FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I only need to listen to jaz, we share the same opinions about FIFA

Disappointed to hear this.

Who am I kidding though, i only really play footy games so I will probably buy both this year

Really? So, that's how it is this year - if you choose FIFA, you're probably not open-minded?

And you've come to this conclusion before either game has been released? Before either game has released its final demo? Please.

And I'm pretty sure you just perfectly expressed what it means to NOT be open-minded!

I'll be buying both but I know some here are bull-headed enough to ignore the quality of the game just because it doesn't sparkle as brightly as FIFA12. Those were the gamers I was speaking off.

Just check the youtube comments on the new trailer. A hyped-up soundtrack and steroid injected-skills sesh elicits squeels of joy from the kids. I'm not sure i'm part of that crowd. I want depth in my sports games and EA is drifting further and futher away judging by all the impresisons so far.

It's just not there.

I can only hope that EA spend a year on the A.I for 13 rather than the end of the gaming cycle. This game is screaming for more diverse gameplay (if it's anything like it is last year). I actually hope that with FIFA street the emphasis is put back on passing and movement and team-based defensive strategies (holding the line and backing off until a midfielder can commit a tackle).

Ooooh polakis says johnny_on talks bollocks :OOOH:

Here's a radical idea: why not wait until you play the final demos - or even better, the full retail release for a few weeks - before condemning PES 2012 or FIFA 12 to the rubbish bin?

For every negative impression you find, for either game, there is an equally positive impression to be found. Maybe it's best to not accept the impressions of another person, who typically is playing early code and only for short periods of time, and instead make your own mind up once you've played it first hand?

Regarding FIFA's Impact Engine, I seriously doubt it'll be any more "rubbish" than it will be "revolutionary." Adam hasn't been impressed. Others have. Make up your own mind after you play it.

Think everyone will make up their own mind of course.

phil and Kev have played FIFA online with me for years. We all want the same thing from the game, so respect each other opinions. Like last year when Kev wasn't that happy with 11 when he played the preview. All that shit was still there on release.

I did say I was still going to buy the game and there are plus points over 11 even on the build I played.

there are though a few things not up for debate from the build I played.

180 first time passes ALL the time .AND they reach intended target.
Game speed too fast.
You can 1-2 up either wing with no chance of stopping it unless you custom formation.
stamina means nothing
runs not tracked.

If your happy with those things still being there then fair enough. I'm not sure I can put up with another year of it.

Yes, good idea. Nobody should discuss anything about the game at all until after its release, particularly not on a discussion forum. Furthermore, nobody should comment upon the final game until at least 3 months of daily playing as it's only then that you could form an accurate opinion on how it plays.

And don't even bother playing the demos because, as everyone knows, they are not intended to give an accurate flavour of how the final game will play, but are completely different, usually 200 times worse than the final code, to deliberately give a wholly false impression of the final game and deter people from buying it.

Well now that's just moronic. If you're replying to my comment, and I'm assuming you must be, then nice job totally misrepresenting my post.

Come on stop the bickering we should all realise that PES is for open minded people only and is the thinking mans game /end sarcasm ..I've been on PES most of tonight and whilst its a big improvenent its still too ridgid for me and what's with the midfielders trying scissor kicks from 40 + yards ..seen it several times now

I'll be buying both but I know some here are bull-headed enough to ignore the quality of the game just because it doesn't sparkle as brightly as FIFA12. Those were the gamers I was speaking off.

Just check the youtube comments on the new trailer. A hyped-up soundtrack and steroid injected-skills sesh elicits squeels of joy from the kids. I'm not sure i'm part of that crowd. I want depth in my sports games and EA is drifting further and futher away judging by all the impresisons so far.

It's just not there.

I can only hope that EA spend a year on the A.I for 13 rather than the end of the gaming cycle. This game is screaming for more diverse gameplay (if it's anything like it is last year). I actually hope that with FIFA street the emphasis is put back on passing and movement and team-based defensive strategies (holding the line and backing off until a midfielder can commit a tackle).

Sure, fine, but tagging people as not being open minded is a bit harsh. People simply have their preferences, and for many one game or another simply doesn't fit the bill. But us gamers in general are pretty open minded - provide a quality football game and we'll play it.

