FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I don't really get why it wouldn't work if you have an option to have the possibility of a big take over. They do it in Football Manager, and that's the most in-depth football game of all. You just choose from the outset if you want takeovers or not. If no, then all good, if yes, the possiblity is there for billionaires to take over. But in FM not all takeovers are by rich owners, sometimes someone can come in and merely wipe the club's debts clean, but still offer little money. If FIFA had a takeover option, but was a lottery as to how rich those people were, it would create a level of depth and also affect whether you wanted to stay at your club or move on when new owners came in.

I'm intrigued about Career Mode this year, but I can't buy it on launch again. Gonna have to wait and see what bugs people unearth in it this year. Three straight games with a broken CM has led me to not want to buy the game unless offline works.

Yeah, I have no problem whatsoever with ownership takeovers being added, as long as I have the option to accept or reject the offer. It's not unrealistic - someone has to make the same decision in real life, even if it's a more complex process.

And yes, this decision would never involve the manager in real life, but it's not as if CM is about limiting itself strictly to a real life manager's role to begin with, otherwise we wouldn't be controlling our players during games or have the degree of input that we have in budget allocation and transfer activities.

This mode has always been at its core about managing a club and I don't see why ownership takeovers shouldn't be added at some point, as long as you have the option to say no.

I see.

Thanks for the info.

What a huge fuckup by Turkish FA as far as we're concerned as fans! Not that they're supposed to care about a videogame lol. but what a big disappointment I imagine to all the Turkish FIFA fans which must be quite a large population!

I was really upset when I heard the news!

Jesus Christ, they've included Crystal Castles - Not In Love ft. Robert Smith in this year's soundtrack? TAKE ALL MY MONEY, EA!

edit: Complete list here in case it wasn't already posted someplace else.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fifa-12-soundtrack-2

neverheard.jpg

I am on a course all day tomorrow, if I want to download the xbox360 demo while away can I do it from the xbox site?

Do I download from xbox.com and have some turn xbox on, so it will download?

Is that that what you do?

I love Crystal Castles. Celestica, Baptism and Suffocation are superb songs.

Oooh The Naked & Famous have one track on too.

Another reason to get FIFA 12 now lol. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, Stuart, don't think it's released till 10am mate, (well for the PC anyway)... go make a brew :)

The FIFA boards are claiming the PS3 demo will be released tomorrow (Wednesday) and not today.

Unsure if this is accurare, but I'm glad I'll be downloading and eventually purchasing on XB360, as per.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom