FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I've never truly understood why some people critics an image when they see x player not looking at the ball.In real football, you don't look only at the ball from start to end.

Because when the ball is 3 yards in front of you and your facing the opposite direction, or when a cross comes in and your players who are near to where the ball is heading are staring into space you can't help but wonder, WTF! :)

Because when the ball is 3 yards in front of you and your facing the opposite direction, or when a cross comes in and your players who are near to where the ball is heading are staring into space you can't help but wonder, WTF! :)

Well that's not what's happening on the last picture with Wilshere is it ?

Again, it's better than nothing but 18 teams, the Championship is 24 teams, not 18. It's nice that the fans and community make these patches and I respect them for doing it but when it comes to the Championship I want 24 teams, promotion and relegation and the full amount of 46 games.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't what stops me from converting fully to PES, I still love PES, I just don't think it meets my needs. It more than meets my needs with regards to Become a Legend, I honestly think BAL makes BAP on FIFA look embarrassing but when it comes to online I'm just not interested and those stupid pop up things like "good goal" and so on irritate the living bejesus out of me.

To me PES is the ultimate single player top tier football experience but that is a very small area of what I want to do with a football game, I want the online clubs, I want multiple real leagues with full league rosters etc.

One thing i do miss from FIFA even if every match was the god dam same was going into manager mode and playing with a random team in a obscure league in the middle of nowhere like Belgium, Austria, Switzerland etc..

I really enjoyed playing with just average players and battling with them to see how far i could take them. In PES it's a rather small world and most of the teams and all the leagues int he game are center around big clubs. That's one thing i miss about real league structures despite the huge amount of crap programming and bugs. That feeling that your lost in your little world almost.

Now i have the urge to play FIFA 08 again, thanks Spike :LOL:

I've said on a number of occasions not just PES should add 3-4 more licensed leagues but add a whole shitload of fake ones which we can modify and create the leagues and teams we want.

Well that's not what's happening on the last picture with Wilshere is it ?

I know. I was just joking with that picture man :)

There's nothing wrong with Wilshiere there.

Wilson: Gamers won’t always fork out $60 for FIFA updates

EA Sports’ senior vice president of worldwide development Andrew Wilson has said FIFA’s not far from shedding its annual update business model.

“I think the most convenient way for the consumer to get 7GB worth of FIFA these days is still to buy it on a disc. That will change,” Wilson told GamesIndustry at Develop.

“There will come a time where the consumer is simply not prepared to pay $60 up-front for a game anymore, the same way they have said that for movies and music and television.”

In his Develop presentation, Wilson outlined Football Club, a new service granting players a single, persistant online identity across every version of FIFA on every platform. This connectedness will eventually replace FIFA’s famous annual releases, Wilson said.

“Football Club this year is turning the FIFA you buy on a disc into a live service that changes every day and every week that you play,” he said.

“Over time, based on consumer feedback, those chunks that we deliver on that day-to-day, week-to-week basis are going to get bigger, and the releases that we do on an annual basis are going to get smaller, and ultimately you end up in a place where we are delivering a true, consumer-driven live digital service.”

Not that EA Sports doesn’t intend to keep pushing the boundaries with graphics, features and performance when it can.

“The things we’re doing today on PlayStation 3 we never thought we could do on the PlayStation 2 because we never thought we’d have the processing power to do them,” the executive noted.

“The granularity and the finesse in the game now is largely a result of increased processing power, so when I think about the future and ask, can we make a better game? I don’t know, but technology will certainly help.”

Wilson outlined his mildly whimsical dreams for the future of FIFA.

“I have two big dreams: one that I think will come true, and one that I think won’t,” he said.

“The one that I think will come true is that through technology we’ll be able to put full control of the game experience in the hand of the consumer; that they govern what we build, how we build it, what they play and how they play it. I think that’s the shift, and we get much better data now than we ever did before, through online connectivity, that allows us to fine-tune the experience to their demands.

“The second dream is that what I do in my FIFA game actually affects the real world. I would love it if I played well with Chelsea on Friday night, that they play better on Sunday. I don’t think that one happens, but the first one does.”

What is that last dream about... why even say that? Why say you think it won't, rather than it obviously bloody won't??

Ah well.

Wow...not been on here for ages, the bitterness surrounding City's deal with EA is astounding.

Sad.

I think it's more to do with the fact that nobody knows the details of whether money changed hands etc. etc. so they're just reacting inappropriately because it's not their team. Personally I have no issue with it.

I think it's more to do with the fact that nobody knows the details of whether money changed hands etc. etc. so they're just reacting inappropriately because it's not their team. Personally I have no issue with it.

I wouldn't have put you in that bracket, Placebo, apologies if you thought I did. You have always been a more rational member, and one who sees FIFA without any tinted spectacles.

Naah I'm too outspoken for my own good, which is why I got myself fired as a data editor this week :(

But in this instance I was just commenting on your observation in general really, not that I saw it aimed at me :)

Naah I'm too outspoken for my own good, which is why I got myself fired as a data editor this week :(

But in this instance I was just commenting on your observation in general really, not that I saw it aimed at me :)

Does that mean Sheffield Wednesday is going to be all fucked up now? :))

It's only you that cares about them anyway ;))

Sorry to here that mate, why did they 'sack' you?