This whole, "you're either with or against us" attitude gets tiring. There's no reason you can't like both PES and FIFA. In fact, I think that's what many of us would wish for - two great football games.

Implying that many choose FIFA because of its "sparkle" completely fails to take into account that EA does a lot of things really really well. Preferring FIFA to PES does not necessarily imply a preference for "sparkle." Saying so is in itself close-minded.

It's also unfair to say that EA's game is "drifting further and further away" from depth - FIFA today is light-years beyond what it was before 08. Sure, EA hasn't put as much emphasis on depth and tactics as many of us would like, or as much as its competitor does (at the expense of other areas), but FIFA is far more realistic and deep than it once was. It's just that other aspects of the game are improved upon at a faster rate, which many of us do not like.

Just remember, many of us used to laugh at FIFA, only taking PES seriously. But when we switched, it wasn't because all of the sudden our preferences changed and we preferred "sparkle" to depth. There's a lot more to it than that.

Meh...I know this game is going to be pretty much FIFA 11 and certainly not worth €40 but knowing I only buy 4-5 games a year, this is going to be one of them in addition to PES and FM 2012, BF 3 and AC: Revelations

Here's a radical idea: why not wait until you play the final demos - or even better, the full retail release for a few weeks - before condemning PES 2012 or FIFA 12 to the rubbish bin?

What a crazy suggestion. You simply have to support one faction and decree that the other is absolutely awful. God forbid people think critically and assess each game based on it's OWN individual merits rather than already having pre-conceived biased thoughts before the release of the full version. This is war after all!

Last edited:
Come on stop the bickering we should all realise that PES is for open minded people only and is the thinking mans game /end sarcasm ..I've been on PES most of tonight and whilst its a big improvenent its still too ridgid for me and what's with the midfielders trying scissor kicks from 40 + yards ..seen it several times now

How about not pressing shoot when the ball is still leaving the passer's boot :P

Hmm...interesting. So what the hell have you been doing here (FIFA 12 Discussion Thread) for the last few months?

Seriously, dont need to be a seer to know that the demo will be the same as the full version.

Have to say the Nani goal at the end of that trailer was almost a carbon copy of the goal he scored against Arsenal last week...Without seeing more of the game and how it "feels" its hard to wax lyrical but it does look really quite good when you put it in to context.

If you insist...

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-12-gameplay-sliders/

These sound promising:

"Positioning: Run frequency
Increases/decreases the number of runs teammates will make."

"Pass Error
Increases/Reduces the amount of error applied to a teams ground passes. This does not affect other types of passes."

Why cant they just get the fecking defaults right.

All sliders means is i'll be able to see how good online could be if they had the balls to put in passing error. Offline is like a strip club, dick tease, here's what you could've won.

Play offline with perfect settings, then go online and get 1-2 bummed because its nothing like the same...

The defaults have to be right or half the modes of the game become redundant day one.

0Hoca.jpg

mOqMj.jpg

5KgiJ.jpg

2wCxF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are your gripes more to do with problems playing a human player?

Yeah pretty much all of them come from how easy it was for someone to exploit the game.

As i said in one of my posts yesterday the best game i saw yesterday was a match with human against CPU. I think offline is gonna be a big improvement this year. If your a CM fan i think you'll be happy. Online it looks like it could be a mess.

Still things can change.

Yeah pretty much all of them come from how easy it was for someone to exploit the game.

As i said in one of my posts yesterday the best game i saw yesterday was a match with human against CPU. I think offline is gonna be a big improvement this year. If your a CM fan i think you'll be happy. Online it looks like it could be a mess.

Still things can change.

1v1 with friends is always going to be the best.

I'll wait for Jazz/Phil/Kev to come up with the best set of sliders then play them :)

That Micah Richards screenshot above is amazing.

Sounds like CM will be good and CLUBS will be rubbish, at least 50% of what i play will be improved.

CLUBS has the ability to be brilliant, but from what Jaz is saying our manual club won't last very long again.

haha my bad but I thought PES was all about realism? I've never seen Rooney in real life attempt a scissor kick from 40 yards ever let alone twice in one match

Yes we all agree it should be toned down...but my point was, you can't press a button too early like in FIFA. You have to time the shot/button press and you'll see less of those overheads. Even though they should be taken out of the game from that distance.

Back
Top Bottom