FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

rooney comfirmed cast in her twitter
Rooney-Status-580x353.jpg

Sadly, the implementation of Custom Audio turned out to be anything but practical for the end user. Another feature idea ticked off and shipped without bothering to make it any good - surprise.

I think chants are unimportant, personally. You could stick one single recognisable chant in for each club and that would be enough, so long as it was part of a varied atmosphere that reacts with clarity to match context.

:LOL: most of the time i just put music on in the background anyway :))

Last edited:
I don't think the argument that you shouldn't have to put chants into a product you've paid for is unfair. The amount of space that a full set of chants for each team would cost is prohibitively large, and there's a pretty large quantity of chants out there that involve swearing or offensive remarks - there's no way EA could get those put through. The paperwork that would be required to include all the pre-and-post match soundtracks used by each club would be so expensive in terms of resources.

Custom chants are by far and away the best and most practical option.

They are, I agree, but people shouldn't have to put the levels of work in required to get an authentic experience. I shouldn't, for example, have to edit my team's audio because my Arsenal team's crowd are chanting for Newcastle United.....but I do agree, more choice for customisation is always good, but it should enhance your experience rather than 'fix' the audio that's already in the game, if that makes sense.

Sadly, the implementation of Custom Audio turned out to be anything but practical for the end user. Another feature idea ticked off and shipped without bothering to make it any good - surprise.

Yup, and I find it ironic that despite EA's marketing last year for custom audio, which was bugged to pieces, Konami were quietly sitting there with PES2011 not advertising custom audio when it works brilliantly. Go figure.

Its a flaw in the AI. Basically there was no avoidance logic for the AI (or human player) to avoid handballs. That's the reason they are optional.

Yeah this was another feature that didn't work properly, which makes me shudder when I head about the injury engine being planned. Handballs had to be turned off because you'd get about 3 penalties per match, and certain types of crosses could be hit into the full back resulting in a handball free kick 100% of the time.

On a different note, does anyone know about the new camera angle? From that scan, it could be a realistic broadcast angle which bridges the gap between FIFA's current broadcast and Tele cameras (which would be awesome), but it also could just be that wide camera angle they introduced during World Cup 2010, which was nothing more than a wider version of the Tele camera.

Tele is baffling, why haven't EA yet introduced a camera similar to PES games of old, or try to replicate a proper TV style view that moves more 'side on'? Running the camera parallel to the goal is ridiculous, half the time you can't tell exactly where the ball went until the replay. I think football games need to look and feel like it's live on TV, so why EA go down the unrealistic looking camera route is odd. They don't even get this right with 'broadcast', it's too zoomed out and plays at an almost isometric angle.

Last edited:
Bastards spent all their money on subscriptions and had none left over for scanners or a decent camera?

Didn't they just have the same info as in the french magazine (maybe it was the same one but in french)?

Hi, has anyone played online ranked matches recently?

I was at my friends yesterday, while i was waiting decided to put online on to see what online ranked was since PES has these issues with through balls being too effective, triple tap cross etc..

Some guy picked Barca, i picked Citeh, i wanted to see how bad the lofted through ball was online!

My god! How the hell do EA get away with releasing a game with this balance? I was 4-0 at half time! just doing the SAME thing, over and over again.

The defensive AI :OOOH:(i was in tears of laughter) I mean, they literally would stand there, WATCH the ball fly over their head or i dunno but it was just so atrocious! I mean i thought the sprint merchants on FIFA 09 and 10/World Cup game where bad, they got NOTHING on the through ball and pressure on FIFA 11. My opponent could do NOTHING to stop it! It's not his fault the 1000 decisions programmed into his players don't include following the path of a through ball.

With no effort, whatsoever I was 5-0 to the good before the guy quit, played another as villa vs Man United, another abomination! Does anyone believe that the same shit dosen't happen on manual or whatever mode you play on. the AI is in a dire, DIRE state and i want to see this worked on extensively in all areas!

To improve they need to strip the game bare and do some serious considered work on ALL of the AI aspects in the gameplay. basic things like getting a defender to follow a through ball, or the defence to hold a line.

Most importantly i want to see midfielders take up deeper positions defensively. the midfield AI needs the most work. Why don't they stop running back and refuse to help out in their own box? Why is there such little programmed interaction with the defence in general?

Attacking wise, just to begin with, please some better player runs upfront. TWICE when i played yesterday my OWN player did a Bendtner on me and stopped certain goals by blocking my shot!

EA need to ask themselves whats good having this Impact zone crap when they can't sort out the very basics of defensive cohesion or getting a defender to track a through ball or run?

All you have to do is make up a bunch of rules of how to play and start imagining you see things that aren't really there, and then you have a great game!!!!

Yeah, it literally never holds a good line. I must say i played the other day and was quite surprised that the AI, even on my team, did an adequate job of following players runs. I stress the word adequate rather than decent, it is though quite frankly the only sort of intelligence they have. They never follow throughballs as Klash said.

Goalkeepers are still one of the more ridiculous aspects of this game i find.

Sometimes if you take a shot and it is blocked the keeper dives fully anyway, this is the best way to highlight just how quickly they are programmed to react and therefore dive in order to save a shot (real example - i shot from outside the box, it hit a player just in the 18 yard line, the keeper had dived fully for the top corner and scored the rebound whilst he was getting up from his plummet to the ground). 1 V 1's are a joke, you can literally blast the ball into at goal as powerfully as possible just pressing the shoot button (no combinations) and the keeper will instantaneously dive in the direction it is headed 90% of the time. What makes it more ridiculous is that you know it isn't the physics of the shot itself but the programming involved for if you finesse a shot during a 1 v 1 the goalkeeper suddenly doesn't have that instantaneous diving ability and you score more often than the gk saves it.

