FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I have no problem with there being arcade-style football games - in fact I enjoyed Virtua Striker years ago and that's as arcadey as it gets.

What annoys me is how seriously FIFA takes itself, how EA and the media laud it as a simulation, and somehow the public fall for it.

There is and always will be a place for a pick-up-and-play mickey-mouse football game like FIFA, I just wish they'd stop trying to tell us it's realistic when it blatantly isn't.

I have no problem with there being arcade-style football games - in fact I enjoyed Virtua Striker years ago and that's as arcadey as it gets.

What annoys me is how seriously FIFA takes itself, how EA and the media laud it as a simulation, and somehow the public fall for it.

There is and always will be a place for a pick-up-and-play mickey-mouse football game like FIFA, I just wish they'd stop trying to tell us it's realistic when it blatantly isn't.

This.

And who said it was all about the money ? Shame on them.... :CONFUSE:

But seriously, fair-play. If they can get away with it, more fool the consumer.

Ha, I was actually considering trying this out a month or two after release. They can go finger themselves instead if this is how they behave.

Ultimate Edition:
MCV understands that the Ultimate Edition itself includes access to 24 gold packs of DLC for the first six months that will constantly update teams, squads and fitness.
Interestingly, GAME has said that the SKU can be pre-ordered for £44.99 – that's £10 less than the normal version's full RRP.
WTF??? Waste of money for people that don't play UT. If you play UT I guess it's a good deal with 44.99.

The use of 'gold packs' is misleading, but I'm lead to believe it's not the 'gold packs' you get in UT - rather downloadable packs to affect the whole game.

And PES is more sim like than FIFA because... youre saying it right? You should visit a doctor, because youre obsessed with FIFA and EA. You dont like a game but have to write 10 posts a day to its forum. Thats not normal:BYE:

And PES is more sim like than FIFA because... youre saying it right? You should visit a doctor, because youre obsessed with FIFA and EA. You dont like a game but have to write 10 posts a day to its forum. Thats not normal:BYE:
Obvious troll is obvious.
emoticon_trollface.gif

And FIFA isn't an arcade game, btw.
Well it's pretty much the opposite of a simulation - the word generally used for such games is "arcadey", so yeah, it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the standard RRP £50? And everywhere sells the game for £40, claiming to save you £10?

So this is actually a £5 increase, not £15?

Nah, it isn't.
In the two posts you're trying to make this point, you're completely failing to provide any explanation whatsoever. :FAIL:

FIFA isn't realistic, it's massively exaggerated in certain areas for the sake of a smooth and entertaining game, therefore making it arcadey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Err this is a "special edition" of a game, special editions cost more than the standard edition...

Where does it say that the RRP quoted is for the Ultimate Edition? There doesn't seem any room for doubt in the CVG or EG articles - the RRP and the Ultimate editions are separate from each other.

In the two posts you're trying to make this point, you're completely failing to provide any explanation whatsoever. :FAIL:

FIFA isn't realistic, it's massively exaggerated in certain areas for the sake of a smooth and entertaining game, therefore making it arcadey.
I don't need to provide examples to prove that FIFA isn't an arcade game. It quite clearly isnt, and if your bias towards PES wasn't so high, then you'd know exactly the same.

PES isn't a simulation, FIFA isn't arcade, both come somewhere in between. Obviously you'd place PES more towards the simulation end, and so would I (just), but I wouldn't put FIFA anywhere near arcade. You use the term arcade to describe FIFA solely as a put-down.

Back
Top Bottom