LGb186EYnZZ9EG54Mnqoq4Bjhg51X9oj.jpg

FC.BARCELONA - REAL MADRID
YouTube - Fifa 12 Barcelona Vs Real Madrid

CHELSEA - MANCHESTER UNT.
YouTube - Fifa 12 Man Utd Vs Chelsea

Last edited:
Hasebe and Honda!

That's a nice cover!

They could've used Kagawa as well. Surprised they didn't. The 3 of them would be perfect.

I started watching the Chelsea-Man United game and then Drogba scored the exact same goal that's been in Fifa for years with the exact same amount of dip and power so i stopped watching. 1:35 in.

I started watching the Chelsea-Man United game and then Drogba scored the exact same goal that's been in Fifa for years with the exact same amount of dip and power so i stopped watching. 1:35 in.

They don't want to disapoint their long time loyal fans!

Sigh - Assisted really is a load of bullshit, isn't it?

It truly is crap. And makes the game play worse than it otherwise can. Semi should be the default.

Default difficulty is set to the middle setting. It should be the same with the computer assistance settings. And it's not like the semi settings are even difficult, while assisted passing leads to mindless button mashing.

FIFA is at its worst when it's just forward-pass->forward-pass->forward-pass->forward-pass->shoot/lose possession, rinse and repeat, which the assisted passing controls promote.

IMO EA would've been better off by instead of introducing Pro Passing they just set default assistance settings to semi and tweaked from there.

Just read you can use creation centre teams in career mode this year.

Don't normally have the game time for cm but it might be worth a try with this, :-)

Riche

that same shit over the top ball that the forward takes on his chest first time and leaves the defender as he goes past.

so unrealistic and annoying. it happens all the time on fifa.

doesnt look much different to fifa 11 at all.

i wont mention the other football game here or go into detail but i think that has the right concept in mind.

where did u c it? so if we create a league we can put it in cm

That would be awesome, especially if there's some way to ensure they're integrated correctly into European competitions as well, I'd be surprised though, more likely you have to use your created team in place of another team.

Is the fact that Turkish league and Czech league are out, OFFICIAL?! Or speculation/guess?

If so, why? What is EA's reason?

Don't think you ever got an answer...

Yep confirmed on FSB, Turkey because the Turkish FA decided late on that they will no longer be the negotiating party for Turkish teams and instead game developers have to negotiate with each individual club, and the Czech league because the Czech FA apparently raised the asking price of their license and EA didn't want to pay it (for both the league and the national team but Konami will have the national team for PES).

I see.

Thanks for the info.

What a huge fuckup by Turkish FA as far as we're concerned as fans! Not that they're supposed to care about a videogame lol. but what a big disappointment I imagine to all the Turkish FIFA fans which must be quite a large population!

94% in Gamesmaster.

I wonder why they were allowed to review it first......

Game magazines are a fucking scam.

Just playind devils advocate here but it wrong for them to score the game highly but ok for a vast majority to slag it off with out playing it?

I have a radical idea for everyone if you don't like the look of it don't buy it and don't play it.No one is forcing you. Not rocket science.

I see loads of film trailers that I don't like the look of. Do I moan and winge? No. I just don;t wath the film

VP yes but CC no IIRC? And worst of all with CC they didn't have any growth possible, so if you spent the time to create real academy players at your club they stay with the exact same stats despite being 16 or so :(

Well those are all things that should be looked at too though. If it can create a picture from your VP it should be able to generate one from the youth players. Or like someone mentioned, make a default guy at least, anything but the blackout.

Well demo should be here soon, can see if there's any fun to be had vs CPU, but I'm sure it will be changed by release! :P

Looks exactly like Fifa 11

I'm more interested in Humber's side of the game. Manager mode looks very interesting this year. The gameplay team needs freshening imo. It's showing signs of stagnation. If the change doesn't happen now we won't see inertia and foot-planting in FIFA13 cause apparently we have it so good already that adding trick takes priority.

Just playind devils advocate here but it wrong for them to score the game highly but ok for a vast majority to slag it off with out playing it?

I have a radical idea for everyone if you don't like the look of it don't buy it and don't play it.No one is forcing you. Not rocket science.

I see loads of film trailers that I don't like the look of. Do I moan and winge? No. I just don;t wath the film

That's a totally fair question, but I think it's also perfectly fair for people to be somewhat cynical when for years now FIFA reviews have been more like advertising than critical analysis.

Honestly there's no way FIFA should've scored above a 7 last year when you consider the bugs, online troubles, and a near-unplayable single player mode - and not to mention horrendous imbalances in gameplay itself. But instead 11 goes down as, I think, the highest rated football game of all time.

So yeah, I'd say that the suspicion and cynicism is somewhat warranted.

I'm more interested in Humber's side of the game. Manager mode looks very interesting this year. The gameplay team needs freshening imo. It's showing signs of stagnation. If the change doesn't happen now we won't see inertia and foot-planting in FIFA13 cause apparently we have it so good already that adding trick takes priority.

