FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I always change the commentary for pre-season matches or european matches when playing against an abroad team. Say I'm manager of AFC Wimbledon and have a friendly against a french team in France, I change it to the french commentary. Enhances the realism and is pretty cool to hear other more passionate (or less passionate) than the english one.

And as we'll have two sets of english commentators, it will keep career mode even more immersive.

Yah same though I did find the French commentary of last game poor, repetitive and unexciting. Not looking forward to that if it's still the same and with same guys.

But yah I'm also really looking forward to the NEW English commentary and all the extra stuff they're supposed to say about how your team/players are doing in CM mode!

seriously, that's a pretty lame line-up, license wise. always been fifa's strong part, not anymore it seems.

But if custom tactics are still in, and you set one team to have a deep defensive line, and another team to have a high defensive line (ie. to have some variety between teams and attempt to reflect their real-life counterpart's defensive approach), I wonder if the slider would then work on top of that, by allowing different defensive lines to be created in custom tactics, then adjusting them all to be a bit higher/deeper, or will it simply override the custom tactics and have all teams play with exactly the defensive line (which is all they did in FIFA 11 anyway, after EA effectively reduced them to having no effect whatsoever in 11, even though they did seem to work in FIFA 10).

I think you can adjust all teams custom tactics. You may not be able to created unique ones for every team, but I think you could create and save various custom tactic configurations and then assign them to any team you wanted.

I'd much sooner have seen a fatigue slider.

I can't confirm 100 percent but surely custom tactics work on top of the default settings, which is what you adjust with the sliders. So, my guess would be that if, for example, you adjusted the slider for defensive lines to play deeper, all teams would then play a somewhat deeper line relative to their default custom tactics settings. You should then be able to adjust team tactics individually through each team's custom tactics settings, which shouldn't over-ride the sliders but add on to the global changes made with the sliders.

BUT! I don't think the specific sliders to be included have yet to be confirmed. We know sliders are in, but which ones are in has yet to be confirmed, yes/no?

Just reading on FSB forum that Adam dude saying the impact engine is rubbish and has been totally toned down.

Isnt this a common occurence with EA where they show us videos of new features and then by the time its released the new feature is nothing like the first videos we saw. I know thats what happened with the pro passing last year.

What about the new creation centre do u think.we.may have the option to create national teams n club teams thus enabling us recreate a custom league

They really need to create better atmosphere at these grounds. When you are playing an away game you want to feel really up against it.

Just reading on FSB forum that Adam dude saying the impact engine is rubbish and has been totally toned down.

Isnt this a common occurence with EA where they show us videos of new features and then by the time its released the new feature is nothing like the first videos we saw. I know thats what happened with the pro passing last year.

That's interesting cause some of the other guys with review code have said it's been toned down just right, that it's much improved from the earlier previews. I'd be shocked if it was actually rubbish, though I doubt it'll be revolutionary too.

And the problem with Pro Passing was that it was fundamentally flawed to begin with, relying primarily on passing speed rather than including greater directional error. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with a more realistic collision system and can't really be much worse than it was in 11.

Totally toned down doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't work. It might be more realistic now instead of seeing people flipped over mid air as if they had been hit by a car...unless you see that in the football games you watch? lol

On a side note - I've changed my camera to Broadcast with zero height and full zoom and I've won a lot more games, created better goalscoring chances with more variety and can knock the ball around without as much AI pressure it seems. I think seeing more of the pitch and being at a more angled approach to goals seems to do wonders for gameplay ;)

Egypt finally licensed! Amazing!! Arabic commentary and a match between Egypt and Cote d'ivoire would be priceless.

Re-living the finals eh ;) I hope Shawali's done a good job though. I like his style, when he goes all poetic. Would be disappointed if its very repetitive.

Last edited:
On a side note - I've changed my camera to Broadcast with zero height and full zoom and I've won a lot more games, created better goalscoring chances with more variety and can knock the ball around without as much AI pressure it seems. I think seeing more of the pitch and being at a more angled approach to goals seems to do wonders for gameplay ;)

Or, alternatively, you're seeing the same old shit from a slightly new angle. :SMUG:

:CONFUSE:

It's exactly the opposite. FIFA is known to be the pick-up-and-play hence the high sales. PES requires far more controller mastering.
Pick-up-and-play, yes. But to be able to compete online, you need to exploit the shit out of it and learn the scriped routes to goal.
Even being able to keep hold of the ball from the missile defenders takes insane precision and reactions... This will hopefully have changed with the introduction of "tactical defending".

I think at the time we were mainly talking about manual FIFA anyway, which is obviously a full-on test of controller ability.

PES on the other hand, if you just learn the basic controls and try to play the game like football, you'll do pretty well.
I'm self-admittedly poor at using the controller and don't have "gaming skills" - I am completely awful at games like COD.
Despite this, I can give anyone online on PES a run for their money by using my football brain.

Doing the same thing on FIFA (assisted or manual), I'll get comprehensively beaten more often than not - the game doesn't reward football.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does Rob get away with coming into the Fifa thread all the time and just calling Fifa to fuck? Personally Rob I don't know why you insist on doing it, if you hate the game so much (as you seem to) wouldn't it be easier for you to just stay away?

I haven't really liked PES for the last few years and I don't go in that thread stirring shit.

How does Rob get away with coming into the Fifa thread all the time and just calling Fifa to fuck? Personally Rob I don't know why you insist on doing it, if you hate the game so much (as you seem to) wouldn't it be easier for you to just stay away?

I haven't really liked PES for the last few years and I don't go in that thread stirring shit.
"FIFA 12 Discussion Thread"

And my last post in here was a response to someone, I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

I thought the last few videos posted in here looked utter shit, but did I make a point of saying so at the time to be a "shit stirrer"? No? Exactly.

We got any gamechangers or data bods left on these forums?..

How do you get a message through to EA about some errors? Stadium, kits etc?

Last edited:
guys i am going to work on fifa 12,like my gameplay patch for pes2011-12,i hope that its a good news for all.

So stop going on about PES, Your like a jehovah witness.
As I said, it was a response to someone, and most of the time in this thread I've only mentioned PES when it's been brought up by others.

And I don't see the problem with mentioning PES anyway.

i think it doesnt matter where you go you will get comparisons between them.

ive also heard online only ranked games will have the new tacticaly defending..... rubbish absolute rubbish if you dont play ranked games which i dont.

guys i am going to work on fifa 12,like my gameplay patch for pes2011-12,i hope that its a good news for all.

wow.. this is indeed really great news.. another patch option to complement existing famous hybrid & etgd patch.. really looking forward to it.. since I have been use your patch until latest big 0.5 for pes 2012 demo

i think it doesnt matter where you go you will get comparisons between them.

ive also heard online only ranked games will have the new tacticaly defending..... rubbish absolute rubbish if you dont play ranked games which i dont.
You may still be able to go into the lobbies and create games with certain options on/off.

I'm not sure if it's the same in FIFA 11/12, but in FIFA 10 your offline squads would be used in unranked matches, so people would just transfer a World XI team and use it in unranked games, must have happened most times I tried to play unranked.

In the end I just went into the lobbies and created slow/manual ranked games and waited for (unsuspecting) people to join :P
Admittedly not the fairest way to play but it did mean I got more of the ball and could try playing some nice football and ended on 265 wins and 40 losses :P.

Back
Top Bottom