FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

That's the impact engine right? What would trigger a tackle like that. His foot was already in the air so he wasn't going for a header and the slide tackle button normally doesn't make your do a flying kick. And btw, that had better be a red card in the actual game.

You surely didn't mean your question to be funny but I'm sorry I can't help myself from laughing

Hmm...interesting. So what the hell have you been doing here (FIFA 12 Discussion Thread) for the last few months?

Seriously, dont need to be a seer to know that the demo will be the same as the full version.

Show me one post where I gave a final verdict on either PES 2012 or FIFA 12. There's a difference between constructive criticism and discussion, and reading someone else's impressions or seeing a youtube vid and proclaiming the game shit. And no, the final versions have almost always been somewhat different than the demos.

Hope the sliders make the game playable for manual players against the AI, it´s simply impossible to play manual against an AI that have 90% of pass accuracy even with a 3 star team!

Has it been confirmed that sliders actually affect cpu controlled teams?

I wouldn't put it past EA to have sliders affect the human controlled team, so you can introduce slower pass speeds and error to your own players, meantime the cpu continues to play its usual pixel perfect, rocket speed nonsense.

Don't forget, when you change the game control to manual, the cpu team still plays 100% perfect, so they are known for this kind of unbalanced bull.

gameklip said:
well, it's similar to how the "vision" attribute was just "there" for years and now EA have "activated it". EA seem to be gradually making their ideas work. Maybe one day, for instance, custom tactics will be applied to each individual team to add personality to each game?

Custom tactics worked in FIFA10. You could assign different tactics to different teams and their playing style did change. They kept the name custom tactics in FIFA11, but reduced its efficacy to zero. I'm guessing the reason they did that is because they are hopeless c*nts, but I may be wrong.

Last edited:
And that highlights the biggest issue with the AI atm. Teams should be able to determine how compact/open, deep/high they want their backline to be! Setting it for every team in an overal slider just f#$kes it up and makes everyone play the same! Really annoys me, and confirms what we all thought anyway that every team plays to a standard pattern/tactic with small refinements making the difference.

Rest of the sliders look really good though. I'm also happy with the goalie ability tbh, I know earlier someone thought it was weird, but we might be able to set everything up that 1-1's are an uncommon situation...and then you don't want the goalies to have superhuman reactions when you would normally score from the 1-1.

No, this (in bold) is incorrect. Individual team tactics still apply. It's just that now, when you adjust one of those sliders, every team will play slightly different than its default team tactics based on the slider change you made.

So, take for example two teams: Team A plays a high line, and Team B plays a deep line. Say you adjust the slider to make defensive lines play deeper. Now, Team A and Team B will both play slightly deeper than before, but you are not overriding their custom tactics - Team B will still play deeper relative to Team A.

It's as if you went into each team's custom tactics and adjusted them to play slightly deeper than their default settings. But instead, you're adjusting it for every team at once. And then you can still go in and re-adjust team tactics individually.

Adding sliders is one of the best moves EA has made for the offline experience, and especially, I hope, for us manual players - we might finally be able to adjust it so that it's more of a fair fight against the CPU!

EA will never be able to please everybody at one time, so allowing us more options to customize our experience is great any way you look at it. Hopefully this is just the first step and more sliders will be included in the future.

Has it been confirmed that sliders actually affect cpu controlled teams?

I wouldn't put it past EA to have sliders affect the human controlled team, so you can introduce slower pass speeds and error to your own players, meantime the cpu continues to play its usual pixel perfect, rocket speed nonsense.

Don't forget, when you change the game control to manual, the cpu team still plays 100% perfect, so they are known for this kind of unbalanced bull.

Custom tactics worked in FIFA10. You could assign different tactics to different teams and their playing style did change. They kept the name custom tactics in FIFA11, but reduced its efficacy to zero. I'm guessing the reason they did that is because they are hopeless c*nts, but I may be wrong.

Yes, sliders are included for both CPU and human controlled teams - so you'll be able to adjust them independent of each other. So this is especially great for us manual players, hopefully.

And yeah, don't really understand what happened with custom tactics in 11 - they really seemed to take a back-step from 10. You could really tell too by the way the community project to create a database for realistic team tactics dropped off after 10, everyone pretty much gave up after a strong showing the previous year.

Yes, sliders are included for both CPU and human controlled teams - so you'll be able to adjust them independent of each other. So this is especially great for us manual players, hopefully.

And yeah, don't really understand what happened with custom tactics in 11 - they really seemed to take a back-step from 10. You could really tell too by the way the community project to create a database for realistic team tactics dropped off after 10, everyone pretty much gave up after a strong showing the previous year.

Do you mean you can adjust sliders that, if you wished, affect only the cpu team? Has this been confirmed? If so, then that might indeed be a major breakthrough for the 1-player game....ie. make it vaguely playable.