Absolutely. If CM is as good as it looks, Humber is going to be considered at least a minor god among the community. Especially after the WC game.

Makes you wonder when the "put Humber in charge" threads start popping up.

Having said that, my money is on FIFA 12 being significantly better than 11, and I'm not so sure saying that it's starting to stagnate isn't being more than a bit harsh.

Honestly there's no way FIFA should've scored above a 7 last year when you consider the bugs, online troubles, and a near-unplayable single player mode - and not to mention horrendous imbalances in gameplay itself.

I've played career mode since fifa 11's launch, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. At the end, it was mainly the repetitive gameplay that annoyed me, but I would still enjoy it if I kept to 2 or 3 matches per sitting. I would say a game that keeps me satisfied for almost a year, is a very good game, and I'm sure I will like Fifa 12 even better.

So I guess it's a matter of opinion.

I've played career mode since fifa 11's launch, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. At the end, it was mainly the repetitive gameplay that annoyed me, but I would still enjoy it if I kept to 2 or 3 matches per sitting. I would say a game that keeps me satisfied for almost a year, is a very good game, and I'm sure I will like Fifa 12 even better.

Well the point was that a 7 is not terrible but neither is it great either. And while a lot of us have been able to eke out enough joy from CM to keep us occupied over the past year, if you're trying to say that CM in FIFA 11 was any good than you have extremely low standards.

yep same here. I've got more than my moneys worth. and that's without all the games I've played with my mates, nephew, dad.. My Dad is 66 and plays full manaul, respect!

yep same here. I've got more than my moneys worth. and that's without all the games I've played with my mates, nephew, dad.. My Dad is 66 and plays full manaul, respect!

Last time I checked I don't think anyone has ever argued that buying FIFA isn't worth the money. I'm pretty sure what people are saying is it's not a great representation of the real sport. That's two very different things - value for money vs realist football and quality game modes.

Last edited:
So there was a Q&A on Twitter with Simon Humber (mostly about CM Yay!), will post it here in a spoiler as it's long, won't bother finding the questions as the answers should hopefully make them obvious!

