FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Just got out from Gamerbase in Manc playing FIFA 12, well I think it was FIFA 12 :-)

Made notes as I went.

Bad
180 passes bullshit 100% still there maybe even worse.
1-2 spamming is the new ping pong.
Runs not tracked - even on legendary.
Players Pace - less defensive catch up should be a good thing but with the 1-2 shit it's impossible to cover.
Stamina still shite. Does nothing.
Shots without setting self still laser guided to top corner.
Game on whole - Still to fast

Good
Shooting more varied.*
Pressure gone
Easy Headers gone
Fullbacks over lap on their own
Crowd bounces up and down, looks like a Poznan :-).*

I went to see the preview of FIFA 11 last year and loved it.
Sadly all the things I liked never made the retail version of 11, so I know how much it can change, but if what I played today was the retail version I'd be taking it back within a few weeks.

Ps Manual players - you are more screwed than ever of playing assisted players. I was hoping it might even up a little without pressure but the lack of passing error seemed worse than last year if that's possible.

Pps - impact Engine. Adam saying it's toned down is a good thing because when it kicks in it looks shit. I'm glad it was toned down. Be happy for them to take it out.

Last edited:
~Spend two years making impact engine.

Try your best not to put it in the final game.~

I'd rather EA spent 2 years on deep defensive and offensive AI systems for the CPU.

Everyone still looks like chumps, that's stunned me following EA hyping the tech. At least they've got GTA4's impact system in.

Everyone still looks like chumps, that's stunned me following EA hyping the tech.

If that's the result of EA's face scanning technology then they can keep it. Seriously, those faces look every inch as plastic and inaccurate as ever. There are probably a few very good faces but overall I'm not impressed with tech that was supposed to leave PES's more agricultural face-making method in the shade.

leave PES's more agricultural face-making method in the shade.
superstock1775r17770.jpg

Everyone still looks like chumps, that's stunned me following EA hyping the tech. At least they've got GTA4's impact system in.

pretty sure you guys are tired of me banging on about faces and player models but I have no idea how EA can't see what's wrong with these player models. The arms and shoulders are just WRONG lol

they look simian. i'd rather the arms drops down naturally than in constant action man pose.

Last post was on iPhone so can add a few more points now i'm back home.

1v1 this game was broke. Not just manual v assisted but in the other games i watched.

PLR v CPU was the best match i watched. Some kid who wasn't a knob playing the AI was pretty good, bit like the City v Sunderland vid the other day, why this doesn't translate to 1v1 i dont know.

Lets talk the so-called innovations -

Impact Engine - with subtle things its ok but it makes no difference to the game, when it big collision it looks shit and can take out one of your defenders.

Vision AI - Just means 4+ star teams can do 180 passes. Waste of time

Tactical Defending - Works.. Its better than 11.

Skilled Dribbling - Not enough game time to judge or get to grips to, promising though.

If i was to guess, all their efforts have gone into offline modes. As CM looks improved and the CPU AI is better. Unfortunately for me i dont really play CM that much.

I wanted Passing Error for assisted players, No pressing and for my team mates AI to be better. I got one of the three.

still this game rewards sitting deep and playing counter attack, there is no value in keeping possession, because team mate AI is still shit. Even the best addition has its problems. Attacking fullbacks were great until yhe minute you lose possession and you realise both went forward and you now have a back two.

It was a tactic to kick it to the opposition and then try win it back higher up the pitch...Isn't that what they do in Rugby ?
(You can still press with the one player your controlling)

I hope the game changes as much as it did last year (but this time for the better)

They have alot of work to do.

EDIT: can i just say the faces that were scanned looked amazing. City's were superb. Not sure whether some of those others are older tech but City's were brilliant. The graphics overall were better and the new camera angle gets rid of the 'pitch is too small' feeling. None of this matters if they dont fix the game.

Last edited:
canceling preorder now :BRMM:

Preorder successfully deleted

Just got out from Gamerbase in Manc playing FIFA 12, well I think it was FIFA 12 :-)

Made notes as I went.

Bad
180 passes bullshit 100% still there maybe even worse.
1-2 spamming is the new ping pong.
Runs not tracked - even on legendary.
Players Pace - less defensive catch up should be a good thing but with the 1-2 shit it's impossible to cover.
Stamina still shite. Does nothing.
Shots without setting self still laser guided to top corner.
Game on whole - Still to fast

Good
Shooting more varied.*
Pressure gone
Easy Headers gone
Fullbacks over lap on their own
Crowd bounces up and down, looks like a Poznan :-).*

I went to see the preview of FIFA 11 last year and loved it.
Sadly all the things I liked never made the retail version of 11, so I know how much it can change, but if what I played today was the retail version I'd be taking it back within a few weeks.

Ps Manual players - you are more screwed than ever of playing assisted players. I was hoping it might even up a little without pressure but the lack of passing error seemed worse than last year if that's possible.

Pps - impact Engine. Adam saying it's toned down is a good thing because when it kicks in it looks shit. I'm glad it was toned down. Be happy for them to take it out.

