FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Err this is a "special edition" of a game, special editions cost more than the standard edition...

People are getting way to carried away with their irrational hatred for a bit of plastic that hasn't even come out yet.

It's a SE. who cares? Judging by their posts they aren't buying it anyways so what's the crisis? :CONFUSE:

ramog: the clue is in the title of their article. no one knows the standard edition price yet.

I don't need to provide examples to prove that FIFA isn't an arcade game. It quite clearly isnt, and if your bias towards PES wasn't so high, then you'd know exactly the same.

PES isn't a simulation, FIFA isn't arcade, both come somewhere in between. Obviously you'd place PES more towards the simulation end, and so would I (just), but I wouldn't put FIFA anywhere near arcade. You use the term arcade to describe FIFA solely as a put-down.
YouTube - FIFA 11 - "Warfare II" Online Goals Compilation

A game that allows this style of play is an arcade game in my opinion.

And how is calling it arcade a put-down? I said at the top of the last page that I used to enjoy Virtua Striker despite it being the ultimate in arcade football.
I now prefer not to play such games, but that doesn't mean that any arcade game is automatically a bad one - I appreciate that FIFA could be fun for some people, but it is very much on the arcade side and I fail to see how it could be regarded otherwise.

You can call me biased if you like, but I know I'm not, simply calling it as I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

And how is calling it arcade a put-down? I said at the top of the last page that I used to enjoy Virtua Striker despite it being the ultimate in arcade football.
I now prefer not to play such games, but that doesn't mean that any arcade game is automatically a bad one - I appreciate that FIFA could be fun for some people, but it is very much on the arcade side and I fail to see how it could be regarded otherwise.

You can call me biased if you like, but I know I'm not, simply calling it as I see it.[/QUOTE]

You can call me biased if you like, but I know I'm not, simply calling it as I see it.[/QUOTE]

So that video you posted proves that Fifa 11 is arcade Rob...and Pes is a sim...But you know there are many videos in you tube regarding Pes 2011 that are the same or maybe worst than the one you posted.And not only that but if you compare them they prove that Pes 11 is a bad bad replica of fifa 11 in most ways....None of the two games is a sim,Fifa has an engine that if E.a decides can be 20 times better,but then what game the little kids will play and the casuals?Pes in the other side is a dark dark shadow of its former self...the Pes series died after We10 and if someone cant see that is a fanboy or he didnt followed the evolution in the series so he can tell the difference with the next gen installments...Sometimes we must let go...This is coming from me that i grew with Iss and Pes and that time i was laughing at fifa games...Its not a coincidence that all the people i know in my age (30 -35),ftiends from real life,mates or net friends that loved Pes CANNOT touch it any MORE...Some of them converted 2 fifa and some dont wanna play any other footie but neither pes too.80 % of the people that high praise Pes these next gen years are the people that didnt grew up playin Pes...they didnt followed the evolution of the game all these years...the reason?They were too little!They just listened from the big brother for a spectacular new footie called Iss or Pes...so they grew up with that urban legend...'' the king''...

Last edited:
the Pes series died after We10 and if someone cant see that is a fanboy or he didnt followed the evolution in the series so he can tell the difference with the next gen installments...
And there goes your credibility. :FAIL:

And why so defensive? The post you quoted didn't even mention PES once.

And there goes your credibility. :FAIL:

And why so defensive? The post you quoted didn't even mention PES once.

No...you are right m8,i fail... after Pes 6 or We10 the series launched to a new higher level... borned in 92 maybe?fanboy?just bitter ?Get your facts straight...Of course you didnt mention pes in that quote but in a milion others

No...you are right m8,i fail... after Pes 6 or We10 the series launched to a new higher level... borned in 92 maybe?fanboy?just bitter ?Get your facts straight...Of course you didnt mention pes in that quote but in a milion others

The point isn't what happened between PES2008 and PES2010, the point is comparing it to the current reality. But I bet you don't even know what that reality is.

