FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I'm lucky: I get up every day, I play football video games, I watch and play football. And there isn't a game I play, a game I watch in real life, when I don't see something that is inspirational enough, based on human motion, ball motion, action, facial expressions, all of those kinds of things you see—that doesn't inspire me to go in to work and do something about it for future FIFAs.

All from a man who doesn't understand football. These 'future' FIFAs are going to be fantastic...

Exactly and they're great at it. I find it a shame that Adam reaches so many people, Adam seems to be THE catalyst for hype and ergo disappointment in the end. Xaor and Rodelero are much more in tune with the more realistic of us and report things as they see it rather than 'FIRST OMG MOMENT!!!111' etc.

Xaor and Rodelero would have a lot more reach if they were two individual people (I am one and the same) :PIRATE: - mustn't forget Nick and Romagnoli from here either. I didn't hear much hyperbole from them ;)

I think at the end of the day, each of the people at these events are doing different things in terms of what they focus on. They have different interests, different standards, different approaches, and different motives. We are involved in different communities, and have different reaches. We are all very much linked by our want for FIFA to be the best game it can be.

We're all volunteers at the end of the day but we all put in serious amounts of time: it's about trying to work out how we can focus our efforts to jointly reach our goals. We had quite a long chat today with Robb and Duxor who work for EA on the forum side regarding various things that could help the GameChanger-EA relationship become more productive. We have different skillsets, different platforms, different interests, and between those we cover the hardcore interest whether its focusing on CM, Clubs, online, or gameplay. We collectively need more reach, and to use that reach to more effect: we need to produce a vision for the game which EA can see people are excited about. Adam may be less negative than you'd like but he is an invaluable member of the community. He has built a platform to reach people from and he's damned good at it.

Ideally I'd hope that FSB could become a force for change as much as it is a great source of news. There is quite a lot to be concerned about with what I've played, but that doesn't change my willingness and eagerness to continue to crank up the pressure on EA to produce the game which we want.

Last edited:
based on human motion, ball motion, action, facial expressions, all of those kinds of things you see

All from a man who doesn't understand football. These 'future' FIFAs are going to be fantastic...

That quote is exactly what's wrong in Fifa. He implements what he sees, not what he understands.

If this was a job interview and I happened to be the one interviewing him, that quote alone would see him kicked out the building.

This is a football game, not a goddamn fashion show.

+1

i have low expectations for fifa 12!

back to PES it seems for me!

This franchise is turning into COD of football games!

i have low expectations for fifa 12!

back to PES it seems for me!

This franchise is turning into COD of football games!

Comments like this do my nugget in. Without playing the fully released game which is months away too! I'm not expecting it to be a big difference but who knows how this or PES is going to feel until you have played them both?!

Somebody just please copy and paste in last years comments (or any previous year) as it's always the same. Months and months of the same comments to look forward to.

Who is going to be first to pipe up about nets and ankle tape?

Comments like this do my nugget in. Without playing the fully released game which is months away too! I'm not expecting it to be a big difference but who knows how this or PES is going to feel until you have played them both?!

Somebody just please copy and paste in last years comments (or any previous year) as it's always the same. Months and months of the same comments to look forward to.

Who is going to be first to pipe up about nets and ankle tape?

True but like i said i have low expectations for this. i will still buy it and try it. But if i dont see significant improvements over 11 which was worse then 10, fuck this game.

i want this game to be great so we can resurrect our BAP team.

Has the way you watch and play the sport changed as a result of your professional involvement?
Yes and no. It's weird. One of the most common questions I get asked is "surely there can't be much more to doing football video games—surely you've almost reached the pinnacle of perfection." I'm lucky: I get up every day, I play football video games, I watch and play football. And there isn't a game I play, a game I watch in real life, when I don't see something that is inspirational enough, based on human motion, ball motion, action, facial expressions, all of those kinds of things you see—that doesn't inspire me to go in to work and do something about it for future FIFAs.
At the same time, it does mean that when I'm watching a football match, I'm sometimes not actually watching what's going on. At the moment, when I'm watching football matches, I'm not thinking about what I could put in the game, I'm making sure that the features that we've put in the game this year look believable and realistic. We'll identify parts of a match and go "here are 17 of our 20 main features this year in the space of a 30-second play." And you're grinning to yourself because you think "we nailed it!" And then you watch another game and you think "holy ___, we've got to go and build that now!"

Lovely quote. Sums up what's wrong, it's not all about looks you c*&k!

So by the sounds of it "our" guys are very underwhelmed by the game? From what I have read it's mostly nice visual touches (fluff) but the essentials are still poor.

i hope they finally make right/left backs controlled by cpu to join attack. in fifa 11 pc they are active only in their half of pitch.

i hope they finally make right/left backs controlled by cpu to join attack. in fifa 11 pc they are active only in their half of pitch.
You need to pay more attention in Team settings, off course it's possible to join attack with the fullbacks ;)

Rotter said:
"here are 17 of our 20 main features this year in the space of a 30-second play." And you're grinning to yourself because you think "we nailed it!"

Yes, the sequences of tumbling animations now look better crafted than ever. Does this improve the fundmental feel of the game?

