FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I hope it affects the keepers too, I'm so tired of them claiming EVERYTHING whenever the ball is near them, no matter what amount of pressure they are under.

I bet it doesn't. I hate the fact that you can't get to the keeper in the air. I remember in early fifa you good foul the keeper when he had the ball in his arms, but you would get a straight red card so i suppose it would be ok for nutters like jaygrim.

Agreed, I wouldn't even mind if they won a free kick every single time I just want to see them get battered!

Yes! Those bastards have been untouchable for far too long. I remember back in FIFA 98 when you could slide tackle the keepers.

Well if it wasn't spotted in any of the GC videos it probably isn't possible. Surely must have been a bunch of crosses in them?

In some of the screenshots it kind of looked like you could challenge the keeper, with the new PIE system going on adjusting limbs and stuff. But that might only be for the player and not the keeper.

I think they've managed to keep the impact engine under control - but it still annoys me that they've focused so much time and effort on this system. The collisions in FIFA 11 weren't perfect and they are now considerably better but it's mostly a visual change. If FIFA 12 didn't have the flaws it has, then it would be great, but I see it as a massively costly effort which has been done instead of so many better things.
Agreed, collisions were the least of FIFA's gameplay problems but I suppose you have to give credit where it's due.

There are things which should have been much higher priorities but seem to have had very little or no attention.

I think they've managed to keep the impact engine under control - but it still annoys me that they've focused so much time and effort on this system. The collisions in FIFA 11 weren't perfect and they are now considerably better but it's mostly a visual change. If FIFA 12 didn't have the flaws it has, then it would be great, but I see it as a massively costly effort which has been done instead of so many better things.

Yeah, couldn't agree more. If we were talking about Madden, or even NHL, then having a brand new collision engine would be a different story, as both those sports are more defined by and known for brutal physical collisions. It's been a frustrating few years because EA have focused so much on the physical side of the game when there are more important fundamentals of the sport that need work. At least now they have no excuse to not focus their efforts elsewhere for 13.

(It makes you wonder if the reason why there has been such an emphasis on the physicality features over the last few years is because they are possibly shared among EA's sports franchises, whereas many of the features we here ask for would be really of any use only for FIFA.)

Last edited:
JAZ aka johnny_on

now try and be positive about that, all the passes are perfect and quick ping pong shit :S

:-) looks pretty painful doesn't it..

I'll give it a go though.

It was Barca who made all those passes, and we dont know what setting the AI was on for covering runs.

Also the guy who plays sideways and doesnt ping pong was having all the possession, and apart from that first part the ping-pong guy couldn't keep the ball because of passing like that all the time.

Not sure i'm even convincing myself :-)

Last edited:
thanks for that . :CONFUSE:

Its not as bad as it sounds... They said it would be to fix the problems with the mode.. Lag, glitch's etc but the EA guy in charge said they were looking into balancing the CPU/BOt players, ie making their stats better so 7 ft Green Afro idiots cant run rings rounds every AI player.

Whether that works out like that is another thing..

September 13th seems miles away. Is it going to be the same code from Gamescom? If so then they should release it now! Got PES to try out on wednesday. That should tire me over

Back
Top Bottom