FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Maybe they should forget about getting the licences for 5th divisions clubs and focus on making a solid game that has individuality for the top teams.

lol but wait... THERE'S MORE!

we'll see eh? Hopefully gameplay related. I think it's more to do with online though. A new feature for clubs probably.

25% of FIFA 12's features have yet to be announced: http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/07/19/fifa-12-features-to-be-revealed-at-gamescom/

The rest to be announced at Gamescom.

... Well, you'd have to imagine it's online stuff considering that online is what they've always held back on 'til Gamescom. Well, I'm intrigued, but not particularly optimistic that this will rekindle my excitement. If it's something for Clubs... pah it simply won't matter if they don't actually take care of the basics. Same with everything really.

johnny_on, gameklip two good members unfortunatley all bickering, why?

Simple. All because of EA's incompetence!

The way Micah Richards play football, I kinda understand where he's coming from.
Micah's football brain is as huge as an atom

Dude, the guy didn't even know who Micah Richards was :LOL: It was that bad!

New screen

5958257503_cd5fb99133_b.jpg

At least they are all focused on the ball this time. oh wait...

Has Wilshire seen Megan Fox topless or something? Anyway it's not too abnormal compared to the previous pictures.

I'm beginning to think it's the player models which give FIFA this 'cartoon' Look to it. In addition to the shadows not being harsh enough maybe. Too much saturation and contrast also.

Something really needs to be done about the player and kit models! I think EA would largely benefit by creating an actually body then modelling the kit over it. At the moment there is no 3d model for the players actual torso, pelvis and upper thighs. The kits is all built in to the arms.

Has Wilshire seen Megan Fox topless or something? Anyway it's not too abnormal compared to the previous pictures.

I'm beginning to think it's the player models which give FIFA this 'cartoon' Look to it. In addition to the shadows not being harsh enough maybe. Too much saturation and contrast also.

Something really needs to be done about the player and kit models! I think EA would largely benefit by creating an actually body then modelling the kit over it. At the moment there is no 3d model for the players actual torso, pelvis and upper thighs. The kits is all built in to the arms.

Haha good call. Or he was ordering his half time drink...

I agree about the colours. They look over the top and especially for most people who don't calibrate their TV's, the colours look even more washed out.

It's a pity, because if the lighting was more like PES, the game would look a whole lot better.

Nowt wrong with Fifa's graphics. At least they don't run like they have a back problem. Poor old messi looked like he had a crick in his back he was that hunched over in PES.

Maybe they should forget about getting the licences for 5th divisions clubs and focus on making a solid game that has individuality for the top teams.

See that's my problem with PES, it's all about the top teams... what about fans of football like myself who love the Championship or League 1? I gre up watching what is now League 1 football and I'm just as passionate as any top flight team fan, probably more so.

I'm pretty certain Chris (HandofBeadle) is a supporter of Brighton, Dave (a man who is very passionate about gaming and football is a Plymouth fan etc So what about us?

I think FIFAs biggest problem is that they do things on a bigger scale meaning the scaling is a lot harder to nail but I'd rather keep the lower leagues in the game than sacrifice them for more time and attention to be put on top teams.

I have to be honest, if PES had the Championship in it, I'd probably be a lot more interested in it as I love my club, not the top teams.

Subs for clubs.
You heard it here first.

I'm quite interested as to what your sources are. I spoke to David Rutter and a few of the FIFA devs about this and they seemed to be pretty certain that it would be a very difficult thing to implement because of the system they have in place.

I've never got why people say this, maybe it's because they are not aware of what they do on the football field or even they don't actually play football but when in a game I know my head doesn't stay focused on the ball all of the time, if it did then I would lose focus of what's going on around me, a player making an off the ball run, a player slipping into space etc

How do you not know that off shot to the left there is a Man City player in acres of space and it's a glance across to see this?

Now I know this is not real football so the chances of that being the actual reason are slim but the quick glances across field give realism in my opinion as that's what real footballers do, they glance to get a feel of where players are and then act upon it.

I don't know what I expected to read coming to these forums but my first impressions were good, football fans, not fans of one set game, I appear to have been wrong.

I hope for the sake of football gaming that both games are good and I'm not going to look for faults that aren't there just to validate choosing one game over the other. If PES is the better game then I'll be playing PES mostly, if FIFA is the better game then I'll be playing FIFA mostly.

Chances are I'll be playing FIFA for clubs and the occasional games of 1 vs 1 or Ultimate Team and playing PES for BAL and Master League.

