FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Yeah pretty much all of them come from how easy it was for someone to exploit the game.

As i said in one of my posts yesterday the best game i saw yesterday was a match with human against CPU. I think offline is gonna be a big improvement this year. If your a CM fan i think you'll be happy. Online it looks like it could be a mess.

Still things can change.

That's kind of promising for my point of view. I never play football games online but I do like a good offline campaign in both FIFA and PES, provided the gameplay against the CPU is decent enough.

Online football games just don't interest me, other types of games get away with it to an extent but being in a 1v1 scenario, it's more than likely that your opponent will exploit the game to f**k just to get a win, and the 1v1 nature of that will naturally show up those exploits more than ever. I'm not sure how EA can do much about it without developing an entirely separate game for online. Developing a game engine that caters for offline and online simultaneously doesn't seem to work with any football games in my opinion.

If you insist...

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-12-gameplay-sliders/

These sound promising:

"Positioning: Run frequency
Increases/decreases the number of runs teammates will make."

"Pass Error
Increases/Reduces the amount of error applied to a teams ground passes. This does not affect other types of passes."

Great news, I think we will pretty much all want to tweak the sliders to adjust the game to be as realistic/sim like as possible so probably worth having a separate "sim sliders" thread so we can work out what settings are best to make the game more sim like without breaking things too much :)

Yeah pretty much all of them come from how easy it was for someone to exploit the game.

As i said in one of my posts yesterday the best game i saw yesterday was a match with human against CPU. I think offline is gonna be a big improvement this year. If your a CM fan i think you'll be happy. Online it looks like it could be a mess.

Still things can change.

Thats great news actually. I hate playing online really do. To many people prepared to cheat.

Let the slidetiris begin in football games! heheheh

Been suffering from that for a long time in MLB games such as MLB The Show... Sliders can be as bad as good to a game.. most of tweaks fix something but break another thing simultaniosly and kind of get u into a non stop search for impossible perfection.. dont think ill be messing much with them.

Great news, I think we will pretty much all want to tweak the sliders to adjust the game to be as realistic/sim like as possible so probably worth having a separate "sim sliders" thread so we can work out what settings are best to make the game more sim like without breaking things too much :)

Yup. Good idea.

We should start that thread once the game's out and people have had a little time to experiment with different settings and tweaking the sliders from default position.

I only play NBA 2k11 offline cos the sliders make that game incredibly realistic. I'm not expecting that sort of depth from EA/FIFA, but the inclusion of sliders is a big positive for me & my career mode this year.

Yup. Good idea.

We should start that thread once the game's out and people have had a little time to experiment with different settings and tweaking the sliders from default position.

Sliders gonna be in the demo? That would be nice..

FSB Adam is saying his build looks better than the videos of the build i played. Fingers crossed they make the right decisions before going gold.

Yeh, sliders sound fantastic. It seems adam's comments were made without touching them either. player movement slider will be vital.

I will.

As soon as it's out, I'll have it and play non-stop. I'm still even enjoying FIFA 11! But with the improvements to CM mode alone, I can't wait for this!

I like the sliders idea but I don't get it when the sliders concern tactical elements of the game.Those elements were editable through custom tactics right ? So what's the point ?

I like the sliders idea but I don't get it when the sliders concern tactical elements of the game.Those elements were editable through custom tactics right ? So what's the point ?

well, it's similar to how the "vision" attribute was just "there" for years and now EA have "activated it". EA seem to be gradually making their ideas work. Maybe one day, for instance, custom tactics will be applied to each individual team to add personality to each game?

I thought sliders were all about the mechanics of the game as opposed to tactics? I'm not sure its just my understanding

Yeh the sliders will act as an Overall shift so that everything increases/decreases proportionally, if i understand correctly :)

Hope the sliders make the game playable for manual players against the AI, it´s simply impossible to play manual against an AI that have 90% of pass accuracy even with a 3 star team!

to Andy/shooto/kev/jaz/stu

whos getting this on release date and would be playing it over that weekend?
I'm going away on the 30th for the weekend for my mates birthday, so probs won't be on till the sunday night at the earliest.

After the last couple of years though i doubt the servers will be working properly for a week or so after release anyways.

Yeh the sliders will act as an Overall shift so that everything increases/decreases proportionally, if i understand correctly :)

And that highlights the biggest issue with the AI atm. Teams should be able to determine how compact/open, deep/high they want their backline to be! Setting it for every team in an overal slider just f#$kes it up and makes everyone play the same! Really annoys me, and confirms what we all thought anyway that every team plays to a standard pattern/tactic with small refinements making the difference.

Rest of the sliders look really good though. I'm also happy with the goalie ability tbh, I know earlier someone thought it was weird, but we might be able to set everything up that 1-1's are an uncommon situation...and then you don't want the goalies to have superhuman reactions when you would normally score from the 1-1.

eD88e.png

:CONFUSE:

That's the impact engine right? What would trigger a tackle like that. His foot was already in the air so he wasn't going for a header and the slide tackle button normally doesn't make your do a flying kick. And btw, that had better be a red card in the actual game.

That's the impact engine right? What would trigger a tackle like that. His foot was already in the air so he wasn't going for a header and the slide tackle button normally doesn't make your do a flying kick. And btw, that had better be a red card in the actual game.

It wasn't a tackle, it was a clearance of the ball in the box by the Man City defender. They collided afterwards.

And that highlights the biggest issue with the AI atm. Teams should be able to determine how compact/open, deep/high they want their backline to be! Setting it for every team in an overal slider just f#$kes it up and makes everyone play the same! Really annoys me, and confirms what we all thought anyway that every team plays to a standard pattern/tactic with small refinements making the difference.

Rest of the sliders look really good though. I'm also happy with the goalie ability tbh, I know earlier someone thought it was weird, but we might be able to set everything up that 1-1's are an uncommon situation...and then you don't want the goalies to have superhuman reactions when you would normally score from the 1-1.

exactly. the sliders could be the most important non-back of the box gamechanger in the footy game playfield imo.

it may even lead to EA adding more sliders in future or making cutsom sliders for each club to replace the rather failed concept of custom tactics.

this is the best consumer report for FIFA 12 imaginable. I am a fanatic about manager modes, be it CM or ML. clearly, FIFA has been insulting recently but sounds on the up. however, I am waiting for Placebo and Nick to give this a thumbs up before buying. those guys know what is needed (sometimes i suspect the two are designers for PES ML given their comments!!!).

i await...

Back
Top Bottom