FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Am I right in thinking you buy and download the game via the season ticket so you can play 7 days early, then when the retail is released next Friday, you buy that as well?

How clever of EA.

What happens if you don't buy the full game next week? Does this download expire at that time?

Confirmation from the US peeps downloading it on twitter that the Official Xbox Live size is 6.58Gb.

They say its coming down fast... will check how long its been for people when its done..

Last edited:
1v1 Ranked matches changed for the better

"Ranked matches are so insanely different. You pick club, starting XI, kit etc. THEN it matches you against a player. Off to start my first game, Tottenham v. Blackburn. "

Also people saying they got the file down in 3hrs 15mins.. not bad considering the size.

What if you pick kits that clash?

If you choose white it wont match you against someone in white... IF its a bad clash in other colours you can back out before the first 5 mins are up and no DNF or points will be lost.

I'm worried for the manual search as sometimes its hard enough getting a game the normal way, never mind pre-filtered by kit and team level.

It searches to within 1.5 stars of the team you picked.

Can you imagine 3.5 stars against 5 star teams... Hmmm maybe not such a great idea...

But if you pick a 3.5 team, it probably pick a 3.5 before a 5 if there are any. Picking a 5 opponent is probably the last thing it would check for. Sounds like a good system.

But if you pick a 3.5 team, it probably pick a 3.5 before a 5 if there are any. Picking a 5 opponent is probably the last thing it would check for. Sounds like a good system.

Not sure, more i think about it, i think everyone will pick 5 stars teams so they wont risk facing even someone .5 stars above them....

This is the same crowd who will do ANYTHING to win.

I dont think they'll be picking anything less than Real Madrid/Chelsea/Barca. It was that way before but i think it could make the 5 Star obsession worse.

Dunno why everyone is surprised - same score FIFA 11 got and it was never going to get less from IGN.

Its a crap review anyway. I just posted it cause its IGN and they have a lot of sway. The review spends 80% of the time talking about the 'holy trinity' and basically repeats what everyone already knew and 20% talking briefly about other features that, again, most of us knew anyway.

No in depth comments on Career Mode or anything like that. Terrible.

Dunno why everyone is surprised - same score FIFA 11 got and it was never going to get less from IGN.

Its a crap review anyway. I just posted it cause its IGN and they have a lot of sway. The review spends 80% of the time talking about the 'holy trinity' and basically repeats what everyone already knew and 20% talking briefly about other features that, again, most of us knew anyway.

No in depth comments on Career Mode or anything like that. Terrible.

Good points. They haven't reviewed PES12 yet, but it's scoring an average of 8.1/10 from 6 media reviews so far. Will be interesting to see how FIFA scores from the same outlets.

Exactly. Judging a reviewers score on a final build none of us (well, apart from those in the states but then they've had it for what, an hour?) have played is a bit silly.

Did you read the IGN review? It's almost verbatim what an EA Press Release would say.

1. Mention 'Holy Trinity'
2. Describe each feature of 'Holy Trinity' and praise them in turn
3. Mention graphics/ sound/ presentation slightly upped
4. Do not mention any modes, game play depth, or anything else that people didn't like last year

I've played FIFA since 08, and FIFA 11 was terrible after the first 2 days or so. Utterly infuriating, both on and offline. To think that it received the kind of scores usually reserved for truly epic games blows my mind, and I swear can only be down to EA Sports 'exclusive' agreements with IGN.

Back
Top Bottom