FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Really? Maybe on the odd occasion, but mostly the AI's 'random' clearance flies up the pitch and straight onto the boot or chest of an attacker. A little bit like it's locked on to him.

Dont get me wrong. The a.i was better than 10 i reckon but it still required a lot of work from me in custom tactics to get them even attacking and defending right. Im hoping ill have to do less messing this year!

True true, just looked very un Fifa like AI, as someone who only ever plays against AI it's encouraging :)

FIFA 12 won 20 (twenty!) awards at E3 for best sports game and won "best console game" at Gamescom. I know we can only judge it when we get our own hands on it but looking at that video and knowing that career mode has made huge steps forward, I'm in a very positive mood for FIFA.

PES has made huge steps forward aswell so it's looking like a good year for all us footy fans. Less so for our wallets as Batttlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 are around the corner also. :)

FIFA 12 won 20 (twenty!) awards at E3 for best sports game and won "best console game" at Gamescom. I know we can only judge it when we get our own hands on it but looking at that video and knowing that career mode has made huge steps forward, I'm in a very positive mood for FIFA.

PES has made huge steps forward aswell so it's looking like a good year for all us footy fans. Less so for our wallets as Batttlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 are around the corner also. :)

And ICO and Rugby Challenge..Im sure they are due in September

I loved what i saw in this last video too.. AI is looking good.

Btw, weird that both teams had last season kits no? At first i thought it was a very old build but than u can see Aguero with his new hair and the OVs of the players are pretty recent too(same as gamescon).

And ICO and Rugby Challenge..Im sure they are due in September

Playing Rugby Challenge right now - seriously good game. If you're a rugby fan (which I'm not so much) you'll cream your duds :)

Those latest FIFA videos are looking good. Def PES & maybe FIFA for the first time in a couple of years :)

One of FIFA's attacking AI issues is shown up horribly in the forty-fiftieth second. City get the ball, and they start to forge an attack down the left hand side. They gain the ball at the 28th second with what I guess is a DM. At this point the player has 5 players in front of him as he receives the ball. Three of those players then don't join the attack at all, hovering in the midfield completely out of the play. In the 33rd second, he passes to the left wing, and the player who made the pass makes a pretty innocuous run parallel to him, as they always do in that situation, and then pauses at the corner of the box. The three midfielders who didn't run, one sits on the edge of the center circle and the other far back of the box. At this point, the attacking AI has taken all but one player out of the attack - the central forward who did actually make a run into a useful position.

The midfield in FIFA has this horrible rigidity where it doesn't really go back to defend or come forward to attack. You can sort of deal with it through manipulating the hell out of the tactics, but it makes playing a tradtional 442 almost impossible, and that's really not good enough.

This happens in FIFA 11 all the time, and it's still happening here. Obviously we have no idea how new this build is. It has debug text all over it, similar to the oldest build I had, but on the video description the guy says it from yesterday.

i'm going to try and talk to David Rutter about this and pray he listens. The game is so close to getting it right but they haven't crossed the threshold yet. Inertia and Ai NEEDS to come next on the agenda.

Portuguese cover:

When are they gonna drop Kaka from the covers?

Playing Rugby Challenge right now - seriously good game. If you're a rugby fan (which I'm not so much) you'll cream your duds :)

Those latest FIFA videos are looking good. Def PES & maybe FIFA for the first time in a couple of years :)

Where did you pick that up from mate? Are you in Australia?

Great stuff in the new vid...

No laser guided crosses, passes misplaced because runs were tracked. Slower build-up, playing backwards and at one point ignoring a 3rd-man run to keep posession.

Hype goes up 10% - I'm now on 10% :-) Kidding can't wait now.

I will make a prediction though. The build on the vid will be later than the demo build we get next week and people will still be moaning about the Demo.

Add to that 2k12. I will have to hold some games till later. Football comes first though, so PES and FIFA definetly first day buys. BF a few weeks later. Uncharted, Football Manager and 2k12 for Christmas.

watching England warm up and i can't help but question EA's artists with the player models. I wish they'd pay attention to limbs and arms. hands especially. It's off slightly in FIFA.

I'm an artist myself (life draweings etc) and it PAINS me to see :lol HIGH ME EA! :P

Wow, that video alone makes this year's CM look light-years beyond last year's. Plus, there's a new energy system so players recover at different rates - that I hadn't heard announced.

I'm not saying CM this year will be good - who knows, it could be riddled with bugs and/or player growth may still suck - but I'm excited for FIFA's manager mode for the first time in years.

Does nobody else think the video seems like they've stripped out every other aspect of football apart from attacking?

What, you miss the heat-seeking missile defending?

Seriously though, a) the game is going to look more attacking because defending has been reigned it, which is a great thing; b) you're seeing gameplay footage from people who've yet to come to grips with the new features and systems; and c) well, I can't really think of a C but from the previews coming in, it sounds like defending actually is a challenge for the first time in years.

Ultimately your question will not and can not be answered until we've all played it extensively.

Wow, that video alone makes this year's CM look light-years beyond last year's. Plus, there's a new energy system so players recover at different rates - that I hadn't heard announced.

I'm not saying CM this year will be good - who knows, it could be riddled with bugs and/or player growth may still suck - but I'm excited for FIFA's manager mode for the first time in years.

yeh, there'll be a strategy to managing your team this year. energy, moral and form will be great to monitor. i hope scouting for the quality youth players is involving over the season too.

Humber should be in charge of FIFA imo. he has a great eye for detail.

Agreed, that video for CM looks enticing. I won't start one though until about December, when the Patches from around the world make a complete football world for the CM. Would be fun to play with Argentinos jr in Argentina or Vasco Da Gama in Brazil, and play Libertadores and what not.

ML in PES is not buggy, but it feels limited to often, specially with not being able to move or regens that have the same name as old players. Kill a bit of the immersion for me.

Last edited:
any news on the creation centre 25 days from 8/8….that’s today. What time will it be released? I don’t see any changes yet….

It seems that CM has been copied from Madden Franchise mode, or i should say the same concept. Now how hard is it to take Maddens dirt on kits as game goes on? Madden really have it down. Come on Fifa add this again it was in before but never as good as Madden.:PRAY:

It seems that CM has been copied from Madden Franchise mode, or i should say the same concept. Now how hard is it to take Maddens dirt on kits as game goes on? Madden really have it down. Come on Fifa add this again it was in before but never as good as Madden.:PRAY:

Pepper pig please stop.

Short clip but looks DAMN awesome!!

IF the video is not false advertising and the mode actually works as it's being suggested and without a million bugs, then this FINALLY looks close to the CM mode we've all been waiting years for! Where there's actually a POINT to rotating your squad and keeping players happy... real MANAGEMENT stuff just like Manager Mode would NEEd to be.

Thank god!! This made my day! Now can't wait to play this game! :WORSHIP:

Bugs aside, Career Mode will never be a complete experience, they would be damaging sales of a sister product in FIFA Manager. It will never be Footy Manageresque imo. This year does seem to have some nice inclusions though.

The most bothersome aspect of 12 is going to be the AI. It's apparent already that it's not very good. Seems like lobbed through passes are still ridiculously effective too.

FIFA 12 just looks like 11 with minor adjustments to me.

As an aside has anyone read the 'preview' on FSB? Suffwan has been playing review code (95% complete). Not a lot of new information in the preview though.

Back
Top Bottom