FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Should be available all over the world, they want your money ;)

Well it's not available here in Belgium so I bought it on my US account. Considering the game is out there 27th and you get play it three days in advance, I'll be playing it this time next week, the 24th. :)

Interesting, I really hope they don't geo lock it so you get to 99% then the download fails, I had that problem with a game I bought from the UK marketplace when I tried to download it on my 360 it failed on 99% every time with an error code, googling of the code told me it was related to my IP (being Swedish), the way around I guess is to connect my 360 to my PC and use a VPN for a UK IP, not overly complicated but I couldn't be bothered at the time, if you face this problem let me know and I'll give you the VPN info in case you need a US IP :)

Interesting, I really hope they don't geo lock it so you get to 99% then the download fails, I had that problem with a game I bought from the UK marketplace when I tried to download it on my 360 it failed on 99% every time with an error code, googling of the code told me it was related to my IP (being Swedish), the way around I guess is to connect my 360 to my PC and use a VPN for a UK IP, not overly complicated but I couldn't be bothered at the time, if you face this problem let me know and I'll give you the VPN info in case you need a US IP :)

Thanks! I'm on PS3 and have downloaded games from the US store before without problems but seeing as this is a three day "trial" linked to my US account on a Belgian IP maybe I could have the same problem. Let's hope not, you'll here from me either way ;).

Thanks! I'm on PS3 and have downloaded games from the US store before without problems but seeing as this is a three day "trial" linked to my US account on a Belgian IP maybe I could have the same problem. Let's hope not, you'll here from me either way ;).

I'm on ps3 aswel (UK) and will try the season ticket thing.....hopefully will work fine, if not I might have to ask for a guide to doing the IP stuff :)

I was determined to buy pes2012 this year because i thought that fifa12 barely changed from its 11 version, but after playing the demo I'm buying FIFA12 all the way over pes2012. The new precision dribbling system is superb, I'm loving it :BOP:

Quick question...
A lot if people are complaining about the AI (maybe it's my style of play but it doesn't bother me that much tbh).
Didn't EA say the last thing they would be adding in is AI? The demo obviously isnt the latest build so maybe there will be improvements in the completed game? Doubt it will please everyone though regardless of if there are improvements or not.

Quick question...
A lot if people are complaining about the AI (maybe it's my style of play but it doesn't bother me that much tbh).
Didn't EA say the last thing they would be adding in is AI? The demo obviously isnt the latest build so maybe there will be improvements in the completed game? Doubt it will please everyone though regardless of if there are improvements or not.

Rutter (or whoever) saying AI will be implemented last is an ill-thought, knee-jerk reaction to playtest feedback woes. the fact is it wasn't a focus and when you have near on an entire ''professional'' gaming media set content with online play almost exclusively, they are only too happy to promote the notion that this will indeed be the case. It won't, and players will be relying on sliders to try and get something out of the AI as player stats and tactics sure as shite ain't going to do it.

:LOL: AI being a last minute addition?

The last thing ANY games adds is graphical polish.
I wouldn't say that was true. Technically the last thing in a dev cycle is bug fixing. The only thing Rutter can be referring to (if it wasn't just lazy BS) is that you will do a fair bit of gameplay balancing near the end of the cycle. He doesn't mean that they'll chuck in a load of fresh AI code at the last minute, he means that they'll tweak the variables related to tendencies to find a better balance. Which essentially is what sliders will do too, to a degree.

But personally I wouldn't expect big changes between this demo and retail.

I wouldn't say that was true. Technically the last thing in a dev cycle is bug fixing. The only thing Rutter can be referring to (if it wasn't just lazy BS) is that you will do a fair bit of gameplay balancing near the end of the cycle. He doesn't mean that they'll chuck in a load of fresh AI code at the last minute, he means that they'll tweak the variables related to tendencies to find a better balance. Which essentially is what sliders will do too, to a degree.

No, he (or whoever said it) stated that AI always goes in last. Nobody really believed him but understandably they aren't going to go and contest it with him. Not because he might be right, but because there is no point in press or even dedicated fan sites getting involved in such confrontational nonsense. You take him at his word and let him deal with it should it prove to be you knew better all along.

