FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

IMG_0738.jpg

Suarez :FAIL:

Quite a few pics on the ea forum (if you wade through all the crap).......so far seen that they have put in the latest boots and a few players have been shown....Torres looks class......Suarez, Neymar and Hamsik look terrible.

Did you read the IGN review? It's almost verbatim what an EA Press Release would say.

1. Mention 'Holy Trinity'
2. Describe each feature of 'Holy Trinity' and praise them in turn
3. Mention graphics/ sound/ presentation slightly upped
4. Do not mention any modes, game play depth, or anything else that people didn't like last year

I've played FIFA since 08, and FIFA 11 was terrible after the first 2 days or so. Utterly infuriating, both on and offline. To think that it received the kind of scores usually reserved for truly epic games blows my mind, and I swear can only be down to EA Sports 'exclusive' agreements with IGN.

Yeah I did and I even said it was a crap review. Regardless, I haven't played the final build though so I can't judge. I can however, judge the quality of the review itself.

Quite a few pics on the ea forum (if you wade through all the crap).......so far seen that they have put in the latest boots and a few players have been shown....Torres looks class......Suarez, Neymar and Hamsik look terrible.

link please! ..thanks

Can't believe how positive the IGN review is. 9.5 ranks it amongst the greatest games ever made, period.

And it simply is not.

I think it could be... from a casual's perspective.

When you consider the variety of modes on offer, and that attacking play has been made much more fun this year, I could easily see this FIFA as being considered the best ever.

That's not to say that it isn't without some serious flaws. But I've been banging out the retail code over the last day and I can imagine how from a purely entertainment stand-point or that of casual fans - essentially what IGN is catering to - this FIFA could be considered the best football game ever.

Let me be clear: I am not saying I think FIFA 12 is the best ever. I'm saying that I understand how others might think so.

Bloody hell.

There are quite a number of elite and popular players that look absolutely horrible. Aguero is another one that is shocking, especially when you compare him to many of his teammates.

The dropoff in quality from the very few first class faces to all the rest is just too much. And it doesn't help that lesser quality/known players still get stuck with the horrible generic boots more often than not - what, only top division players can afford Nikes?

Too bad too because the number and variety of boots included this year is the best that I can remember.

Exhibition match game impressions from the EA boards :

Bare with me if these are known, were in Fifa11, etc its been a while

Settings on professional exhibition match
Barca (me) vs Real Madrid
Score: 1-1

- menus, options, art, etc is great

- I spent alot of time in game testing reactions, dribbling, long passes, TD, etc. Seems flawless except for my comment below.

- Carreer mode has player, manager or player manager

- commentary selection is a nice feature

- Sliders can change many, many aspects of your game and CPU (have not tied them yet but just saw menu)

- AI defense 'seems' toned down a tad from the menu, actually won a couple of 50/50's lol and was not closed down as fast as I was in the demo. Could be the style of play, pressure, etc of RM...dunno. Im gonna try Barca vs Milan to compare apples to apples.

- AI offense can still be very very punishing if you miss-tackle or make a mistake, I pulled Pujol out of position and CR almost carved up 2-3 players for a goal.

- AI creativity is improved from demo, i was so used to defending in the demo and routine wing play by CPU I was caught off-guard by a great pass from Ronaldo to Benzema on the run from top edge of the box to corner goal post for a nice goal. In the demo, the CPU went to wings 90% of the time with me.

- Match video highlights are awesome

- Custom music and chants are great

- Ultimate team is NOT available yet

- I did notice once or twice on kicks that even though I have auto switch to airballs, it didnt actually switch or the player was just standing there out of position. I have to play more games to see this and hopefully its just me or a small bug

Overall im very impressed with Fifa12 so far, mostly been looking at all the vast options, menus, customisations, etc. Have not tried playing online yet. Ill do that tonight probably.

Gonna play 1 more game and head out for some work. Ill post more feedback later

Just noticed as well..in the sliders, there is NO adjusment for CPU headers, just speed, acceleration, shot error, pass error, shot speed, pass speed for offense and other stuff like injuries, severity of injury, etc.

So looks like Ibra will still own me when I play against him lol unless its been toned down.

Some of the face decisions are baffling. Barry Bannan, for example, now has his proper face, wheras a guy like Suarez doesn't. Leon Best does, too.

Mad.

More from the guy on the EA boards :

FCB vs Milan
2-4 (yup Ibra still owns me lol)

- AI is definitely more creative, Ibra scored on a cross but an amazing volley instead of his normal headers from demo

- contextual precision dribbling in traffic is phenomenal, I dribbled thru 4 defenders in the box and clanked one off the bar with Xavi

- AI seems to do more tricks and moves, especially Ibra

- So much more creativity, mistakes, this year it seems. Check out this amazing almost own goal I did when I was trying to clear it http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/94412223 only to bounce off the bar and slammed into the net lol

never had so much fun losing

More from the guy on the EA boards :

I can confirm what this guy says, mostly, from my own experience.

Regarding increased CPU attacking difficulty from the demo, all I can say is that I was keeping clean sheets on the demo, even quite often on Legendary, but yesterday Norwich City put 5 goals past me... on Professional difficulty. Whether or not you like the new defending system, and I think it has some frustrating issues, the fact is that if you aren't sharp at the back the CPU will punish you.

I also agree that dribbling is improved from the demo.

I also agree that the variety and creativity that is present in FIFA 12, both from the user and the CPU, is far and above previous FIFAs. A big positive this year, I think, is that I'm finding matches are a far less predictable affair than before.

But regarding Ultimate Team, it was working yesterday for me.

IGN in giving popular game a high score shocker.

Then again how many critics do people even trust around here? When it comes to football games i trust one person's opinion. Mine.

Last edited:
I can confirm what this guy says, mostly, from my own experience.

Regarding increased CPU attacking difficulty from the demo, all I can say is that I was keeping clean sheets on the demo, even quite often on Legendary, but yesterday Norwich City put 5 goals past me... on Professional difficulty. Whether or not you like the new defending system, and I think it has some frustrating issues, the fact is that if you aren't sharp at the back the CPU will punish you.

I also agree that dribbling is improved from the demo.

I also agree that the variety and creativity that is present in FIFA 12, both from the user and the CPU, is far and above previous FIFAs. A big positive this year, I think, is that I'm finding matches are a far less predictable affair than before.

But regarding Ultimate Team, it was working yesterday for me.

Can you edit player stats, mate?

finally enjoyed my first game of fifa, i changed defending buttons around and it makes it so much of a difference

Just witnessed one of the best collisions with impact engine, i chipped through ball to messi but mandanda just got to it as the flight of the ball was to high for messi to shoot so he miskicked the air and ran into mandandas arm and his head went back the way and the rest of his body went forward causing messi to do a flip, doesn't sound like a big thing but seemed pretty realistic in terms of way it all happened

Back
Top Bottom