FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

So you just download the game?

do you still get the game on disc.

think I will wait anyway.

Ye

Buy 2100 points for 11.99 grab the game 6 days early

I have preordered from shopto so not even going to sweat if it doesn't arrive early.

Anyone know the cheapest this is from store?

I like that these things are in the game. What I don't like is that it seems any player can do them, that's ridiculous.

Also, it looks like the CPU isn't trying so I suspect these were just re-created to show what's possible.

I like that they're there also, but they seem to come off really easy. Which is odd because I haven't been able to do shit haha.
The little Pato flick, the step over flick, nothing. Maybe I'm just bad at tricks. Or the trick shots either, like Aguero's spin, or Kompany's flick. I still haven't gotten the volley modifier to work either (Doesn't even show it in the controls so I'm confused.)

I like that these things are in the game. What I don't like is that it seems any player can do them, that's ridiculous.

Also, it looks like the CPU isn't trying so I suspect these were just re-created to show what's possible.

I don't think that is against the computer, as the other team have a cursor over their head, think its player vs player.

Ah fuck that I have to go to a shop and buy it. I have to buy two copies as it is.

You still buy the physical game anyway with season ticket. you just get to download it early play it for a few days then it the downloaded version gets de-activated on day of release.

So i'm hoping for a £25 Asda again, then 11.99 for the season ticket thing doesn't seem too bad.

It's basically a very clever way for EA to take advantage of stupid people with too much money and too much desire to play a new football game by making them pay twice ;)

I think Asda have stopped the cheap release day thing.

Well for the last 3 years Tesco, Asda and sometimes Morrisons have done £24.99 for first 24 hours of release. If Tesco do it Asda will follow suit etc.

Usually find out from employees a few days before..

It's basically a very clever way for EA to take advantage of stupid people with too much money and too much desire to play a new football game by making them pay twice ;)

Precisly Placebo ;)

I definately won't buy the Season Ticket thing, because I don't want to spoil the pleasure of going to the shop and picking up the game :BOP:

Oh - And by the way.. The game is released on the 29th here i Denmark! And I am off work thursday, friday, saturday and sunday! So I'm definately gonna get my FIFA fix.. I don't even think I will visit this forum or the Official FIFA forum from saturday and until release day.. Don't want to get anything spoiled :D

29th here as well but I've bought the UK version which is the 30th even in Sweden, hope it makes it on the Friday rather than me having to wait until Monday (problem of living on an island off the coast of Sweden!) :)

I think people are gonna pay this...

When i downloaded the Fifa 12 demo I had loads of messages asking how i got it early... Imagine all the kids logging on and seeing their mates playing Fifa 12...

They'll be straight to their parents asking for it.....

I wasn't going to buy the season ticket for just 3 days early access (I got FIFA 11 2 days early form shopto!) but a week is too long, and a mate has it too so we'll get our club started.

I didn't exactly pay for it either, I went down to Gamestation(to have a laugh at the price they'd offer me, mainly) to trade in 4 games I will never touch again (Test Drive Unlimited 2, FEAR 3, Tiger Woods 10 and Smackdown vs Raw 2011) and they offered me £27 in store credit, I was like no thx. I then went to my favourite store for trading in games, HMV... I got £45 in store credit for 4 games I'll never touch again.

So I bought 2100 points x2 and still got near enough a tenner on a gift card... managed to get RE4 HD + the season ticket + a nice set of animated gun skins for GOW3.

Seriously, if you're ever trading in games... go to HMV, easily the best I've used. Gamestation offer to beat any price by a £1 but fuck them, I'll lose out on a £1 just to avoid giving those robbing BASTARDS my business.

Anyway... roll on Saturday.

I think people are gonna pay this...

When i downloaded the Fifa 12 demo I had loads of messages asking how i got it early... Imagine all the kids logging on and seeing their mates playing Fifa 12...

They'll be straight to their parents asking for it.....

me and you are getting it early, who else out of our club?

i will play some 1v1's with you if no more get it early.

kev will be on Sunday night

I didn't exactly pay for it either, I went down to Gamestation(to have a laugh at the price they'd offer me, mainly) to trade in 4 games I will never touch again (Test Drive Unlimited 2, FEAR 3, Tiger Woods 10 and Smackdown vs Raw 2011) and they offered me £27 in store credit, I was like no thx. I then went to my favourite store for trading in games, HMV... I got £45 in store credit for 4 games I'll never touch again.

I hadn't even thought of doing this.. I was struggling to justify paying for it early but I wouldn't mind as much if I could get it through a trade.

Do GAME/Gamestation trade in old FIFA titles? ALl I really play are sports games so I'd be looking at FIFA 10, 09, World Cup '10 and Tiger Woods '10 as a possible lineup. Reckon that would get near the value of 2100 Points?

me and you are getting it early, who else out of our club?

i will play some 1v1's with you if no more get it early.

kev will be on Sunday night

Depending on when it goes live to download we might not get much playing time on Sat. I'm up for trying though....

Its says Europe on Xbox 360 from 6pm CET on 24 September.

I think that's 5pm here... They say it'll take 5 hours on a normal connection. So it'll be at least 10pm for first game... Sunday will have to be clubs day i think...

Back
Top Bottom