It does help give a feeling of mass to your players as they now contact each other far better, be it an arm, leg or indeed full body. It still needs some tweaking but it does make for a far better game visually...

Oh my, that interview just killed it. I'm definitely going to rent FIFA 12 first.

I would recommend renting or getting the demo. It is going to be a fun game, and aesthetically it's still very impressive how they manage to capture certain movements and indeed collisions, but it's still miles off PES for being a footy sim.

Mr Rutter only cares about himself.
The severity of his ego trip is obvious from every interview he gives.
I just sometimes hope they fluke a good game, like they did with FIFA 08.

pes 2011? hardly.

fifa2k12? possibly ;)

Madball i would stop, just don't bother with that PES vs FIFA argument you have.

I mean if you where Maxpower or neuf and had your own respectable opinions that's fine but everytime. Those people present good arguments and i and everyone here respect their opinion on why they favor FIFA over PES at this time.

You, run away, and refuse to answer when the argument gets tough. It's bad enough your arguments are so thread bone in the first place really. Sorry, but don't bother carrying on the way you are now, there's no point talking.

If i sounds horrible, sorry, I'm just tough talking and cynical. I feel people learn when they are told the truth.

Mr Rutter only cares about himself.
The severity of his ego trip is obvious from every interview he gives.
I just sometimes hope they fluke a good game, like they did with FIFA 08.

It's true much of FIFA 08's measured approach was down to shit response times and 'lucky' made it a game which required measured buildup but to be fair, Joe Booth stated in many press conferences about showing a difference between Great players such as Ronadlinho having great touch and the skills which where stat relative, and teams such as his beloved Leeds Untied who where scrappy and had awful touches.

He did that pretty well. Unlike Rutter who's game have had every single player have inch perfect alien like first touches!

Madball i would stop, just don't bother with that PES vs FIFA argument you have.

I mean if you where Maxpower or neuf and had your own respectable opinions that's fine but everytime. Those people present good arguments and i and everyone here respect their opinion on why they favor FIFA over PES at this time.

You, run away, and refuse to answer when the argument gets tough. It's bad enough your arguments are so thread bone in the first place really. Sorry, but don't bother carrying on the way you are now, there's no point talking.

If i sounds horrible, sorry, I'm just tough talking and cynical. I feel people learn when they are told the truth.

It's true much of FIFA 08's measured approach was down to shit response times and 'lucky' made it a game which required measured buildup but to be fair, Joe Booth stated in many press conferences about showing a difference between Great players such as Ronadlinho having great touch and the skills which where stat relative, and teams such as his beloved Leeds Untied who where scrappy and had awful touches.

He did that pretty well. Unlike Rutter who's game have had every single player have inch perfect alien like first touches!

why should i stop? maybe you and rob should stop. :P

i have my personal feelings about those two games and i will always stress them. like it or not.

;)

Xaor and Rodelero would have a lot more reach if they were two individual people (I am one and the same) :PIRATE: - mustn't forget Nick and Romagnoli from here either. I didn't hear much hyperbole from them ;)

I think at the end of the day, each of the people at these events are doing different things in terms of what they focus on. They have different interests, different standards, different approaches, and different motives. We are involved in different communities, and have different reaches. We are all very much linked by our want for FIFA to be the best game it can be.

We're all volunteers at the end of the day but we all put in serious amounts of time: it's about trying to work out how we can focus our efforts to jointly reach our goals. We had quite a long chat today with Robb and Duxor who work for EA on the forum side regarding various things that could help the GameChanger-EA relationship become more productive. We have different skillsets, different platforms, different interests, and between those we cover the hardcore interest whether its focusing on CM, Clubs, online, or gameplay. We collectively need more reach, and to use that reach to more effect: we need to produce a vision for the game which EA can see people are excited about. Adam may be less negative than you'd like but he is an invaluable member of the community. He has built a platform to reach people from and he's damned good at it.

Ideally I'd hope that FSB could become a force for change as much as it is a great source of news. There is quite a lot to be concerned about with what I've played, but that doesn't change my willingness and eagerness to continue to crank up the pressure on EA to produce the game which we want.

Well i thought Xaor was your secret identity so i didn't want too many people to know. I mean Clark Kent doesn't want everybody knowing he is Superman right.

Well i thought Xaor was your secret identity so i didn't want too many people to know. I mean Clark Kent doesn't want everybody knowing he is Superman right.

So who's this fella The Trebuchet then also :CONFUSE:

why should i stop? maybe you and rob should stop. :P

i have my personal feelings about those two games and i will always stress them. like it or not.

;)

You beat Barca with Inter a few times, you suffered a few poor touch first goals go in either way... so PES 2011 is rubbish.

yeah, soooo informative :))

Last edited:
The fact that Rutter watches real football and then goes on to say he thinks he's "nailed it" as a simulation is evidence enough that he's a clueless twat who is incapable of leading a project to create a realistic football game...

pes 2011? hardly.

fifa2k12? possibly ;)
romagnoli said "...but it's still miles off PES for being a footy SIM."

How can you even argue that FIFA 11 is a better simulation of football than PES 2011?
That's pretty much factually incorrect.

Fair enough, you may prefer FIFA as a game, but is in no way a sim.

Back
Top Bottom