FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

What's funnier is that Japan just won the Women's World Cup and the Men's Asian Cup. So I think they DO know something about football! lol

I tell you with youngsters like Usami, Myatichi and many more in the J-League, if Japan win the the world cup in the next 8-12 years or so, i will not be surprised at all either. They are clearly for me the fastest growing football nation.

Japan winning the world cup is a sign of things to come!

Now, you have players like Nagatomo and Honda, who really are stepping up. Only question mark with their development is their defence really.

They aren't happy with the development cycle, they're happy with the money cycle. If they can put the same thing out with a new UI and a change or two and make that much money why not? All they have to do is get on camera a few times up to release and spew some bullshit praise onto their own game, pay a few review sites and GOTY!

They aren't happy with the development cycle, they're happy with the money cycle. If they can put the same thing out with a new UI and a change or two and make that much money why not? All they have to do is get on camera a few times up to release and spew some bullshit praise onto their own game, pay a few review sites and GOTY!

I bet this is chapter one on EA´s Bible. :LOL:

I'm an AVTV subscriber - there's very little in-game footage in that clip and nothing that would be noteworthy.

Slightly surreal to see the real players not only playing as themselves, but playing as versions of themselves that have been rated (at least partially) by me! As a data editor you never really think that the players you're assessing and rating will actually be seen/played by those people. You start to wonder if Jonathon Hogg or Gary Gardner might be offended that they have the lowest OVR in the room...

(insert sarcastic comment about P+ here)

It's sad really, both companies have got into a routine of showing us all this guff before they launch each year with the final product always falling way short. It's almost desensitized us from the nagging reality that what we were playing in 2005/2006 was probably a better overall experience. Not quite though.

Career mode seems to be slowly turtle-walking it's way towards the right direction with FIFA while the AI remains an afterthought/tweak.

I won't bring up PES here (for fear of death by a thousand keystrokes) but it's major issue is at least being addressed. Slowly, but at least it's being addressed.

http://youtu.be/vqz1sVgdUBI

That NHL feature is such a joke to brag about being one of the three big new features. Seriously, that is such a basic thing for them to add to AI, it's not hard to calculate which player will get to the puck/ball first. I guess it's good that they actually do anything at all regarding AI since it's really unrealistic at the moment, but still.

Browsing the internet I saw this news on NHL 12.

http://www.destructoid.com/ea-infuses-magic-into-nhl-12-s-ai-to-anticipate-your-move-207032.phtml

Is it possible that a similar feature would be in FIFA 12?

WTF? Did all EA Sports game won 20+ awards?

EA´s a damn joke!

I enjoy playing NHL games but they are becoming just like fifa, too much marketing and not enough significant changes where the game really needs. As Gab said, those AI small changes are not enough to be a big announcement. The new features in NHL are almost as bad as Fifa´s.

Is it me or do the new generation PES's animations look worse than this video? The older ones were a perfect ten, at least for their time.

Not entirely, but yes, it's true in some of the things, like running cycles and of course, the GK animations, they were pretty much spot-on...

I'm sorry, but how's that innovative at all? That's part of football game's AI mechanics since always...

I'm of the opinion that the AI just runs around according to pre-set patterns with very little in the way of real "I". I've seen players backing away from a loose ball to cover their position, the classic striker running out wide on all attacks....the list goes on.

Any step forward in making AI more reactive to ball position and situation is something I would be all for. At the moment it is shocking. I should add that I have liked a lot of what I have been seeing from PES 2012 - even if PES does lack some of the polish of FIFA, it may at least have enough substance to still be enjoyable throughout the year.

Back
Top Bottom