And if custom tactics were reactivated, then it could even be a half-decent 1-player game.

Do you mean you can adjust sliders that, if you wished, affect only the cpu team? Has this been confirmed? If so, then that might indeed be a major breakthrough for the 1-player game....ie. make it vaguely playable.

And if custom tactics were reactivated, then it could even be a half-decent 1-player game.

In other EA games there are sliders separated for CPU and Human, so i believe that you can edit only for CPU in fifa12 also, i hope so!

Can't wait to test those sliders for manual games against CPU!

In other EA games there are sliders separated for CPU and Human, so i believe that you can edit only for CPU in fifa12 also, i hope so!

Can't wait to test those sliders for manual games against CPU!

Cool. I'll believe a misplaced cpu pass only when I see it.

Yes, confirmed. There will be one set of sliders for the CPU team, and another for your team.

What I don't know is how it works when playing 1v1 offline; I don't know if CPU sliders is the same as Player 2.

But in any case, yeah, it's great for single player because we can hopefully make the CPU play more realistic if need be. Too bad though there aren't more for defending, something to ensure the CPU's responses and tackling isn't super-human again.

@ Max,

I realise you are having a bit of a discussion with everyone but read my line after the one you bolded! Surely the whole problem with overal tactical sliders is that it will just keep everything as bland as it already is?! You even state it in your own post. So team A that plays a high line...will now HAVE TO play a deeper high line because you want team B to play a proper deep line. It's stupid and highlights what was wrong with 11. It means the teams will continue to be stretched and makes it impossible to have a Barca-Inter CL semi (the one where they parked the bus) as the Barca defenders will still be pushing themselves artificially back towards their own goal.

And as for the individual tactics....well they didn't work for 11. I did about 15 for 10 and they worked quite good, I tested them AI-AI and you could see the difference. However in 11 there really wasn't a worthwhile difference.....and the overal sliders they have now introduced highlights why. Those sliders shouldn't be anywhere near an overal menu imo, they should be created per team in CT's.

A bypass would be that we change the settings for every match per team......but really that's as poor as having to log out of MM to get a bloody night game (09).

Don't get me wrong, I think all the other sliders are a great addition and I'm really looking forward to testing them out. However the fact that the teams play so generically and they show why with those 4 sliders really grates me as a CM only player looking for some character in matches and teams.

Those sliders shouldn't be anywhere near an overal menu imo, they should be created per team in CT's.

A bypass would be that we change the settings for every match per team......but really that's as poor as having to log out of MM to get a bloody night game (09).

Don't get me wrong, I think all the other sliders are a great addition and I'm really looking forward to testing them out. However the fact that the teams play so generically and they show why with those 4 sliders really grates me as a CM only player looking for some character in matches and teams.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, but about all the sliders. For example, I'd want to change the passing speed and accuracy to be maximum for some teams, but minimum for others. Same for all the sliders....I want to vary them per team. I'd sooner be able to save the settings as part of each team's attributes/tactics, rather than have to manually adjust them before each match (assuming you can adjust before each match in career mode, and you're not locked into the choices you make at the start of career mode).

I've still to see a video which shows convincing evidence of them in operation.

Great news, I think we will pretty much all want to tweak the sliders to adjust the game to be as realistic/sim like as possible so probably worth having a separate "sim sliders" thread so we can work out what settings are best to make the game more sim like without breaking things too much :)
a fucking shame it cant be applied online!

Day off too. Let's play clubs before they work out how to exploit shit and download 120 rated Afro-giants.

I tried to be strong.....

After reading jazz's post about how shit the version he played was I reacted

However, who am I kidding. I was always going to get it one way or another, besides playing this on release day is better than a night out for me ( sad I know ). So worth it

Just hope some manual players about to play me.

People who play manual or anyone who has is getting it on xbox 360, add me on xbl. GT bitter rivals

I'm quite down on the sliders really. I believe in the concept, but not so far in the application. This is a start - it will improve teh game a little here and there - but it's going to allow you to improve teh game a little bit, not a lot.

The sliders in their current guise will not facilitate the hardcore and the casual gamers both being satisfied by one game, so, as usual, the group who'll be unsatisfied will be us.

YouTube - Best goal to date on Fifa 12 Wow!

christ "oh my days blud!" so depressing.

Pol%25C3%25ADtico%2Bderrotado.jpg

derrota.jpg

Err... that can't be as stupid as it looks. *zooms in*. omfg it is. That's ridiculously, ridiculously, ridiculously, ridiculously screwed up. That's one of the 'flair pass' animations I swear - and it annoys me when it's a pass but a bullet shot? :L Better be a bug.

Probably cause it was abused beyond limits.

Back
Top Bottom