Worst thing is that i usually forget to finesse it because i never really did in pro unless i was trying to place it in the corner. It took me about 5 matches in a row of having 10-15-20 shots on target to understand why i just wasn't scoring. This was using 4 star teams though, maybe you can score normally by just pressing shoot (no combos) if Ronaldo gets through on goal.

Last edited:
Just curious, but why the hell would you need to put a spoiler tag around a pic?
Because some people do not have high-speed internet connections. Therefore, large pics would heavily stress their connection and loading would be utterly slow.
You must be joking?!
Do you know what is Spiler and thumbnail for?!
You can just tell him mate. No need to be a smartass ;)

Yeah, it literally never holds a good line. I must say i played the other day and was quite surprised that the AI, even on my team, did an adequate job of following players runs. I stress the word adequate rather than decent, it is though quite frankly the only sort of intelligence they have. They never follow throughballs as Klash said.

Goalkeepers are still one of the more ridiculous aspects of this game i find.

Sometimes if you take a shot and it is blocked the keeper dives fully anyway, this is the best way to highlight just how quickly they are programmed to react and therefore dive in order to save a shot (real example - i shot from outside the box, it hit a player just in the 18 yard line, the keeper had dived fully for the top corner and scored the rebound whilst he was getting up from his plummet to the ground). 1 V 1's are a joke, you can literally blast the ball into at goal as powerfully as possible just pressing the shoot button (no combinations) and the keeper will instantaneously dive in the direction it is headed 90% of the time. What makes it more ridiculous is that you know it isn't the physics of the shot itself but the programming involved for if you finesse a shot during a 1 v 1 the goalkeeper suddenly doesn't have that instantaneous diving ability and you score more often than the gk saves it.

Worst thing is that i usually forget to finesse it because i never really did in pro unless i was trying to place it in the corner. It took me about 5 matches in a row of having 10-15-20 shots on target to understand why i just wasn't scoring. This was using 4 star teams though, maybe you can score normally by just pressing shoot (no combos) if Ronaldo gets through on goal.

THIS! I play FIFA lounge mode with 2 friends and we often guess who the man of the match is..and say "it has to be the keeper!"

There is no value for money on your shots. People say PES keepers are bad when in fact they're way better than FIFA. Watch a real game and see how hard it is for keepers to save certain shots, yet FIFA keepers can save pile drivers from 10 yards away and are hit in the corner of the goal. VERY RARE in real life. Yet in FIFA it happens so often.

In FIFA 09 and 10, my mate would score 90% of his goals from finesse shots into the bottom corner after one player sprinted up the wing for 70 metres. I would work the ball around beautifully and get a shot into the corner from around 18 yards or just inside and his keeper would put his cape on and fly around the goals lol.

If keepers were made more realistic and midfields worked properly on FIFA, I would play it with a lot less frustration. They'll have to make a pretty special game for me to buy FIFA 12 in addition to PES 2012.

In FIFA 09 and 10, my mate would score 90% of his goals from finesse shots into the bottom corner after one player sprinted up the wing for 70 metres.

Ah yes, that finesse shot goal! The one where the ball always moves thwe exact same way and you know the ball is in if you get into the right position :COOL:

It dosen't matter what setting you play on, if you hit the angle. A goal is 100% likely!

Hi, has anyone played online ranked matches recently?

I was at my friends yesterday, while i was waiting decided to put online on to see what online ranked was since PES has these issues with through balls being too effective, triple tap cross etc..

Some guy picked Barca, i picked Citeh, i wanted to see how bad the lofted through ball was online!

My god! How the hell do EA get away with releasing a game with this balance? I was 4-0 at half time! just doing the SAME thing, over and over again.

The defensive AI :OOOH:(i was in tears of laughter) I mean, they literally would stand there, WATCH the ball fly over their head or i dunno but it was just so atrocious! I mean i thought the sprint merchants on FIFA 09 and 10/World Cup game where bad, they got NOTHING on the through ball and pressure on FIFA 11. My opponent could do NOTHING to stop it! It's not his fault the 1000 decisions programmed into his players don't include following the path of a through ball.

With no effort, whatsoever I was 5-0 to the good before the guy quit, played another as villa vs Man United, another abomination! Does anyone believe that the same shit dosen't happen on manual or whatever mode you play on. the AI is in a dire, DIRE state and i want to see this worked on extensively in all areas!

To improve they need to strip the game bare and do some serious considered work on ALL of the AI aspects in the gameplay. basic things like getting a defender to follow a through ball, or the defence to hold a line.

Most importantly i want to see midfielders take up deeper positions defensively. the midfield AI needs the most work. Why don't they stop running back and refuse to help out in their own box? Why is there such little programmed interaction with the defence in general?

Attacking wise, just to begin with, please some better player runs upfront. TWICE when i played yesterday my OWN player did a Bendtner on me and stopped certain goals by blocking my shot!

EA need to ask themselves whats good having this Impact zone crap when they can't sort out the very basics of defensive cohesion or getting a defender to track a through ball or run?

I played a guy the other day who kept doing these chipped through balls and coped with them easily. I just kept thinking this guy is a prick for doing the same thing over and over but it's easy to defend against. The kid you played must have been a right spaz to let it keep happening!

Back
Top Bottom