FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

This guy on the EA forum.

'erengurkan'

He said this after watching the video there with Micha Richards vs the Vancouver Whitecaps guy on FIFA:

Yes, Micha Richards knows Nothing about soccer according to this guy :CONFUSE:

He's only a full international and Premier League player? Nope, he knows nothing!

I think the fact he didn't know who Micha Richards is speaks volumes in itself!

Just for fun mate, think like this : Micha does not know if he should press run trigger for his team mate to make good run for spaces.. :SMUG:

Would love to see what rutter can bring in the demo what have been fedback by one or two good/enthusiast people outhere. That surely not the one that "OMG transfer deadline is amazing, can't wait all over twitter"

They surely don't have much time to play video games also.

I'm taking a wild guess here but I reckon they have a lot more time on their hands to do what they want to do than what Joe Public has. Home early afternoon most days of the week. Yeah, I know they have travelling to games etc. but two quiet afternoons a week gives them more time than what the average family guy has to have a mess about in virtual land. A lot of these pros take their consoles to hotels with them too when playing away... Giggsy doesn't obviously as he's busy "playing away" :)

Anyway, ingame, who cares if the players faces look lifelike? I don't care about the cutscenes. They get skipped asap.

Loads of people in here have played football for longer than Micah Richards has been a live. Just because they ain't pros, doesn't mean they know nothing about the game so agree that being a Pro doesn't mean you know more about things. As we all know, there are some right shit pros. Lucky for them, somebody saw something in them. God knows what sometimes. Probably because they are big and athletic. More technically gifted players in UK get looked over. That's why UK teams are miles behind others on the national side of things.

I'm taking a wild guess here but I reckon they have a lot more time on their hands to do what they want to do than what Joe Public has. Home early afternoon most days of the week. Yeah, I know they have travelling to games etc. but two quiet afternoons a week gives them more time than what the average family guy has to have a mess about in virtual land. A lot of these pros take their consoles to hotels with them too when playing away... Giggsy doesn't obviously as he's busy "playing away" :)

Mate, you forget these guys have 2-3 events I'd say every week where sponsors or media take them for all sorts of PR stuff. So I'd say their lies are pretty hectic! Not to mention the sex with the page 3 models and wives etc..

I don't think they really care much about how realistic a video game is. Like with Lewis Hamilton, they use it to relax. They aren't like us who want intense tight games! It's pure banter an relaxation with them.

Anyway, ingame, who cares if the players faces look lifelike? I don't care about the cutscenes. They get skipped asap.

Loads of people in here have played football for longer than Micah Richards has been a live. Just because they ain't pros, doesn't mean they know nothing about the game so agree that being a Pro doesn't mean you know more about things. As we all know, there are some right shit pros. Lucky for them, somebody saw something in them. God knows what sometimes. Probably because they are big and athletic. More technically gifted players in UK get looked over. That's why UK teams are miles behind others on the national side of things.

I wouldn't care if it was called PES/Total Football/Sega soccer but the fact they have the licence and the ability means we should be getting a lot more than we do. That they only put forth this effort due to Man City's wallet is embarrassing imo.

Authenticity is their main selling point and the two champions league finalists have less recogniseable players in their squads than Man City. That there is a problem.

I've given up gameplay-wise. Notice even ea have stopped showing vids of their game making a succession of passes in a row, the nuts and bolts of any football match. That's pretty telling.

We can only hope manager mode is somewhat engaging this year now that they've "given back" moral, "reiterated" shielding and tactical dribble with RT & LT and ofcourse the re-introduction of "online world cup" and "interactive league" mode in EA SPORTS FOOTBALL CLUB :YAWN:

Just saying.

Last edited:
Mate, you forget these guys have 2-3 events I'd say every week where sponsors or media take them for all sorts of PR stuff. So I'd say their lies are pretty hectic! Not to mention the sex with the page 3 models and wives etc..

The top players maybe... not all pros though. They have loads of spare time to mess about doing other bits and bobs. Life of riley the jammy sods :)

I wouldn't care if it was called PES/Total Football/Sega soccer but the fact they have the licence and the ability means we should be getting a lot more than we do. That they only put forth this effort due to Man City's wallet is embarrassing imo.

Authenticity is their main selling point and the two champions league finalists have less recogniseable players in their squads than Man City. That there is a problem.

It's all a nice to have imo. Like I said, when you are just playing the game in Tele cam (or whatever), you can't see their faces anyway. It's no biggy to me. Get the gameplay right first instead of all the bells and whistles.

Mr. Rutter even went as far to say that the AI is the last thing that goes in". It's the most important part of a football game imo. Sensible soccer is seriously a more intelligent game of football than FIFA11.

It's the last thing they "tune" I believe is what he said.

And it makes sense if you think about it. It's only when you have the game near the end of the cycle can you dial in adjustments to the AI. I mean without all of the game mechanics for the AI to use what exactly are you going to program in to the AI?

