FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've been on here. I needed a break from the FIFA banter. So what's everyone's expectations for fifa12? Impressed with the info that's been released so far? I'm liking the sound of the new defending system and impact engine providing EA don't water it down to barely noticeable proportions.

I must confess, the impact engine intrigues me. Seems like the kind of thing people were talking about when they implied the backbreaker physics engine would be good in a football game.

http://10.imagebam.com/download.php...9acef8&filesize=2523289&filename=Fifa12_6.png

Anyone else noticed this..

Ok so in this picture you can work out Fabianski has rushed in and smothered the ball from under Anelka, that's fine.

What i don't get is why when the ball is in front of them Nasri and Djourou are facing 90+ degrees away from the ball? Maybe it's a new feature the have under wraps called MEGAN FOX PRO+ ™! (Players forget aboutt he ball and turn to the attention of a picture of Megan fox. use this as a distraction device to give you the advantage in tight games!

Who knows?

qpnka53u.png

Another confirmation for Fifa 12 same on PC as on consoles? Who knows? ;)

mmm i'm translate to spanish this article, and, i read that

- "the player that you put in arena is the player that is in walkpaper menu"

- now when you choose the kit, the kit is in a 3d player model..(same than pes imagine)

- Messi, Fabregas and other big players can finally "blow up big "

Last edited:
The french article mentions that abusing the sprint button will have a drawback.Players will get muscle injuries if you keep sprinting.

The french article mentions that abusing the sprint button will have a drawback.Players will get muscle injuries if you keep sprinting.

It's going to be amazing watching every single player in the cpu team limping off with pulled muscles.:YAWN:

http://10.imagebam.com/download.php...9acef8&filesize=2523289&filename=Fifa12_6.png

Anyone else noticed this..

Ok so in this picture you can work out Fabianski has rushed in and smothered the ball from under Anelka, that's fine.

What i don't get is why when the ball is in front of them Nasri and Djourou are facing 90+ degrees away from the ball? Maybe it's a new feature the have under wraps called MEGAN FOX PRO+ ™! (Players forget aboutt he ball and turn to the attention of a picture of Megan fox. use this as a distraction device to give you the advantage in tight games!

Who knows?

That's because the CPU already knows/processed a bit before what is going to happen and is already moving those players for Fabianski's kick/throw.

Well it's still possible that the AI just has no idea what it's doing and is in fact staring off into the distance.

Well this is fifa at the end of the day. The game has no team ai in terms of DM doing their job etc..

I'll use this as an example has anyone (please if you talk to a FIFA developer), explained just how much work is needed to sort out the AI.

Watch this manual game here, keep an eye on the midfielders for both teams, off the ball, ESPECIALLY when one player gets in the final third, they do nothing, they just stand and watch :CONFUSE: There is no midfield battle whatsoever!

The guys playing, they must know this looks nothing like football at all! Really, it dosen't even look good, it's like abstract football.

YouTube - FIFA 11 (manual controls) - (1/2) UEFA Champions League final; F.C. Barcelona vs Manchester United

Forget all this Impact zone stuff, i want assurance that there's massive improvements and overhaul with the AI off the ball!

Last edited:
Well it's still possible that the AI just has no idea what it's doing and is in fact staring off into the distance.

It may look like they're simply staring vacantly into space, but they are, in fact, frantically making over 1000 decisions every second. It's little wonder they occassionally forget about the football match going on around them.

Forget all this Impact zone stuff, i want assurance that there's massive improvement sand overhaul with the AI off the ball!

I am happy to give you that assurance.

Back
Top Bottom