FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I see players charging in past the tactical defending 'bubble'. Placed shots still giving the keeper too much trouble, sprint sprint, tackle pass sprint 90 degree turns, etc etc.

Where did you pick that up from mate? Are you in Australia?

Yeah mate, the game came out in Aus on Friday - brilliant game considering the small NZ crew that made it! If only PES and FIFA could learn how to create a camera that replicates a TV broadcast like this game... Both games have a far bigger budget and yet straight from the outset they have the type if "pitchside cam" I've been wanting in PES for years :(

same question that gets asked every year. where do people pre-order from?

i am going to pre-order this year and would like to get it early if possible. considering my birthday is on the 28th it would be a nice present arriving at least a day early?

Great stuff in the new vid...

No laser guided crosses, passes misplaced because runs were tracked. Slower build-up, playing backwards and at one point ignoring a 3rd-man run to keep posession.

Hype goes up 10% - I'm now on 10% :-) Kidding can't wait now.

I will make a prediction though. The build on the vid will be later than the demo build we get next week and people will still be moaning about the Demo.

For me that's the main problem with Fifa 11 so if they have sorted that it should be a good game

Milan vs Barca footage is shite, constant 1-2 spamming. They don't pass it back for anything, it's infuriating to watch. And I saw how a lob could've been deadly a couple of times.

i think that is new vid..
Barcelona-Milan in San Siro

small detail...ibrahimovic with her new hair style..
1314780212_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg

YouTube - Fifa 12 Ac Milan vs Barca.wmv

Fifa 12 has sliders?

Yes!

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2297310&postcount=2391

"These are available to adjust both the User and CPU...

Sprint Speed
Acceleration Speed
Shot Error (normal shots only)
Pass Error
Shot Speed (normal shots only)
Pass Speed
Injury Frequency
Injury Severity
GoalKeeper ability
Positioning: Marking
Positioning: Run Frequency
Positioning: defensive line height
Positioning: defensive line length
Positioning: Defensive line width
Positioning: Fullback Positioning "

Last edited:
Egypt finally licensed! Amazing!! Arabic commentary and a match between Egypt and Cote d'ivoire would be priceless.

Yes!

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2297310&postcount=2391

Sprint Speed
Acceleration Speed
Shot Error (normal shots only)
Pass Error
Shot Speed (normal shots only)
Pass Speed
Injury Frequency
Injury Severity
GoalKeeper ability
Positioning: Marking
Positioning: Run Frequency
Positioning: defensive line height
Positioning: defensive line length
Positioning: Defensive line width
Positioning: Fullback Positioning "

Does that mean independently of one another, so you could adjust cpu to have higher pass error, but not affect the user's passing?

Also, aren't defensive line height, width, etc, not already available to adjust for each team's custom tactics? Or is EA admitting that custom tactics don't actually do anything. In which case, why should be believe sliders will do anything, either?

Also, aren't defensive line height, width, etc, not already available to adjust for each team's custom tactics? Or is EA admitting that custom tactics don't actually do anything. In which case, why should be believe sliders will do anything, either?
Presumably so you can globally modify such things without having to individually adjust each team's tactics (which you, er, can't do for all of them anyway). My guess.

But if custom tactics are still in, and you set one team to have a deep defensive line, and another team to have a high defensive line (ie. to have some variety between teams and attempt to reflect their real-life counterpart's defensive approach), I wonder if the slider would then work on top of that, by allowing different defensive lines to be created in custom tactics, then adjusting them all to be a bit higher/deeper, or will it simply override the custom tactics and have all teams play with exactly the defensive line (which is all they did in FIFA 11 anyway, after EA effectively reduced them to having no effect whatsoever in 11, even though they did seem to work in FIFA 10).

I think you can adjust all teams custom tactics. You may not be able to created unique ones for every team, but I think you could create and save various custom tactic configurations and then assign them to any team you wanted.

I'd much sooner have seen a fatigue slider.

Last edited:
Nice. I thought that message when it says we 'hope' means it's not confirmed but something we hope.

I don't understand Arabic anyway but it's always exciting and they really commentate on the game passionately. I will probably switch to Arabic for a few games just to hear the difference and its addition.

Definitely lowering the acceleration speed on both sides. Those last three videos showed (for me at least) that players still take off like olympic sprinters, no matter how many times they change direction.

I always change the commentary for pre-season matches or european matches when playing against an abroad team. Say I'm manager of AFC Wimbledon and have a friendly against a french team in France, I change it to the french commentary. Enhances the realism and is pretty cool to hear other more passionate (or less passionate) than the english one.

And as we'll have two sets of english commentators, it will keep career mode even more immersive.

Definitely lowering the acceleration speed on both sides. Those last three videos showed (for me at least) that players still take off like olympic sprinters, no matter how many times they change direction.

Hopefully it's because videos have a tendency to appear faster than in reality or those games were played on normal/fast settings and we can set it to slow.

Back
Top Bottom