As a side note am I the only one that see's overlapping run's in FIFA 11? Many a time Clichy or Alves or Rafael will go past me for a layoff?

Granted it looks better in PES this year than anything EA has or has shown with regards to player movement.

My fullbacks overlap all the time, it's a lot to do with how you move with the ball when you're the winger, if you run full pelt down the wing the fullbacks will generally stay back to cover, when I see a fullback of mine start a run I move my winger a little infield and slow him down to shield the ball before playing a throughball into space for my fullback, I score loads of goals with crosses from my overlapping fullbacks.

And it makes sense if you think about it. It's only when you have the game near the end of the cycle can you dial in adjustments to the AI. I mean without all of the game mechanics for the AI to use what exactly are you going to program in to the AI?

As a side note am I the only one that see's overlapping run's in FIFA 11? Many a time Clichy or Alves or Rafael will go past me for a layoff?

Granted it looks better in PES this year than anything EA has or has shown with regards to player movement.

Thing is the way Rutter mentioned it was clearly desperate. We aren't stupid. He should know by saying they are leaving the AI till the end means that they aren't taking it seriously and they aren't making any significant changes to the AI commands which we have been requesting for how many fucking years now.

PES, and every other Sports game will tweak their AI towards the very end to make sure nothing abnormal comes up. That dosen't even need to be said.

Him passing off AI questions and saying we'll leave that till the end is pathetic! There's no hiding from that!

fucking EA....barça is most important than m.city..

where is The face of pedro, busquets,afellay,adriano..??

milner? hart? pfffff

...and you just know FIFA12 will drop with the same brain-dead AI that don't move unless poked with a molten cattle-prod.

I'll apologise right here if that is not the case.

Placebo: I've seen that in my games too except it's all too hit and miss. I literally have a better chance coaxing Blake Lively into my bedroom than getting Evra to bomb down the flank past a patientlly wwaiting Valencia (or who EA would believe to be Valencia).

Don't get me wrong there are moments in FIFA when you see some decent runs only to be thwarted by a 2nd division defence with Dr. Xavier-like abilities (single player).

Thing is the way Rutter mentioned it was clearly desperate. We aren't stupid. He should know by saying they are leaving the AI till the end means that they aren't taking it seriously and they aren't making any significant changes to the AI commands which we have been requesting for how many fucking years now.

PES, and every other Sports game will tweak their AI towards the very end to make sure nothing abnormal comes up. That dosen't even need to be said.

Him passing off AI questions and saying we'll leave that till the end is pathetic! There's no hiding from that!

I think you are reading way to much in to "how he said it" to be honest Klash.

You have to remember that each of the changes are directly related to the AI. Vision, dribbling, contextual control, defending, shooting, impact engine. Will all have new AI routines developed to understand the new mechanic.

The AI tuning at the end will be mostly for balance I would imagine and some minor improvements (on top of the sweeping improvements that would of been needed for the other new/changes in the gameplay)

But those are all allowances or bedding for the new technology. The purpose of making those changes is not to improve the AI, with the exception of the vision tech (which barely scratches the surface of what people want changed).

I agree with both sides - you can see why they need the tools the AI will be using to be finished first, but at the same time the sorts of changes the AI need are more sizeable than tweaks and tunings. Certainly there's no reason why EA couldn't roughly fix the defensive lines or make improvements to off the ball intelligence earlier in the process and then fine tune from there.. There's also the matter that the AI should be a driver for a lot of changes in the gameplay tools being used in the first place.

I don't like Man City buying their way in to fifa12. Why should 1 team have extra features and special attention.

Totally agree. EA and Manchester City seem very suited to eachother IMO. Adding something like this, and releasing a video sums up the way the FIFA series has gone unfortunately.

I've never had problems getting fullbacks to overlap in Fifa 11. Especially those with High or Medium attacking work-rate.

Make them an RWB/LWB with a forward arrow if absolutely necessary.

On the subject of off-the-ball movement, I think it's only frustrating if you are expecting instant runs. If you are stuck in that repetitive cycle of pass-turn-pass-turn and expect to move the ball immediately. Delay on the ball instead for a few moments and something will develop.

But those are all allowances or bedding for the new technology. The purpose of making those changes is not to improve the AI, with the exception of the vision tech (which barely scratches the surface of what people want changed).

I agree with both sides - you can see why they need the tools the AI will be using to be finished first, but at the same time the sorts of changes the AI need are more sizeable than tweaks and tunings. Certainly there's no reason why EA couldn't roughly fix the defensive lines or make improvements to off the ball intelligence earlier in the process and then fine tune from there.. There's also the matter that the AI should be a driver for a lot of changes in the gameplay tools being used in the first place.

It's very circular Rom, but things like the defensive lines are "balanced" AFAIK based on how the game plays with all the features in so that they can condense reasonable believability in terms of a condensed amount of game time.