Not a fanboy or bitter or anything. In my honest opinion, PES 2011 is the best one in the series (PES5/WE9LE included).
I agree that PES 2008-2010 were terrible though.

Lol, get my facts straight? I think you'll find that nobody has really proven me wrong yet, and all you're doing is coming up with vague and unexplained theories.

Anyway, back to FIFA...
Supermarkets will most likely be doing their routine special deals on release day, selling the game for <£30, so thinking about it, the price increase probably won't really make that much of a difference - I don't know anyone who bought FIFA 11 for £40+.

Not a fanboy or bitter or anything. In my honest opinion, PES 2011 is the best one in the series (PES5/WE9LE included).

I respect your opinion the way you put it even if i dont agree...I didnt say that Pes 11 wasnt better than 08 - 10,but most pes people think We9- W9Le-or We10 are the best,including me

Be sure Anderson because i know the 'reality' i am thinking not to purchase Fifa or Pes this year.dont bet so easily

I respect your opinion the way you put it even if i dont agree...I didnt say that Pes 11 wasnt better than 08 - 10,but most pes people think We9- W9Le-or We10 are the best,including me

Be sure Anderson because i know the 'reality' i am thinking not to purchase Fifa or Pes this year.dont bet so easily

Was being specific towards your downfall theory, which doesn't correspond to the current reality. PES2011 is far from the disappointment of PES 2008,09 and 10, even with all its problems. The rest is down to personal opinion.

Was being specific towards your downfall theory, which doesn't correspond to the current reality. PES2011 is far from the disappointment of PES 2008,09 and 10, even with all its problems. The rest is down to personal opinion.[/QUOTE]

I agree but even now its still a downfall from the best game in the series 6 years ago...How the hell they made a briliant game of 9/10 lets say to a game of 3/10 with 08-10 instalments ? Of course pes 11 is better but i cant give them credit for that...They coulnt get lower for gods sake! Anyway,i hope fifa and pes be good these year so we have more choises for the beautful game.I also hope we arguing because we love football and we want a proper sim game and not for other reasons

Pes in the other side is a dark dark shadow of its former self...the Pes series died after We10 and if someone cant see that is a fanboy or he didnt followed the evolution in the series so he can tell the difference with the next gen installments...Sometimes we must let go...This is coming from me that i grew with Iss and Pes and that time i was laughing at fifa games...

Sorry but you sound quite ignorant and seem like a know it all! You seem more like sheep to be honest just repeating what the general crowd says. So I'm a deluded fanboy because i don't think PES 2011 is crap? or that the series fell after PES 6? I least i know PES 2011 inside out and know it's strengths and flaws unlike you who seem to had played it a few times and thought meh.

I mean for me PES fell away after PES 5 and even though PES 5 was a great game, the downfall was always set to happen, because from PES 3 onwards Konami, year upon year showed a increasing lack of ambition towards PES. Another huge factor i think was the highly stuck up, idiot fans who well, still exist at the moment even now who regurgitated that PES was perfect. PES is the ultimate simulation and nothing comes close. So Konami never felt the need to evolve.

Over the PS2 years with FIFA and other titles being no competition. PES started to become the commercial choice. PES 6 was the peak of this. I think this was the only game in which has outsold fifa, ever! Hence why so many go on about it! It was the start of the downfall, the start of PES recycling the old game, making it more arcadey to appeal to these new shallow fans.

Its not a coincidence that all the people i know in my age (30 -35),ftiends from real life,mates or net friends that loved Pes CANNOT touch it any MORE...Some of them converted 2 fifa and some dont wanna play any other footie but neither pes too.

As i was saying before. It shows just how ignorant you are, your saying PES 2011 is a shadow of the older games because people you know are saying it's shit because of the past failures of PES 2008 etc.. How many of them have given PES 2011 a real go? If you haven't, why talk about it? You just make yourself look silly.