I have to be honest, if PES had the Championship in it, I'd probably be a lot more interested in it as I love my club, not the top teams.
That's not an issue really. There are a bunch of OFs that add Championship teams in D2. It takes a couple hours but then you are set. Unless you ain't really bothered then that's a different case.

I think the graphics look really special, yes not perfect but i'm not complaining much, i thought Daytime graphics and lighting left a lot to be desired in previous games but now it's a real improvment from screens and impressions.

And i kind of agree with player models, whilst i think they are finally the best looking in the series yet and we've finally moved on from the Monkeys and Apes forms of yester year, i still can't help sense a certain lankyness about the models.. donna but something does look slighty off.

That's not an issue really. There are a bunch of OFs that add Championship teams in D2. It takes a couple hours but then you are set. Unless you ain't really bothered then that's a different case.

But it's still the same silly fantasy league structure, if PES enabled you to set up 4 divisions with promotion and relegation and 3 cup competitions plus European competitions, all edited with the names and such I would be interested in it, until then I have zero interest as I only want to play a football game as the team I support, maybe that's a weird view but that's how it is for me, Wednesday are sadly in L1 right now competing in the league, JPT/League Cup/FA Cup so a football game for me has to let me play a career mode/manager mode as my team, PES doesn't offer that, editing OF's or not.

But it's still the same silly fantasy league structure, if PES enabled you to set up 4 divisions with promotion and relegation and 3 cup competitions plus European competitions, all edited with the names and such I would be interested in it, until then I have zero interest as I only want to play a football game as the team I support, maybe that's a weird view but that's how it is for me, Wednesday are sadly in L1 right now competing in the league, JPT/League Cup/FA Cup so a football game for me has to let me play a career mode/manager mode as my team, PES doesn't offer that, editing OF's or not.

I was replying to BigZombieMonkey's post mentioning Championship, which imo shouldn't be a problem for him.

But in your case, it is a problem yes, and it's not a weird view at all. I'd most probably be the same if I was you, wanting to play with my home team and doing my best to take them to glory, and even if I don't, it's still good fun.

Nowt wrong with Fifa's graphics. At least they don't run like they have a back problem. Poor old messi looked like he had a crick in his back he was that hunched over in PES.

See that's my problem with PES, it's all about the top teams... what about fans of football like myself who love the Championship or League 1? I gre up watching what is now League 1 football and I'm just as passionate as any top flight team fan, probably more so.

I'm pretty certain Chris (HandofBeadle) is a supporter of Brighton, Dave (a man who is very passionate about gaming and football is a Plymouth fan etc So what about us?

I think FIFAs biggest problem is that they do things on a bigger scale meaning the scaling is a lot harder to nail but I'd rather keep the lower leagues in the game than sacrifice them for more time and attention to be put on top teams.

Well PES is very different compared to FIFA in that PES bis built to be edited, FIFA is built to be played straight away as a package. Download G.T.M patch. With the full Bristol City team on there and 18 championship teams :) .
I've never got why people say this, maybe it's because they are not aware of what they do on the football field or even they don't actually play football but when in a game I know my head doesn't stay focused on the ball all of the time, if it did then I would lose focus of what's going on around me, a player making an off the ball run, a player slipping into space etc

How do you not know that off shot to the left there is a Man City player in acres of space and it's a glance across to see this?

Now I know this is not real football so the chances of that being the actual reason are slim but the quick glances across field give realism in my opinion as that's what real footballers do, they glance to get a feel of where players are and then act upon it.

I played mostly as a center back when i play football, i know this more than anyone! When i was younger i used to watch European games and see how they used to defend on the continent and i did pick up a habit of just solely focusing on the opposition player i was marking rather than looking at the ball.

I remember the last match i played i came up against the pretty good striker who kept dropping deep all over the place so he was hard to pick up and man mark. At times i would really just focus solely on him, and close him down quickly when got the ball.

Anyway what your missing is that in the picture there. Wilshiere's focus isn't abnormally wrong actually. It's very likely like you say there's another city player steaming in, he's focusing on. I was making a joke in reference to the earlier screenshots where there was a lot wrong and players stupidly staring into space.

I don't know what I expected to read coming to these forums but my first impressions were good, football fans, not fans of one set game, I appear to have been wrong.

It's a new for you forum and there's a lot of character to many of the members here's it think your misinterpreting a few arguments that's all.

it's a million miles away from the EA forums with morons who don't even know who Micah Richards is and say he knows nothing about football whatsoever!

It's not as 'fantasy' as it used to be! It's just a very basic league structure. Before it was all that League A, League B stuff, i understand but Now all the leagues are properly set up!