How many times have the gamechangers tried the game, and when is the next time you'll get to play it? I was thinking it would be nice to hear if there is any progress in the right direction. Will you play it before gamescom, otherwise I guess the next impressions will be from there in a month.

(a) Twice, at the end of May and the recent one. The change from one to the other was pretty much just improving the impact engine, which was much better but still dodgy. Oh, and the buggy flair passing!

(b) No idea. We're hoping for something around Gamescom time.

Thank you. Doesn't seem that they listen to the sim crowd that much. Not sure they realize it's those people that took with them so many people with FIFA 08/09, like we have talked about here before.

It's interesting, because Jon Murphy actually talked about this not long ago, that they are focusing on the group leaders, that influence their friends what game to play. Most of us here are probably those people, I know myself that I have converted a lot of people to PES and the same when I got friends to switch over to FIFA 09. Right now the feeling is that we might get a "FIFA 08" shift now, with some of those people going back to PES (if PES actually turns out to be as good as it seems at the moment). Then we'll have a lag with 1-2 years until PES again is the game to like "if you know football", just like it used to be, and how people talk about FIFA these days (at least until last year).

It's frustrating with FIFA right now I think, there are so much good feedback that would help taking this game to another level. Do any of you insiders sit on NDA's about some good stuff coming up? I mean if one should hope for some good news, or if it's just about modes later on. Does anyone still talk with Gary Paterson? It would be interesting to hear what he has responded about some of the feedback.

Seems if you actually have game-changing advise they let you go. Great program.

I'm seriously expecting a game with AI that wants to participate this year considering how long this game-changers program has been running.

Thank you. Doesn't seem that they listen to the sim crowd that much. Not sure they realize it's those people that took with them so many people with FIFA 08/09, like we have talked about here before.

It's interesting, because Jon Murphy actually talked about this not long ago, that they are focusing on the group leaders, that influence their friends what game to play. Most of us here are probably those people, I know myself that I have converted a lot of people to PES and the same when I got friends to switch over to FIFA 09. Right now the feeling is that we might get a "FIFA 08" shift now, with some of those people going back to PES (if PES actually turns out to be as good as it seems at the moment). Then we'll have a lag with 1-2 years until PES again is the game to like "if you know football", just like it used to be, and how people talk about FIFA these days (at least until last year).

It's frustrating with FIFA right now I think, there are so much good feedback that would help taking this game to another level. Do any of you insiders sit on NDA's about some good stuff coming up? I mean if one should hope for some good news, or if it's just about modes later on. Does anyone still talk with Gary Paterson? It would be interesting to hear what he has responded about some of the feedback.

The thing is, what a lot of people are forgetting when they talk about another "shift" between FIFA and PES, is that FIFA has A LOT going for it beyond gameplay, from the licenses, to Clubs, to FUT, to the new EASC, to the VPs. You could say that EA consolidated its gains made on PES starting with 08 by hooking fans on their various services and assets that PES cannot provide, so even if the consensus becomes that PES has overtook FIFA in the gameplay department, it's almost like we have a situation where FIFA is too big to fail now.

As much as many of us would like to see Konami shock EA in the way NBA 2K did, the reality I'm afraid is that FIFA is quite secure in its dominance and I just don't see another shift occurring any time soon, except for the hardcore who value core gameplay above all the bells and whistles. I would absolutely love to see PES give FIFA some real competition, or another studio, whoever, but I don't see it happening. Especially without the licenses.

Do not underestimate the power of EA!

The thing is, what a lot of people are forgetting when they talk about another "shift" between FIFA and PES, is that FIFA has A LOT going for it beyond gameplay, from the licenses, to Clubs, to FUT, to the new EASC, to the VPs. You could say that EA consolidated its gains made on PES starting with 08 by hooking fans on their various services and assets that PES cannot provide, so even if the consensus becomes that PES has overtook FIFA in the gameplay department, it's almost like we have a situation where FIFA is too big to fail now.

As much as many of us would like to see Konami shock EA in the way NBA 2K did, the reality I'm afraid is that FIFA is quite secure in its dominance and I just don't see another shift occurring any time soon, except for the hardcore who value core gameplay above all the bells and whistles. I would absolutely love to see PES give FIFA some real competition, or another studio, whoever, but I don't see it happening. Especially without the licenses.

Do not underestimate the power of EA!

Yeah that's what's so annoying with PES, last time I updated everything with an optionfile, and added some generic championship teams to have a half decent ML. But after a few games I just couldn't be bothered with it. Just felt off. Obviously the lack of transition animations was a big part of it for me, and the lack of extra kicking animations (have seen another few toe-crosses and poke-passes with the latest vids...grrr) but the ML felt off aswell. I played the copa and enjoyed that, but once I got to "familiar" grounds it was all wrong. It was just too much work to suspend disbelief with all the factors combined.

Back
Top Bottom