FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I watched the real madrid vs barça match. My honest and humble opinion:

1-2s + lofted trough ball combo = too easy, always resulting in very danger attack or 1-1s situations.

First touchs are too easy as well.

Defensive Ai looks very poor. I hope this is not on "hard" level. It's always the attack agains the defence line, come on...

Wingers alwasy have an avenue to run, this is terrible, too easy to make 1-2 + throuh pass combo with them, no cover at all.

Finesse shots still look a bit too easy.

I'll wait for the demo, but the video really looks bad to me, except for the sorted pressure.

Last edited:
maybe it's easy, but with all of those leagues that FIFA has, maybe there's a risk of more bugs or skyrocketed PC requirements ?

it would be the addition of exactly 4 polygons for every player model + the inclusion of one more texture with a size of what, maximum 256x256.

ea has got the licenses (not all anymore shall i say), but they always have been too lazy to make the best of it.

praising their content while in the end all you can play on a decent quality level are the big 4 or 5 leagues. everything else is missing most of the goalkeeper kits, small sponsors on the kits, etc.

it just sucks. and my "game breaker" comment: of course a joke, but i can't enjoy a supposed realistic recreation of football if the most obvious things are not implented in a correct way...

Lots of "next year" in there, will be interesting to refer back to the list this time next year and see if any do get implemented.

CM does sound good, but I'm worried that the gameplay is going to ruin CM anyway.

Well considering how lacking CM was last year assuming all works as it should he has already implemented a massive amount of improvement in one year so no reason to doubt he will continue such improvements next year, personally I'd take 11's gameplay with the new CM, but of course still glad that certain things have been improved on the gameplay front ;)

ME0001447484_2.jpg

ME0001447489_2.jpg

ME0001447487_2.jpg

ME0001447485_2.jpg

ME0001447491_2.jpg

ME0001447490_2.jpg

ME0001447488_2.jpg

ME0001447486_2.jpg

ME0001447483_2.jpg

One thing that annoys me about FIFA is that the release date almost always coincides with the release dates of new boots (or new colourways), making the game instantly outdated when it comes to boots.
They should put new boots as DLC like they did in the world cup game.

Like Placebo, I would even take FIFA 11s gameplay with this year CM mode!

Anyway slightly bad news about CPU (AI) clubs being only ones who can potentially being taken over by tycoons. No human clubs. Tho I suppose you can then get that job if they fire their manager and offer you at end of season so you may still end up at a rich club with a new rich owner who invests lots of $$$

Like Placebo, I would even take FIFA 11s gameplay with this year CM mode!

Anyway slightly bad news about CPU (AI) clubs being only ones who can potentially being taken over by tycoons. No human clubs. Tho I suppose you can then get that job if they fire their manager and offer you at end of season so you may still end up at a rich club with a new rich owner who invests lots of $$$

Indeed is a let down.. ill have to start at some other team until Everton gets bought than, cause with our finances CM wont be fun at all hahaha LOL

It's one of those things where you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. If EA let your club get taken over by a tycoon then that kind of shits on the experience people were intending to get when they took over Everton or Blackpool. I'd be annoyed if I was trying to earn my place at the top, only for the game to essentially enforce a money cheat on you and spoil your save.

Obviously you could put in an option to be taken over by a multi-billionaire but that isn't a realistic way to handle it.

Yeah I'm somewhat of the same opinion, they just need to make more realistic financial growth so that if you have say 3 or 4 seasons where you're challenging at the top of the prem and in the champions league and such your budget grows to an amount commensurate with such exposure/achievement.

Unless CM is riddled with bugs - always a possibility - it sounds like a massive improvement FINALLY.

Some real good stuff in those tweets, although some minor disappointments too. Frustrating that again VPs don't follow you if you switch clubs - that really should be a no brainer and I don't get why they changed this after 10.

That's awesome that ownership takeovers are in for CPU clubs, and probably a good thing that it initially is only for CPU teams. Same that it's probably a good thing that you can no longer get fired midseason - it's clear this hasn't worked well and it's better to remove the feature, work on the higher priorities, and then get it right maybe next year.

I think at the moment I'm most intrigued by this news that created teams and created leagues can be imported into CM. This could be awesome, or disappointing, depending on its implementation. For example, does this mean that I can add more lower divisions (i.e. can created leagues be integrated into relegation/promotion structure?)? Also, can we manage created teams? And if yes, can we place created teams into an existing league (i.e. can I create a team and add it to an existing league or substitute it for an existing team?)?

If we can do these things then it'll be a fun and welcome addition. If not, then a lot of potential wasted. In particular, I really hope we can add more lower leagues, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also, really nice to hear that our academy players will accumulate traits as they grow - but then does this imply that all players can accumulate traits as they grow? Hopefully..

Hoping both games this year are enjoyable beyond the initial 2-3 month period. And to be honest it looks like they may be. Fifa online only gets worse once you start playing players who do anything for a virtual victory, probably players at levels of 30+(not all mind you). Its dissapointing because untill then its quite even skill wise and people play with different teams and use alternative tactics.

So im really waiting for a game that gets closer to what I personally believe football console titles should be all about.

I have no issue with it being for all Clubs - it is in Football Manager and that's not an issue.

Perhaps it should be optional though...

I have no issue with it being for all Clubs - it is in Football Manager and that's not an issue.

Perhaps it should be optional though...

A simple option of "enable possible takeovers" before you start CM would be a simple solution, like the handball one.

It's one of those things where you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. If EA let your club get taken over by a tycoon then that kind of shits on the experience people were intending to get when they took over Everton or Blackpool. I'd be annoyed if I was trying to earn my place at the top, only for the game to essentially enforce a money cheat on you and spoil your save.

Obviously you could put in an option to be taken over by a multi-billionaire but that isn't a realistic way to handle it.

I don't really get why it wouldn't work if you have an option to have the possibility of a big take over. They do it in Football Manager, and that's the most in-depth football game of all. You just choose from the outset if you want takeovers or not. If no, then all good, if yes, the possiblity is there for billionaires to take over. But in FM not all takeovers are by rich owners, sometimes someone can come in and merely wipe the club's debts clean, but still offer little money. If FIFA had a takeover option, but was a lottery as to how rich those people were, it would create a level of depth and also affect whether you wanted to stay at your club or move on when new owners came in.

I'm intrigued about Career Mode this year, but I can't buy it on launch again. Gonna have to wait and see what bugs people unearth in it this year. Three straight games with a broken CM has led me to not want to buy the game unless offline works.

#FIFA12 demo times: PC download will be available from 13 September @ 10am BST from easportsfootball.com

what this mean?how many Hours left ?

Yeah the screen shots are great. When I'd waited 20 minutes for them to load, I was impressed.

However, when are they going to sort those bloody shorts out? They never hug the thighs - like shorts tend to. Scared of the legs, I'm assuming.

Very pretty, all the same.

Back
Top Bottom