80 % of the people that high praise Pes these next gen years are the people that didnt grew up playin Pes...

More ignorance. your trying to say that because i like PES 2011 i like all of PES 2008-2011! I personally have always brought pretty much every football title i could get my hands on. ISS pro back in 1997 when my cousin introduced me to it and FIFA 95 back in 1995!

I grew up playing all of them. I know all the games very well thank you.

The only football game recently i've given high praise to is PES 2011. Not just that, many here have praised PES 2011 after coming back and playing it since being disappointed by PES 2008 and fully concentrated on FIFA. PES 2011 has it has flaws, but the game does a lot of this so well which keeps it fresh. I liked PES 2010 but your right it was broken, Massively broken and no as good as the PS2 games.

Another factor is these guys who don't play the game anymore. These guys considering their age maybe would had stopped gaming although or don't have time to get into PES anymore, this isn't surprising since PES commercially these days is shocking! Especially this year. Little money put into a marketing campaign and despite revolutionizing the gameplay and changing so much in PES 2011 there was NO in-depth guide easing people in.

There's no point generalizing like you have with this conservative argument. Best not to talk so surely about things you don't fully understand especially regarding PES 2011.

Keep the "fanboy" crap out of these threads please. Everyone of us a is a fanboy of something. Using the word in a way to show disrespect is wrong. If you can't handle a debate then don' start one.

Thanks.

So it's £54.99 RRP on the standard edition and £44.99 for the Ultimate Edition?

My brain hurts.

It's £54.99 across the board for FIFA 12, and GAME Group will have exclusive rights to sell the Ultimate Edition. It's two pieces of news.

The C&VG article says:

A GAME and Gamestation press release has revealed that FIFA 12 will carry a recommended retail price of £54.99.

The announcement came with the news that GAME Group has scooped the exclusive rights to the Ultimate Edition of this year's game, which it's now offering for £44.99 if you pre-order.

EA are as rancid and morally bankrupt as the football governing body that puts its name to their game.

Last edited:
Like i said. Confirms to me with that price they are going after Call of Duty man!

They want FIFA to be the number 1 best selling game

No, they don't need to decide anything. Like anyone else, they want to sell as many copies of their game as possible. That means appealing to all audiences.

Well it wont dent their sales at all imo if they did. I would be more inclined to buy it if they did since there would be more chance of a solid, fun game like with World Cup 2010, rather than a unbalanced arcade game with poorly implemented simulation aspects with FIFA 11.

Always helps when company or any organization understands itself and focuses on whats it's good at rather than trying to be something it's not (even though there no reason why FIFA can't release a top sim, but there's little evidence on previous titles saying they can)

In PES its great teamplay, in FIFA its pingpong passing.
In PES its realistic mistake, in FIFA its terrible AI.
In PES its great attacking match, in FIFA its arcade style.
PES sales good because its a great game true football fans want to pay for, FIFA sales great because its for casual players.

Welcome to the world of Rob92 where you hope your word is lapidary and 100 times repeated lie will became truth:BOP:

Last edited:
PES sales good because its a great game true football fans want to pay for, FIFA sales great because its for casual players.

Welcome to the world of Rob72 where you hope your word is lapidary and 100 times repeated lie will became truth:BOP:

:BOP:

Welcome to the world of Rob72 where you hope your word is lapidary and 100 times repeated lie will became truth:BOP:

:YAWN: ........And you cant even get his name right.

Neither game will ever be a sim. They lack the diversity and realistic control mechanisms needed to be a sim. Because each of them need to rely so heavily on AI for 99% of the players on the pitch at any one time it wont happen.

Sure with the AI you can create the illusion of a sim, but just like in the matrix when Neo "sees" the matrix there is no going back for any of us. We no longer see the game, both games need the user to "buy in" to the fantasy, once you stop doing that it will never be the same and no matter what either company does that wont change for most of us. It's like "forgetting" santa claus isnt real.