Last edited:
:-) Phil :-)

I'm still going to get it, just it might be on eBay in a week. I couldn't find out this year how old the build was, i'm praying it OLD.

The finer details that would save this build isn't rocket science, and could easily be done in time for release, but i dont think the drive to do it is there. Maybe the reason is the casuals, i was the only person there that was wasn't happy, the assisted 1-2ers were creaming themselves.

Shit goal, after shit goal, everything Fifa has taught them over the years worked.

no i preordered 3 pages back...

Jaz - you still preordering?

i was going to hopefully have a club session on release date but after hearing that i might just wait and buy it in the shop once it comes down in price.

Last post was on iPhone so can add a few more points now i'm back home.

1v1 this game was broke. Not just manual v assisted but in the other games i watched.

PLR v CPU was the best match i watched. Some kid who wasn't a knob playing the AI was pretty good, bit like the City v Sunderland vid the other day, why this doesn't translate to 1v1 i dont know.

Lets talk the so-called innovations -

Impact Engine - with subtle things its ok but it makes no difference to the game, when it big collision it looks shit and can take out one of your defenders.

Vision AI - Just means 4+ star teams can do 180 passes. Waste of time

Tactical Defending - Works.. Its better than 11.

Skilled Dribbling - Not enough game time to judge or get to grips to, promising though.

If i was to guess, all their efforts have gone into offline modes. As CM looks improved and the CPU AI is better. Unfortunately for me i dont really play CM that much.

I wanted Passing Error for assisted players, No pressing and for my team mates AI to be better. I got one of the three.

still this game rewards sitting deep and playing counter attack, there is no value in keeping possession, because team mate AI is still shit. Even the best addition has its problems. Attacking fullbacks were great until yhe minute you lose possession and you realise both went forward and you now have a back two.

It was a tactic to kick it to the opposition and then try win it back higher up the pitch...Isn't that what they do in Rugby ?
(You can still press with the one player your controlling)

I hope the game changes as much as it did last year (but this time for the better)

They have alot of work to do.

EDIT: can i just say the faces that were scanned looked amazing. City's were superb. Not sure whether some of those others are older tech but City's were brilliant. The graphics overall were better and the new camera angle gets rid of the 'pitch is too small' feeling. None of this matters if they dont fix the game.

I suspected as much. Looks like most open-minded people will be playing PES more this year.

Yeah I'm doing it the other way round. I'll give it a week maybe two then cut my losses on eBay.

it's not nail in the coffin time. It can be fixed.

With Ultimate team being a big part of 12 i needed it to better for manual players against assisted or I can't go near the mode. As it stand it's worse than 11.

Just going on 11 now to play against assisted, need to see while fresh in my head.

Last edited:
Bit surprised by the review by jaz, you seemed to have pretty high hopes (well relative to many of us) so I wasn't expecting such harsh review. Doesn't sound good at all.

It's just so annoying when it feels like they could make a good game with this engine, but the people in charge just makes the wrong decisions about the direction they are taking this game.

Played fifa12 in community day in greece on slow/manual...

The game by far better than fifa11...

No 100% pass accuracy or 1-2 spamming...

Game runs and plays smoothly....

No worries for me. Preordered already...

Last edited by a moderator:

I think some bs talking here...

Go play robotic monkeys in pes2012 if you like...

:YAWN: this whole pes v fifa is boring. and has been for years

No need for that now is there? Where can i get the robotic monkey version of PES12?

I'm calling as I see it. I certainly ain't going to PES because that has even more issues than FIFA but what I played and saw today was waaaay below my expectation.

Can i ask if it was against the AI you played or manual v manual?

also I did say offline would be better - the only place you will find a slow game online is unranked with a friend.

look the game has sliders and loads of settings but i NEED the default ones to be right. Online you have to play default settings.

Right now they are just as shit as FIFA 11.

Last edited:
Here's a radical idea: why not wait until you play the final demos - or even better, the full retail release for a few weeks - before condemning PES 2012 or FIFA 12 to the rubbish bin?

For every negative impression you find, for either game, there is an equally positive impression to be found. Maybe it's best to not accept the impressions of another person, who typically is playing early code and only for short periods of time, and instead make your own mind up once you've played it first hand?

Regarding FIFA's Impact Engine, I seriously doubt it'll be any more "rubbish" than it will be "revolutionary." Adam hasn't been impressed. Others have. Make up your own mind after you play it.

I suspected as much. Looks like most open-minded people will be playing PES more this year.

Really? So, that's how it is this year - if you choose FIFA, you're probably not open-minded?

And you've come to this conclusion before either game has been released? Before either game has released its final demo? Please.

And I'm pretty sure you just perfectly expressed what it means to NOT be open-minded!

Yes, good idea. Nobody should discuss anything about the game at all until after its release, particularly not on a discussion forum. Furthermore, nobody should comment upon the final game until at least 3 months of daily playing as it's only then that you could form an accurate opinion on how it plays.

And don't even bother playing the demos because, as everyone knows, they are not intended to give an accurate flavour of how the final game will play, but are completely different, usually 200 times worse than the final code, to deliberately give a wholly false impression of the final game and deter people from buying it.

Back
Top Bottom