I agree though, i can see how you will stick with FIFA because it has the team you support. I mean you could create Wednesday and put hem on Master League online or offline but I'd assume you want to play against Tramere, Olhdam, Leyton Orinet etc.. :LOL:

Yeah exactly, I want to be meeting the real life opponents, I played PES' fantasy ML for years and years but it just got boring, at least with Fifa there's lots of stuff going on in terms of promotion/relegation/cup tournaments etc. etc.

I know, I've used some of them but it means I have to lose teams to gain them. I don't see why I should sacrifice teams to gain the teams I want and I also think the balancing seemed off to me when I tried it.

PES has the advantage of a better editing system but FIFA doesn't really need to edit that much as most is already in.

I'd rather have more teams than less but that's personal preference and I wouldn't force it on anybody.

Well PES is very different compared to FIFA in that PES bis built to be edited, FIFA is built to be played straight away as a package. Download G.T.M patch. With the full Bristol City team on there and 18 championship teams :) .
Again, it's better than nothing but 18 teams, the Championship is 24 teams, not 18. It's nice that the fans and community make these patches and I respect them for doing it but when it comes to the Championship I want 24 teams, promotion and relegation and the full amount of 46 games.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't what stops me from converting fully to PES, I still love PES, I just don't think it meets my needs. It more than meets my needs with regards to Become a Legend, I honestly think BAL makes BAP on FIFA look embarrassing but when it comes to online I'm just not interested and those stupid pop up things like "good goal" and so on irritate the living bejesus out of me.

To me PES is the ultimate single player top tier football experience but that is a very small area of what I want to do with a football game, I want the online clubs, I want multiple real leagues with full league rosters etc.

This to me is a big issue, in both games, but specifically for FIFA, I'd really like to see EA make better use of all the "less-popular" clubs and leagues. Unlike you, I don't have an allegiance to a lower league club but for me the best way to enjoy CM is to start at the bottom - whether it's ML or CM, the greatest joy for me has always been in raising a little club to the top, but neither game fully exploits this experience as it should.

Also, something I'd really like CM to do in the near future is find a way to better utilize all the leagues that are only single divisions in FIFA - I would think it's a pretty solid assumption that most CM careers take place in the leagues with multiple divisions, i.e. those with relegation/promotion possibilities, but this means that most of the clubs in CM are vastly underutilized. There are still a few leagues that in all my years I have yet to manage a club.

I'm not sure how this should be done exactly, though of course the simplest option would be to increase the number of leagues with multiple divisions. Another possibility that could be intriguing is to add a new feature that allows us to create our own custom multi-tiered leagues from all the leftover clubs or leagues in the game - basically somewhat like how we can create our own tournaments in tournament mode. As someone who loves variety and who doesn't choose his CM careers based on any particular allegiance, I kinda like this idea.

Anyways, Spike, you are by no means alone with wishing that both games focused a little bit more on improving the experience of playing with teams outside the top-tier. Like Placebo and you have said, it's a massive boost for EA that FIFA have so many lower clubs and leagues, and set-up in realistic formats, ready to go on release day - as much as I enjoy PES, as I get older and things like family and job responsibilities get only greater, the less time and energy I feel like spending on mucking around with option files.

I don't agree with the theory about FIFA can't have individuality in the same level as PES because they have more teams. It's just about having a solid foundation, then all you do is handing out a bunch of attributes to players. It's not like PES has made anything special with the top side players (if they have I stand corrected), it's just attributes and card/abilities like FIFA have too.

To me both games lack individuality in what is to me one of the biggest things in football and that is ball control. I don't know about FIFA these days, but PES has OK for first touches (but not good enough), so you can notice difference this way between players. But controlling the ball while moving around is to me horrible in both games because it's too perfect. Messi might have shorter touches, but it's still the same perfect/predictable touch all the time. To me you should notice difference in players just jogging around with the ball, because the amount of "bad" touches they have. A bad touch doesn't mean it will end up really bad, it's just different error in length and direction, sometimes a little error doesn't matter. This also gives us more realistic movement, because you don't run the exact same speed with the ball in real life, you have to adjust the speed according to the quality of the touch you just made (to link up correct foot to ball). Making next touch with the weak foot also up the chance of some error in length and direction. This stuff is really important for individuality to me.

Maybe if I keep moaning about this long enough more people will agree with me so that both games implement this. FIFA also have to implement the preferred foot dribbling, also a very important thing in individuality. Like I wrote in PES thread too, this to me is also the solution for speedy players, they don't have to be nerfed in speed, they just need error in their touches while sprinting.

I've never truly understood why some people critics an image when they see x player not looking at the ball.In real football, you don't look only at the ball from start to end.

Back
Top Bottom