I don't really get why it wouldn't work if you have an option to have the possibility of a big take over. They do it in Football Manager, and that's the most in-depth football game of all. You just choose from the outset if you want takeovers or not. If no, then all good, if yes, the possiblity is there for billionaires to take over. But in FM not all takeovers are by rich owners, sometimes someone can come in and merely wipe the club's debts clean, but still offer little money. If FIFA had a takeover option, but was a lottery as to how rich those people were, it would create a level of depth and also affect whether you wanted to stay at your club or move on when new owners came in.

I don't disagree with the idea of takeovers in general, particularly if it is a reasonable change of board that fits with the stature of the club. But I do consider someone coming in out of nowhere and giving you a £200m transfer budget to be a potential gamebreaker, sucking the life out of your dealings in the market and the sense of gradual improvement.

I don't want to have to switch off sensible takeovers in order to switch off silly ones.

It's one of those things that shouldn't be automatically stuck in the game just because FM does it, or because it's realistic. It's far more important to get it put in right than to get it put in early. I'm sure EA will indeed put it in next year, but if they've not put it in this year then it's for a reason, which is that rather than affecting one or two teams around you, it suddenly affects you, and if not done correctly could completely fuck up your game save.

I believe, though I'm not positive, that Romily Broad tweeted that the AI is improved in the final code compared to the demo. But who knows how much improvement there will be. Probably not all that much but we can hope.

I don't disagree with the idea of takeovers in general, particularly if it is a reasonable change of board that fits with the stature of the club. But I do consider someone coming in out of nowhere and giving you a £200m transfer budget to be a potential gamebreaker, sucking the life out of your dealings in the market and the sense of gradual improvement.

I don't want to have to switch off sensible takeovers in order to switch off silly ones.

It's one of those things that shouldn't be automatically stuck in the game just because FM does it, or because it's realistic. It's far more important to get it put in right than to get it put in early. I'm sure EA will indeed put it in next year, but if they've not put it in this year then it's for a reason, which is that rather than affecting one or two teams around you, it suddenly affects you, and if not done correctly could completely fuck up your game save.

I'm not completely sold on the idea appearing in the game either truth be told. I like that escapism football gaming brings me and having real life elements being thrust upon me is not my idea of fun. That said, I am old fashioned!

Football games in general have a lot more they need to be getting right and balanced as well before layering on more potential problems. I crave stability over authenticity at the moment.

I believe, though I'm not positive, that Romily Broad tweeted that the AI is improved in the final code compared to the demo. But who knows how much improvement there will be. Probably not all that much but we can hope.

Yep I believe that to be true. So all judgement to date needs to be with a pinch of salt.

I'm not completely sold on the idea appearing in the game either truth be told. I like that escapism football gaming brings me and having real life elements being thrust upon me is not my idea of fun. That said, I am old fashioned!

Football games in general have a lot more they need to be getting right and balanced as well before layering on more potential problems. I crave stability over authenticity at the moment.

That's why the key would be to make it optional - give you the choice to accept or reject an offer for a takeover. That way, if an offer comes in that doesn't fit with what you'd like out of your CM, then you can reject it.

That is a solution, as I said. But, as I also said, it's not exactly realistic.

It'd also be nice for FIFA to start adding things that don't have to be an option in order to be a decent/good idea.

That is a solution, as I said. But, as I also said, it's not exactly realistic.

It'd also be nice for FIFA to start adding things that don't have to be an option in order to be a decent/good idea.

Why not? Someone's got to make the decision to reject or accept a buyout.

And if you say it's unrealistic because a manager would never be involved in this, I'll say back that it's pretty unrealistic for a manager to be able to control the actions of his players in a match. I'd also say it's not typical for a manager to have total control over a club's transfer finances. Or for a beginning manager to take over at Man United.

Strict adherence to realism = no fun for many. But more options allows for more people to get what they want out of CM.

I see the creation center counter has counted down but not much else has happened:

creationcenter.png

just put this lines on your rna.ini file:

CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_BROADCAST=0.06
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_BROADCAST=500
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELE=0.06
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELE=500

and then just zoom out in camera settings ingame :D (i use broadcast camera)

Back
Top Bottom