FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

i think it doesnt matter where you go you will get comparisons between them.

ive also heard online only ranked games will have the new tacticaly defending..... rubbish absolute rubbish if you dont play ranked games which i dont.

Nothing stopping you turning it on in unranked.
I only play ranked now as it at least forces Pro passing on (not that it makes much difference anyway).

Got to smile over at the PEs section. Someone has said there's evidence of ping pong. Everyone jumps on their high horse and says turn off the pass assistance. I'm sure it isn't long back that a few PES fans called it unrealistic.

Anyway the WE demo is superior to the PES demo so there is hope. Although the keepers are still a nightmare in the WE demo as is the camera angles. People might slate FIFA 12 already but PES has played most of its cards now and the FIFA demo is yet to come.

Interesting times

You do know the same people probably read both threads?

I'm a fan of both games...and do you realise the PES demo is a rough cut demo? How can you say it's played its cards?

Anyway - I still don't understand why EA sports only give 3 minute halves for their demo again. What's wrong with at least 4?

To be fair you can ping pong with both games to an extent if you want to, but I think PES makes it harder to do for a prolonged period of time. Either way, if you want to play that way it's still possible in both unfortunately.

I'm actually really interested to see what the FIFA12 demo offers, I've largely ignored the gameplay videos because I hate how people in them try and play, brings out the worst in the game to be honest. If I get this it'll be purely for the single player so I can play on my own terms, but it's gonna have to go some to get my money. It's competing with PES2012, Unchartered 3, Forza 4, Bioshock Infinite, Batman, Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3 etc so it's got a lot of work to do to convince me to part yet more cash for another game on top of those! Good times!

Agree with Calcio about PES playing it's cards already, the demo is a 'taster' to show some of the new features and is code from early this summer. Any comparisons shouldn't really be made until the second PES demo comes out. Hopefully though FIFA will quietly surprise people this year, I'd love for it to be amazing, as a football fan it'd be great if both games were equally as good as each other.

Last edited:
Exactly. I enjoy both games even though they offer me a different gameplay experience each. I hope they are both great this year as consumer's need good products out there to choose from. Not just picking the best of a bad bunch :P

i couldnt live with fully manual on fifa11. it drove me up the wall and i found i never had time to judge my passes like.

passing is something which should be 100% stat based. if a player is shit at passing it should translate on the pitch and his passes should be wayward or over hit like. i want players to play like their counterparts ya know.

The sole reason the Pass Assistance bars are even in PES is to lure the Fifa Assisted players. I personally hate the concept, it's a half sell-out in my my opinion. Sure we can still play without them, but I dont like the idea of them at all. I guess money and market share talk though. :(

Got to smile over at the PEs section. Someone has said there's evidence of ping pong. Everyone jumps on their high horse and says turn off the pass assistance. I'm sure it isn't long back that a few PES fans called it unrealistic.

Anyway the WE demo is superior to the PES demo so there is hope. Although the keepers are still a nightmare in the WE demo as is the camera angles. People might slate FIFA 12 already but PES has played most of its cards now and the FIFA demo is yet to come.

Interesting times

Its unrealistic for stats to not have a say. A little say less or no pass assistance is unrealistic. Most of us welcomed the slight freedom in 2011, and we are more welcoming of what we have now. Don't think 0 pass assistance means 0 stat influence though, which is good for me. But for someone to come in generalizing and spreading wrong info and trying to stir up something, he should expect such responses.

And yes, the WE demo is better, but whats that got to do with this thread?

I'm not going into the manual debate again I'm just pointing out the contradiction in suggesting to try a more manual approach to cut out ping pong passing.
I also didn't say PES has played its cards I said most of its cards as there is a demo available unlike FIFA. Lets be honest in the past years the demo is a fair representation of what you will get when you buy it minus a few tweaks here and there and squad updates kits etc. What you rarely see is new animation implemented a month before release. I also understand that the PES demo is an early code but the Winning Eleven demo is a later version, or appears to be, and there are still glaring defects the majority of which are with the keeper.

Some of the goals I conceded last night where absolute bollocks one of which the ball was kicked straight at the keepers mid section from 18 yards and instead of parrying or catching the keeper stood there, refused to move his arms, resulting in the ball hitting him the chest and into the net.

I'm not going into the manual debate again I'm just pointing out the contradiction in suggesting to try a more manual approach to cut out ping pong passing.
I also didn't say PES has played its cards I said most of its cards as there is a demo available unlike FIFA. Lets be honest in the past years the demo is a fair representation of what you will get when you buy it minus a few tweaks here and there and squad updates kits etc. What you rarely see is new animation implemented a month before release. I also understand that the PES demo is an early code but the Winning Eleven demo is a later version, or appears to be, and there are still glaring defects the majority of which are with the keeper.

Some of the goals I conceded last night where absolute bollocks one of which the ball was kicked straight at the keepers mid section from 18 yards and instead of parrying or catching the keeper stood there, refused to move his arms, resulting in the ball hitting him the chest and into the net.

I fully respect your opinion, but again what's this got to do with this thread, hitman? Why not just post this in the PES thread where it belongs?

Just read Adam's comments on Impact engine. Just confirms everything thought about EA's back of the box features. The emperors clothes. Just like "Pro Passing" etc.

Interesting times
No one jumped on a high horse pal, if both games are good then everyone wins don't they? All his crap about which game is better is tiring and tedious imo. WE demo is better, keepers can be shit but also pull off some amazing saves.Fifa demo to come plus WE/PES 2nd demo. No problem.

zlqq.jpg

8nrbx.jpg

vu0tn.jpg

96eiuj.jpg

ulfba.jpg

Are those "scanned" faces? If so, how can they use that technology and still end up with weird looking faces?

Back
Top Bottom