FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

It's not a first as I recall, a previous Fifa title back in the PC days had two colour commentators, I think Chris Waddle and Ally McCoist maybe? First commentator was always the same but second was randomly different.

Great news anyways, shame about Andy Townsend being one of them as he's an utter cunt but good that it's changed a bit, hope you can choose random so it's one or the other English teams rather than just one for every match or just the other?

Edit: It was Fifa 99 apparently:

FIFA 99
* Tagline: "All the Clubs, Leagues and Cups"
* Title song: "The Rockafeller Skank (Remix)" by Fatboy Slim
* Released for: Windows, PlayStation, Nintendo 64
* Release date: 10 June 1998
* Cover player: Dennis Bergkamp (UK/Holland), Jason Kreis (USA)
* Commentators: John Motson
* Co-commentators: Mark Lawrenson and Chris Waddle
* Introductions by: Des Lynam and Gary Lineker

Last edited:
"shame about Andy Townsend being one of them as he's an utter cunt"

:LMAO:

I take it you weren't a fan of ITV's Andy Townsend fronted 'tactics truck' when they briefly had the Premiership coverage then....:CONFUSE:

I hate his incorrect pluralisation of the word goal, as in "they need to get more shots on goals" or "he took a quick glance at the goals but there was no shot on", for that he is a cunt and will always be a cunt, nothing else against him :)

Had a word with one of my EA colleagues about it on MSN!

Paul, 30/06/2011 15:18:47:
Please ensure Andy Townsend doesn't say "goals" when he means goal as in "they had more shots on goal", I hate him for that

Unnamed EA Person @ EA, 15:19:14:
so he says, 'They have more shots on goals"?

Paul, 15:21:55:
Indeed

Paul, 15:22:09:
"He tried to get a shot on goals but the defender held him off" etc. etc.

Paul, 15:22:19:
One of this little pet peeves that makes me nutty!

Paul, 15:22:41:
Probably too late though as I'm sure they will mostly recycle old commentary to save money

Unnamed EA Person @ EA, 15:26:08:
i'll forwward this on - cheers!

Paul, 15:26:12:
lol

Paul, 15:27:02:
Oh and most importantly can we have either a random option or alternate so it's not one commentary team every match until we change it ourselves, this was done for fifa99 as the co commentators were Chris Waddle and Mark Lawrenson and it was random/alternate for each match :)

Paul, 15:27:36:
English Comm Team 1
English Comm Team 2
English Random

Would be perfect in the audio options ;)

Unnamed EA Person @ EA, 15:27:47:
we shall see :)

Yeah I was thinking that as well as an alternate, Martin Tyler & Alan Smith for league matches and Clive Tyldesley & Andy "cunt" Townsend for cup matches.

A few comments from that video too;

3 goals purely from headers exactly why i HATE chelsea on fifa 11 everyone that plays with them only beats me by headers and i use real madrid too.

+2 thumbs up :YAWN:

Hjerpseth and FifaRalle are the best.Not these...

There is absolutely no chance Fifa are going to release a simulation game of football when their target audience is THIS fucking stupid.

Look at Heikki's video's. I love to watch them and he's a top bloke but some of the goals he scores with average players, I don't think would be as easy on assisted settings.

I think he's a bit of a idiot if I'm honest!

There is absolutely no chance Fifa are going to release a simulation game of football when their target audience is THIS fucking stupid.

I give it to the nerds in that video, they can actually defend. Much better than all of those skill monkeys!

Btw that match was just typically dull. Goals where very predictable and the formations, so rigid. It's also table football like! They where really intensely playing FIFAball with chipped lobbed balls being the order of the day! No creativity whatsoever! Looking for the 'zones'!!

Last edited:
That's the way to win, though. Doing anything else & you're actively making the experience more difficult for yourself. You could easily just lob through ball, cross & head towards goal regardless of opposition or control method. The game is fundamentally broken.

Looking forward to PES more this year. Fifa is so stale at the mo. TEA need a kick up the arse. Such amazing visuals (animations), wasted on braindead AI.

I hope PES hype isn't typical GUFF though.

I think he's a bit of a idiot if I'm honest!

lol - fair enough. I know his goals seem to be a lot of pass and move but I like the variety. At least he scores some well worked team goals and when I've spoken to him he's been cool.

I give it to the nerds in that video, they can actually defend. Much better than all of those skill monkeys!

I couldn't watch the whole thing but I started laughing when the commentator yells great defensive work in the first couple of minutes when all that happened was the cross was misplaced and hit straight at the defender. Nothing brilliant about being able to clear a ball that's hit straight at you lol

lol - fair enough. I know his goals seem to be a lot of pass and move but I like the variety. At least he scores some well worked team goals and when I've spoken to him he's been cool.

I lost all respect from him after this and his baby like deleting of my comments:
YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 online beta gameplay #1

Sorry but worst game ever? it was a beta! What did he expect? The deleting of my commets as well. He's a baby!

Anyway moving on, is it just me or are the ball physics much better in the beta compared to the full game?

I couldn't watch the whole thing but I started laughing when the commentator yells great defensive work in the first couple of minutes when all that happened was the cross was misplaced and hit straight at the defender. Nothing brilliant about being able to clear a ball that's hit straight at you lol

The commentary was, pretty, passive to be fair :LOL: I watched the whole video, it was a dreadful game. it was a typical tackle fest but what i was mildly impressed was both players jockeyed to defend! They where only partly pressuring like mad!

Haha fair enough. I think I saw that youtube video a while back actually and I think if he played the game for longer he would enjoy it. You can't play it like you play FIFA. To some purely FIFA only players, change is worse than a holiday haha

I won't bother watching the whole video but fair enough. And yes the ball physics were better. I downloaded the demo on PC last week and wow, it's day and night lol

I lost all respect from him after this and his baby like deleting of my comments:
YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 online beta gameplay #1

Sorry but worst game ever? it was a beta! What did he expect? The deleting of my commets as well. He's a baby!

Anyway moving on, is it just me or are the ball physics much better in the beta compared to the full game?

Wow.. Gameplay looks much better here than the full game just like I remember it. This is the game that I loved and enjoyed. I was waiting eagerly for the full game because of this. It looks more organic and speed was better.

Anyway, This is the Fifa thread. Lets not hijack it and get too off-topic. Whoever wants to discuss this further please copy paste the youtube clip to the PES 2011 thread and chat about it over there.

Thanks!

I just want to know two things;

1) Will this vision affect manual controls?

2) More importantly, will this mean passing inaccuracy, (and not just speed), is evident now?

I highly doubt either of these points.

Looks impressive that video, much more than anything i've seen! Although, with Park at the end, the vision opened out so if there still is not any effect of the accuracy of passes this could be a again barley noticeable!

Last edited:
Exactly. I doubt this will have any bearing on human players too. It'll still be far too easy to get 1v1 following an easy through ball again.

I guess it will at least affect human players in the sense that teammates off the ball alter their runs depending on the ball-carrier's Vision. The runner kept going when Fabregas had it, but abandoned the run when Park had it.

I highly doubt either of these points.
Aren't they the same point?

I guess it will at least affect human players in the sense that teammates off the ball alter their runs depending on the ball-carrier's Vision. The runner kept going when Fabregas had it, but abandoned the run when Park had it.

Well that I'm not so hopeful on! So if i play with an average team my players won't bother to run whatsoever and if i play with Arsenal with Cesc (he won't be there but I'm taking now etc..) i will have easy through balls?

EA really have to get this right!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom