FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

From what I've heard from guys who've had hands on, the new dribbling system is a pretty big upgrade.

Reading those tweets posted above, it's more than a little silly how hyped some of these guys get over little things like throw-ins. Adam basically ruins his own credibility, so it's hard to take his thoughts at face value.

I really want to hear about how the new features impact the pace of play - that first gameplay vid made it look still way too fast.

The gameplay vids were probably running on Normal speed, played by Sprint-holders and Slide Tackle junkies. Might look better on Slow speed played more sensibly.

I hope we can change the nets and there are more than 2 people competing for the ball in the air.

Ahh...

Video was a bit slap dash. The skating animation really does ruin the game for me; I want a bit of depth and weight to the players, like they're playing on grass and not ice.

Saying that, the latest comments and Tweets seem very positive.

Rodelero (I think his nick is?) tweeted that the inertia/momentum problem is still there. I mean we already knew that since you can see to floating on the videos, but I'm just saying it's not all praise from the tweets, we still have those issues that are game breakers for some of us.

Rodelero (I think his nick is?) tweeted that the inertia/momentum problem is still there. I mean we already knew that since you can see to floating on the videos, but I'm just saying it's not all praise from the tweets, we still have those issues that are game breakers for some of us.

Voila!

leemeadowcroft Lee Meadowcroft
#fifa12 CPU still insanely pressurising on Legendary!

#fifa12 tactical dribbling is a great change 1v1 but seems to play into the CPU's hands in 1vCPU

#fifa12 team mate AI appears mostly unchanged, very static, needs more work

Dave797 Dave Bryant
My biggest issue with the AI is the off the ball movement. Can be quite static at times. #FIFA12

Xaor Xaor
@adamneaves There are some AI improvements, but clear and recurrent massive issues with defensive positioning etc.

Xaor Xaor
#fifa12 Defending much better. AI, momentum/inertia... still really problematic.

Adam_Bhatti Adam Bhatti
defensive AI still same issues right now. #FIFA12

:JAY:

Adam_Bhatti Adam Bhatti
player rating screens after the game have real life pictures of players! Nice touch! #FIFA12

Thank god, this was in FIFA 07, i hated those cg heads ever since!

Fifa 08 seems good, players seems solid and have weight, what about fifa 09? (which was the last game before 360 degree implementation, I think)

Well hopefully these problems can be rectified. I'm assuming this is the purpose of the play testing at this "early" stage.

Thing is i say this time and time again. Sorting out the AI isn't just tweaking a few elements. It actually requires EA to develop and implement AI which makes team behave and form off the ball tasks like they do in real life on a basic level.

there's nothing EA can do until they actually put some fucking AI there in the first place to work on, There aren't any fucking commands there! It seems there still just isn't any AI there in the first place in regards to defensive positioning and team shape!

I mean pressure could be tweaked out, but AI is a while different story

Well hopefully these problems can be rectified. I'm assuming this is the purpose of the play testing at this "early" stage.

They 'could' be, but will they?

They have been problems in FIFA for a few years now, they always get noticed, they never get fixed or changed.

Why would FIFA 12 be different?

Seriously i have to question how that Adam guy managed to get to be an ITK for both FIFA and PES. What did he do to even get in that position? I've said it about PES but it seems to be the same for FIFA, everything he says is pure hyperbole. He reminds me of an over-excited kid.

There's many people on this forum who could do a much better and more grounded manner of expressing their views over both games but perhaps they would be too realistic about things and apparently they do.

Last edited:
There's many people on this forum who could do a much better and more grounded manner of expressing their views over both games but perhaps they would be too realistic about things and apparently they do.

We still have Xaor/Rodelero to do that!

Fifa 11 is a game that can deliver 70 from perfect 100 yet Ea chooses to almost force you play the game seeing only 30%...Some things are broken sure and others exist only to please the casuals but some things cant be done properly in this generation of consoles.We all agree i think that making a great and realistic football game is the hardest task in the gaming industry

I just look to the NBA2K series for a proof of what sport games on this console generation can be. Both EA Sports and Konami are light years away unfortunately.

We still have Xaor/Rodelero to do that!

Exactly and they're great at it. I find it a shame that Adam reaches so many people, Adam seems to be THE catalyst for hype and ergo disappointment in the end. Xaor and Rodelero are much more in tune with the more realistic of us and report things as they see it rather than 'FIRST OMG MOMENT!!!111' etc.

Yeah, pretty sure Adam's bullshitting as always. He's just recycled the comments made about gameplay from last year; nothing new.

Personally, I'm just waiting for the demo so I can make my own mind up.

No, it's just how they display the kits that is different. 3D player models wearing the full kit.

I'm interested in the "storylines" they mentioned in the press release. I hope they elaborate at E3. The Cheesy iss200 storylines and faux RPG had me hooked for YEARS. YEARS :lol

I am asking for this 4 years now,finally...it was about time ''The power bar is divided into four sections instead of three so you have to hold the button longer for the ultra power shots - it allows more variation in the shots.'' its from the tweets from the event. this is big in my opinion if shots and ball physics are better

Well I'm happy to hear that the jockey isn't touched, sounds like there will be one less button for me to worry about since I think I will rather defend with jockey button only and not doing the automatic contain stuff. Kind of weird though that type of tackling is completely contextual, unless I missed something. I wouldn't want my players slide tackle in the box if I just want to try to stab a little at the ball.

I am asking for this 4 years now,finally...it was about time ''The power bar is divided into four sections instead of three so you have to hold the button longer for the ultra power shots - it allows more variation in the shots.'' its from the tweets from the event. this is big in my opinion if shots and ball physics are better

That sounds like an essential change, can do wonders on the control you have over stuff. Specially shooting.

Back
Top Bottom