1. .@Adam_Dennis9515 Transfer deadline day gives you 10 hrs for your final moves & perhaps u receive offers u were not expecting.....
  2. .@agham1992 There are many news stories about players wanting to leave their clubs, so it's a good idea to watch the news for opportunities
  3. .@aisida Career Mode on PC is the same as on console.
  4. .@AliJMB The league badges are baked onto kits, so they don't change as you get promoted & relegated. I'll ask if that can happen next year.
  5. .@AToZed71 CPU managers don't get fired, but that's something I'd like to do in the future.
  6. .@Bazzer239 GKs growth curves are set to be a bit later than outfield players, so they mature and retire later in life.
  7. .@besohany International matches are not in this year's game, we wanted to nail the club experience before then including national teams.
  8. .@Bo3aYeD Players near the end of their contracts are a bit cheaper to buy, but not so much cheaper it's an exploit.
  9. .@CCFC_Charlie Indeed there is an option to buy the player at the end of the loan. You agree the fee up front.
  10. .@chefo24 Poor match performance for VPs leading to being subbed was something I did on World Cup and will do in FIFA for next year I think.
  11. .@DanSFCMerritt You can't intervene during a sim match.
  12. .@Dave797 Changing the order of the transfer search options was about the ONLY thing we were not able to do from Gamechangers feedback.
  13. .@Dave797 Go and change some nappies.
  14. .@Dave797 Those prodigy players are already highly rated, so they pretty quickly grow to fulfil their potential.
  15. .@davidcurwen Academy players earn traits through growing their attributes over time. They are not created with them.
  16. .@deanothedalefan Created teams and created leagues can be imported into Career Mode. A different group on the team did that work.
  17. .@DingerDingerWhereIsMyDinger Form is included this year, getting a good start to the season is important to get your players playing well
  18. .@DjPinder Transfers between rival clubs can happen but they tend to need big money to grease the wheels.
  19. .@eddylee_15 Great question about Pompey's transfer budget. 200,000,000 pounds. ;)
  20. .@edwards222 Young players will have blank faces sadly, something I want to tackle next year.
  21. .@efahrmz It's possible to get players to less prestigious clubs for high wages. Note:any potential employers out there for me take note...
  22. .@fifablog Your virtual pro doesn't follow you to a new club, but you should be able to buy him in the transfer market (I think).
  23. .@FMFifa We're not going to be Football Manager. We're a football sim with a management element. Don't have memory&processor power they do.
  24. .@Frankie567 Career Mode still lasts for 15 seasons.
  25. .@gareth_lindsell Yes you can attempt to sign any player on loan, regardless of whether their club has listed them for loan.
  26. .@georgeclarkson We don't have staff this year. I'm considering whether they actually add to the experience or are just an annoyance.
  27. .@graziano_m27 FIFA 11 PC was using FIFA 10 Manager Mode. You'll have no trouble buying players this year.
  28. .@hick84 You can't save cup formations, but there is new way of swapping players which makes it much faster to put a B team together.
  29. .@iainpettitt Regardless of your VP's reputation, if you are tired and the match is not important, then you should be rested.
  30. .@J_Sass A player doesn't disrupt the entire team's morale but he might constantly complain to you that he is unhappy.
  31. .@Jack_Howell Players do demand transfers if upset. Getting Fabregas back to Arsenal? Move on, let it go, he doesn't love you any more...
  32. .@JamesDayy You should find it is much easier to get rid of the players you are listing.
  33. .@JCLFAULKNER Some players are loyal to their clubs & don't want to move. If you are their manager then listing them gives them the message
  34. .@jordanmurphy10 This year you can say yes/no/stall to incoming offers. Next year I'd like the ability to name a price in the counter offer.
  35. .@jstone1993 Sounds as if you don't realise that Team Management from the main menu is saved, but on the way to the match it is not.
  36. .@JW994 You can renegotiate your player's contracts if they don't like the offer. They might not want to talk for a couple of weeks though.
  37. .@KyleArtistLifeDrawing If a player is upset or happy, he will often appear in a popup on the main hub to tell you about his thoughts.
  38. .@LBKalhor Youth scouting is back, u have 16 places in your academy so you need to be careful which players u sign so you don't waste a slot
  39. .@lufcbudda Players near the end of contracts don't get artificial boosts to make them play better. Nothing is artificially boosted.
  40. .@lufcbudda The minimum age of a squad player is 16, so once your Academy players reach 16 you can offer them a contract.
  41. .@MAEAlfy The energy recovery is different this year, so if you have a lot of cup matches to play you need to consider your squad rotation.
  42. .@mkgn29 Being fired as a player or manager mid season isn't in this year. I want to get it down for next year though.
  43. .@mkgn29 Loan players will grow while they are away from your club, and you can see their attributes growing on the new Squad Report screen.
  44. .@mkgn29 We don't have swap deals for transfers this year, it'll be something we'll look at for next year.
  45. .@mkgn29 Yes when you are playing as a player your manager will be buying and selling players during the transfer window. But not you.
  46. .@MrHarpz You can buy other club's youth prospects once they join that team's full squad. Watch the news for 'One For The Future' stories
  47. .@Munrajisabanger Yes the commentary in the game mentions your club's expectations & how they are doing. Also about player stories going on.
  48. .@n1mccabe You can't tap players up! FIFA tend to frown on that type of thing...
  49. .@Nathansahero The maximum a high potential player can grow in one season is about 3 inches. #Growthspurt
  50. .@rajeshkanna_s If you get fired from a big club then the offers you receive should reflect your slightly damaged reputation.
  51. .@rbiggins1 You can talk to the media before important games. It's your chance to try to inspire your team or put the opposition off.
  52. .@ryanthelou I'm considering what could work on the web, but since you want to play the matches on console I'm not sure there is much point
  53. .@Sc0rp1o Rich consortiums do indeed take over clubs in the game, but only CPU ones this year. Stoke went mad in my game with their money.
  54. .@Spilsbo Yes young players will develop even if you don't play them, but at a slower rate and they may not reach their potential.
  55. .@Tejazz89 The new morale system may cause instability in your team, if you leave players out of the team or the team is under-performing.
  56. .@ThankYouCarra Yes CPU teams will bid on your unlisted players. They can be very persistent at times.
  57. @HsSajwani Diving has been considered but we're all about fair play and prefer to encourage that.
  58. @HsSajwani It's definitely harder to score from crosses this year. Team like Barcelona will be much stronger.

Please note I cleaned up the text in excel so they're not in the order they appeared in Twitter, apologies if it messes anything up :)

Last time I checked I don't think anyone has ever argued that buying FIFA isn't worth the money. I'm pretty sure what people are saying is it's not a great representation of the real sport. That's two very different things - value for money vs realist football and quality game modes.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make any logical sense to me.This has nothing to do about representation of real football. People slate the game and slate EA.

This is fine if someone doesnt like it. But how on earth can a game be slated so much and yet be worth the money?

It just isn't logical. It's worth the money to me as I play it and enjoy it. If you buy it and don't play it or don't enjoy it which eventually would lead to not playing it then it must be money wasted.

".@Dave797 Go and change some nappies."

That made me laugh yesterday! Pretty cool EA producers show interest in fans/gamechangers personal life.

I'm so hyped for Career Mode it's insane at my age! Let's hope bugs and glitches won't ruin the experience.

[*].@AliJMB The league badges are baked onto kits, so they don't change as you get promoted & relegated. I'll ask if that can happen next year.

game breaker...somehow. how many years do people complain about this? how many years does konami already implent this feature? it must be so damn easy to implent.

game breaker...somehow. how many years do people complain about this? how many years does konami already implent this feature? it must be so damn easy to implent.
maybe it's easy, but with all of those leagues that FIFA has, maybe there's a risk of more bugs or skyrocketed PC requirements ?

Back
Top Bottom