having percentages around the 80 mark.. Even on pass error 65 which seems to be the sweet spot without the ball bouncing around too much any higher.

Anyone has any comments on this and their pass accuracy percentages?

I think my passing % might be a function of the camera that I use. Since I use Dynamic I find I play mostly short passes and work the ball around the back a lot. Not many long balls at all so even on manual I am around 80-85 all the time. If you play a lot of long balls and play risky passes for sure I could see something more along the order of 70%. I have the CPU around 60 for Pass Error sometimes a bit lower and they come in around 75-80% all the time.

75-80 is still a little high for smaller teams. Epl teams in real life the smaller ones usually average 70 throughout the season. I was getting just that on semi pro with pass error at 60. But 65 on pro doesn't keep the CPU percentage that low anymore.

But I realized once the players get tired they give the ball away a lot more, which is great!

Placebo, I dropped mine to 90-60 and the numbers are getting realistic. Sucks to have van Persie, arshavin, walcott all out at the same time though. But that's football. (:

Just hope they don't sack me before the season ends!

Here's what I ended up with after some extensive fiddling..

User - CPU

Sprint Speed - 48/46
Acceleration - 50/46
Shot Error - 0/49
Pass Error - 0/65
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 55/50
Injury Frequency - 75/75
Injury Severity - 65/65
Goalkeeper Ability - 47/47
Positioning:Marking - 60/55
Positioning:Run Frequency - 80/60
Positioning: Line Height - 60/50
Positioning: Line Length - 50/50
Positioning: Line Width - 50/50
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 75/60
Power Bar - 55/50

I play on World class/Slow with everything on manual and it's a good game.
AI is predictable and boring as ever but still more enjoyable then before. They lack variety in scoring and build up play and if you have a good (80+) dribbler on your team you can carve any under 4* team with ease.

Here's what I ended up with after some extensive fiddling..

User - CPU

Sprint Speed - 48/46
Acceleration - 50/46
Shot Error - 0/49
Pass Error - 0/65
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 55/50
Injury Frequency - 75/75
Injury Severity - 65/65
Goalkeeper Ability - 47/47
Positioning:Marking - 60/55
Positioning:Run Frequency - 80/60
Positioning: Line Height - 60/50
Positioning: Line Length - 50/50
Positioning: Line Width - 50/50
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 75/60
Power Bar - 55/50

I play on World class/Slow with everything on manual and it's a good game.
AI is predictable and boring as ever but still more enjoyable then before. They lack variety in scoring and build up play and if you have a good (80+) dribbler on your team you can carve any under 4* team with ease.

If you have shot error on 0 wont that make it more automated..I have put mine on 100 and had a couple of games last night what it seemed to me is that it will still kick it the same but you have to poisiton yourself right to take the shot..try it out mate i had some great games last night other than that our sliders aree pretty much the same :)

I was reading another forum on the people there recommending all the way down to 44 for speed and acceleration for CPU. Their aggressiveness can be moved up to 70 in terms of positioning:marking.

Seems interesting. Might try it out soon.

Also, what number dyou guys have your pass speed on? Just realized on watching the liverpool match that fifa passes slow the game down a tad too much. I'm on 60 but seems impossible to switch flanks by playing a ground cross on semi. Not enough power. Am afraid manual would totally remove player individually.

I was reading another forum on the people there recommending all the way down to 44 for speed and acceleration for CPU. Their aggressiveness can be moved up to 70 in terms of positioning:marking.

Seems interesting. Might try it out soon.

Also, what number dyou guys have your pass speed on? Just realized on watching the liverpool match that fifa passes slow the game down a tad too much. I'm on 60 but seems impossible to switch flanks by playing a ground cross on semi. Not enough power. Am afraid manual would totally remove player individually.

I don't know if playing manual removes player individuality but unless you play manual passes there is no way I can figure out how to lead a player to make him run on to the ball. With pass error on 0 it seems a lot easier than earlier versions matter of fact even set on default it is not hard. I prefer the game with manual passing.

Back
Top Bottom