FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

The body models are more realistic now?
And shoe models are good too. Before they were like little boats.

In case you don't know there are allot more screens out there. just google it. I do like what iam seeing in graphics department, but want to see it in motion.

fifafacebook_matshummels_ohnelink.jpg

Something like...

He is a German Melster 2011, and in 2009 aktueiier Nationalspieier
with the U21 European Championship. Mats Hummel is among the winners of the
abgelaufenenen Bundesliga season and the best defenders
League.

Now the zlert 23j3hnge the cover of FIFA 12, the new Bel Verston the
Fu6ba 11-simulation is given particular attention to the defensive
The best discipline of Hummels.

"It's a gross feeling like after a terrific season with my
Borussia Dortmund to celebrate the German Cup
can, "says Mats Hummels.
4m

"Besides all the great awards but it is also
grog an honor on the cover of the new
EA SPORTS FIFA 12 to be with all
the other international
Stars. I am very happy about
this recognition Memer
Performance on the court - but
comes on the console
Hardly anyone past me. And I hope zat ze career mode is not ze fuck of shit like last year", Said Hummels sardonically.

Precision dribbling looks messi-tastic!!

The impact engine does look impressive though. Sliding will be fun to do.

Impact engine looks really good. Looks like they will continue to race ahead of PES in the engine's technical department.

I still see that every touch of the ball is perfect though :( Only watched it one time but the acceleration and inertia felt the same as last games too, no weighty feeling in the players when they move around.

I hope they also release a video that is about how they've improved the "football" part of the game, to show that they actually understand football, like the Seabass video. Impact engine is great, but unless the game actually plays out like a football game, it's just fluff.

To put that video into context, these are basically all the gameplay bits from the webcast we saw. We actually had an hour and a half of talk from EA, so, this, on its own is really not very helpful. You'll hear more about that tomorrow I'm sure, as it does put some of this stuff into context, also remember it's all early stage.

The embargo isn't strictly over yet, so, other than that I'll say stay shtum.

Last edited:
Impact engine looks amazing, Thing is whats good having it when the players are still skating around on ice?

I'll wait until i see and hear some no nonsense football talk on the big issues fifa has.

The impact engine looks brilliant but until the core issues are resolved its not going to be of much benefit.

Has dribbling been improved?
Has the level of pressure been reduced?
Has the defensive system been changed?
Do players have an increased sense of weight and inertia?
Etc.

The video only glanced over those issues. I would like to hear someone on the dev team discussing the list of improvements to the gameplay.

Impact engine looks really good. Looks like they will continue to race ahead of PES in the engine's technical department.

I still see that every touch of the ball is perfect though :( Only watched it one time but the acceleration and inertia felt the same as last games too, no weighty feeling in the players when they move around.

I hope they also release a video that is about how they've improved the "football" part of the game, to show that they actually understand football, like the Seabass video. Impact engine is great, but unless the game actually plays out like a football game, it's just fluff.
Agreed.

"Impact Engine" is good and all, but it's got very little to do with the football side of things.

Nothing in that video proved to me that EA understand football, they probably never will. Players falling over more realistically when tackled and some new dribbling modifier (déjà vu anyone? the collisions system and "skilled dribbling" were advertised for a recent edition...) aren't the priorities in terms of what FIFA needs.

From Seabass's video the other day on PES 2012, you can tell from the way he talks about the game, he has a solid understanding of the tactical side of football and this reflects in how PES' gameplay is far more balanced and sim-like.

Also look at the crazy pivot and instantaneous reactions by the defender at about 0:30 in that video, how can they not have fixed that? :FAIL:

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of stuff you guys are assuming from these videos are fairly off mark. Be patient - wait 'til tomorrow when there will be some context to these videos which, without explanation tell you very little about what these improvements mean.

This, is a little more verbose... well, it was, but it's gone. Seems the embargo is at 9am, as I previously thought (some confusion over this).

Last edited:
Oh ok there it is.. Thanks Andre.

EDIT:

-
# Still don't like how they glide.
# Some of the Jog speed turn radius looks horrible.
# First touch still missing.

+
☺ Precision turn radius is more like it, looks good imo. But I hope not every player can move that way.
☺ Shield dribbling looks good.
☺ Impact Engine looks impressive. Hope it doesn't mean we see players flying about all the time though. 6:07 - 6:43 like, but 7:34, I'm not quite sure how Torres bounces back?

Last edited:
The problem with precision turn is it's never going to work like that. You will be body slammed off the ball the second you try anything like that. I know the impact engine is shown taking care of that, but maybe I'm being cynical, I just don't think it's going to work properly. The other impact engine stuff did look really nice though.
Players do seem to glide, especially during contextual dribbles. All this new injury stuff should be cool, no more burning players all over the field.
I would like to see a player able to play more than one game in a short period of time however, but not able to sprint a whole match.
When's the demo supposed to come?

Well, the way players move with the ball under controll with such high agility does not sound good to me, it's still like other fifa's from this current gen (except fifa08), but this impact engine surprised me positively. It does look impressive judging by this video. Many differents situations.

I love that move at 5:35, very realistic. No need to make a special dribbing.

The impact engine certainly looks impressive and it saddens me to see FIFA take another potential technical leap ahead of PES in terms of how players move and interact with one another.

But everything in the video is just cosmetics. It's the layers on top of the football engine.

What I really want to see is Rutter, Patterson or any other EA goon talk about football and how FIFA will do a better job of recreating the fundamentals. How will they make the game more tactical? Improve the AI? First touch? Individuality?

Until then I'm unconvinced.

Back
Top Bottom