I guess it needs breaking out in to various AI aspects. Player positioning could be difficult to do when you don't have "tactical" defending working correctly. Conversely player runs could be worked on earlier (and AI variance in playing patterns) although again wouldn't you need to understand how the impact engine will change the potential outcomes and options.

I don't make video games so maybe the way they do it works for them and the code base they have to work with.

Just read this: http://www.sweetpatch.tv/index.cfm?articleid=7181 "FIFA 12 Career Mode as a Beginner" and one thing I really didn't like the sound of:

our star player stared complaining he was unhappy. The next thing I knew the board insisted we sold him as he was disrupting things and the next thing I knew he was gone. My top rated player gone without me being able to do anything. The joys of football management.

Sure maybe it's realistic that a player may be sold without the manager's consent but I really don't want this to happen in the game to be honest, it should be my choice as the manager whether I sell an unhappy player or try to persevere with him. Imagine if you're a ManUtd fan and the board sell off Wayne Rooney, how happy would you be to continue playing Fifa? Or Gerrard at Liverpool etc. etc.

I don't like Man City buying their way in to fifa12. Why should 1 team have extra features and special attention.

Amazing how gamers see it one way and fans see it another.

There are very strong rumours (by people close to the club) that the only money involved in this partnership went City's way not the other way around. With EA gettingsome advertising etc and even branded gamestations for pre-match games for City fans to play etc.

They'll be more of these deals with other clubs and no doubt and when Arsenal get DLC i'm sure you'll be moaning and whinging about that....

Remember, nothing has changed in your retail copy... Emirates still in there and faces all things City didn't have last year.... the minute we get something similar... its all about money.

Great to be a blue....

Queue arguments about history....

Slightly naive? You bet. Your telling me, City get nothing, nada, zero? Apart from some advertising, most of which was in there anyway as the team is licensed anyway.

No my friend, theres always reasons behind deals and theres always money to be made one way or another.

And why Man City? Manchester City are relatively new to the circle of so called big boys, if you want to call it that. You'd get so much more from a deal with Barca, Real, man U, Inter, Liverpool for example.

Something doesnt add up, and EA need to watch they dont upset their buyers.

And if it comes out that City get a small slice of profits from this to benefit the fair play rules, consumers and fans of other clubs will not be happy. It wouldnt surprise me if they didn't announce the full details of the deal if this was the case as rival clubs fans will be putting profit into one club.

Watch this space.

If anyone is overdue a real face in Fifa it's surely James Milner? 9 years in the top flight, nearing 250 EPL appearances, 46 England U21 caps, 19 England senior caps, £20m in transfers, etc. etc.

Amazing how gamers see it one way and fans see it another.

There are very strong rumours (by people close to the club) that the only money involved in this partnership went City's way not the other way around. With EA gettingsome advertising etc and even branded gamestations for pre-match games for City fans to play etc.

They'll be more of these deals with other clubs and no doubt and when Arsenal get DLC i'm sure you'll be moaning and whinging about that....

Remember, nothing has changed in your retail copy... Emirates still in there and faces all things City didn't have last year.... the minute we get something similar... its all about money.

Great to be a blue....

Queue arguments about history....

Completly agree with u...

I would love to see Everton getting the same love but besides that its just great to have one more EPL stadium and another team with full real faces. Actually im aways happy with any new faces added to the game.

I just wish theyd give Fellaini his real face ehehehhe

To the Barcelona fan: How do u know Pedro wont have his real face? is there any screenshot showing him with generic face once more?

Last edited:
Slightly naive? You bet. Your telling me, City get nothing, nada, zero? Apart from some advertising, most of which was in there anyway as the team is licensed anyway.

No my friend, theres always reasons behind deals and theres always money to be made one way or another.

And why Man City? Manchester City are relatively new to the circle of so called big boys, if you want to call it that. You'd get so much more from a deal with Barca, Real, man U, Inter, Liverpool for example.

Something doesnt add up, and EA need to watch they dont upset their buyers.

How would they get more from those teams you listed? EA cant offer them anything as those teams have their stadiums and faces in the game already...

Like i say, the minute we get something the others have had for years... Everyone cries...

Right now City want all the exposure they can get this is another way of getting it.

Also how does this upset EA's buyers'? I've been buying this shit for years with Old Trafford etc in the game, and Shrek on the cover...

Talk about overblown

How would they get more from those teams you listed? EA cant offer them anything as those teams have their stadiums and faces in the game already...

Like i say, the minute we get something the others have had for years... Everyone cries...

Right now City want all the exposure they can get this is another way of getting it.

Also how does this upset EA's buyers'? I've been buying this shit for years with Old Trafford etc in the game, and Shrek on the cover...

Talk about overblown

Exactly... thats how things go for god sakes, City is a big gun now weather plp like it or not.... or u think that if it wasnt for Abramovich we would have Stamford Bridge in the game??!

Back
Top Bottom