Neither game will ever be a sim. They lack the diversity and realistic control mechanisms needed to be a sim. Because each of them need to rely so heavily on AI for 99% of the players on the pitch at any one time it wont happen.

Sure with the AI you can create the illusion of a sim, but just like in the matrix when Neo "sees" the matrix there is no going back for any of us. We no longer see the game, both games need the user to "buy in" to the fantasy, once you stop doing that it will never be the same and no matter what either company does that wont change for most of us. It's like "forgetting" santa claus isnt real.

True. Who really wants a true sim? It had to be 90minute matches and who would play it? Would you really play the whole match when you were losing 0-4 after 20 minutes? 6 or 10 minutes cant be so realistic.

Lol, get my facts straight? I think you'll find that nobody has really proven me wrong yet, and all you're doing is coming up with vague and unexplained theories.
Heh, this made me laugh. Pretty much sums up why nothing you said should ever be taken seriously.

It doesn't have to be that advanced, better AI movement (tactics), less floating, realistic acceleration, more error on touches, more people being able to challenge for headers, less scripted feeling on the keeper saves, more accuracy errors generally, preferred foot dribbling and we have taken big steps towards a more sim like game. I don't think it's that hard for these things to be implemented in FIFA.

Both games have problems that need fixing,simple things that cant work right and ruin the experience...at the moment, fifa needs less changes than Pes and its easier if E.a makes up her mind, to deliver a better game of football.Its just no constructive to post the same things again and again,trying to make either game look bad and be ironic.Most of us know the existed problems both series have and i would like to think that its common sense that if we have two great football games or even more,this is a benefit for us for the years up ahead

Alreet, I made a little video of the momentum with and without the ball in FIFA 08. The quality is pretty low so if someone with a better camera would like to do the same thing it would be great.

I don't have FIFA 11, so it would be great if someone made a similar movie from FIFA 11 so we can compare the movement of the player. Ultimately it would be great if someone with both games and a good camera could record the same movements in both games for best comparison.

Anyway, here is the video. I added some text to show what buttons I press. I use left stick only, left stick + sprint and left stick + close control (jockey) with the ball first and then second half without the ball. It looks pretty good to me, no sliding around and it looks like they at least try to simulate momentum and footplanting.

YouTube - FIFA 08 - Momentum/inertia

Last edited:
Heh, this made me laugh. Pretty much sums up why nothing you said should ever be taken seriously.

What Rob says is technically correct, I agree with him completely. He is actually one of the few I can take very seriously 99.9% of the time. If he has offered up a debate, then please feel free to dissect the statement with a relevant argument. Some views will be subjective, but most of what he writes is factual, and technically correct. If some dont see that, that isnt his problem.

So this kind of anti-discussion is permissable in the Fifa thread? Yet I seem to remember that the last time it was like this in the PES thread the moderators stamped down repeatedly on it, I'm all for discussing the pros and cons of a game, however there are some in here who are 100% anti-Fifa and doing nothing but criticising the game, if you have no interest in the game at all (as is completely your right) don't those of us who are interested in Fifa deserve the same respect meted out to other game threads? Or should I start going into the PES thread and repeatedly slagging off its weak points (of which there are many if I was petty and trollish enough to care to list)?

Alreet, I made a little video of the momentum with and without the ball in FIFA 08. The quality is pretty low so if someone with a better camera would like to do the same thing it would be great.

I don't have FIFA 11, so it would be great if someone made a similar movie from FIFA 11 so we can compare the movement of the player. Ultimately it would be great if someone with both games and a good camera could record the same movements in both games for best comparison.

Anyway, here is the video. I added some text to show what buttons I press. I use left stick only, left stick + sprint and left stick + close control (jockey) with the ball first and then second half without the ball. It looks pretty good to me, no sliding around and it looks like they at least try to simulate momentum and footplanting.

YouTube - FIFA 08 - Momentum/inertia

Good work Gab!

Back
Top Bottom