Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Vela's not exactly got big pulling power over here compared to his popularity with the Latino crowd who make up a large proportion of NA football fans. Though I'd be very surprised if they haven't given Little Pea (so called, if the YouTube vid I saw of him meeting fans is anything to go by, because when wimmins see him they're so excited a little pee comes out) his correct face.

A face which more than likely has a big bruise from yesterday's game :D

Those renders of Vela look good, the kits look spot on, no tiny badges or balloned sponsors or numbers.. lets hope the renders are reflected in the actual game.

Vela is a great prospect for Arsenal and Mexico and they NAILED his mody type (and his face looks spot-on too). I'm a geek for all ths stuff (check my youtube ad/) and I look for details.

Not sure why EA is slowly revealing each of their 17 cover stars one-by-one this year. The marketing is excruciatingly slow this time around. It is being poured over us like treacle in slow motion.

There'll probably be 3 stars per cover so I wonder who the UK's 3rd player will be?

Those renders of Vela look good, the kits look spot on, no tiny badges or balloned sponsors or numbers.. lets hope the renders are reflected in the actual game.

noticed that too...hopefully they managed to correct this stretchy names and sponsors

I'm off for 20 days. I'll have a lot of pages to catch up with when I return. Let's hope there are videos by then, and some good ones, though I go away with the feeling that fifa 11 will be a tweaked fifa 10. Let's hope I'm so wrong and the game has won some depth!

Anyway, as long as I'm able to continue playing my manual matches with the usual people it can't be that bad, isn't it?

New impressions from a newer build of Fifa11. (Aug2).

http://www.ea.com/uk/news/the-backp...website&utm_campaign=news&utm_content=Twitter

snippet:
To make matters worse, Carlos decided to show me how good another of FIFA 11’s new features is by running over to the fans and performing his trademark hands-behind-the-ears celebration, just like he did when he bagged in the Carling Cup game against United last season. Although that stung a bit (Tevez was my favourite player when he was at United and I’m still gutted we sold him) it did make me sit back and appreciate the work the team at EA have done on celebrations. It looked amazing and got even better when Tevez’s team-mate Adebayor ran up behind him and picked him up, all still within the in-game camera – there was no cutscene. I almost stood up and clapped.

Thank the lord. No more shitty cutscene celebrations.

check the full article. Nice info on:

+ pro-passing
+ Ingame stats
+ Ingame indicators
+ Personilty +
etc

Good read.

noticed that in the Vela Pics he has 2 different boots...maybe you can select two different boots(home or away games)...maybe the mexico pic is just more actual :D
and i also noticed that in the Arsenal pic he has one hair at his forehead...maybe more hair movement...or maybe I'm just wrong :D
fifa-11-carlos-vela-2.jpg

fifa-11-carlos-vela-4.jpg

Last edited:
New impressions from a newer build of Fifa11. (Aug2).

http://www.ea.com/uk/news/the-backp...website&utm_campaign=news&utm_content=Twitter

snippet:

Thank the lord. No more shitty cutscene celebrations.

check the full article. Nice info on:

+ pro-passing
+ Ingame stats
+ Ingame indicators
+ Personilty +
etc

Good read.

Yeah it sounds good especially the no cut scene part, they only need them for a couple of things and then they need to be kept in context and not have players teleporting all over the place...

noticed that in the Vela Pics he has 2 different boots...maybe you can select two different boots(home or away games)...maybe the mexico pic is just more actual :D
and i also noticed that in the Arsenal pic he has one hair at his forehead...maybe more hair movement...or maybe I'm just wrong :D

They are static renders, they will be similar in the game but probably less detailed...

fifa-11-carlos-vela-2.jpg

fifa-11-carlos-vela-4.jpg

hahahha holy shit

To make matters worse, Carlos decided to show me how good another of FIFA 11’s new features is by running over to the fans and performing his trademark hands-behind-the-ears celebration, just like he did when he bagged in the Carling Cup game against United last season. Although that stung a bit (Tevez was my favourite player when he was at United and I’m still gutted we sold him) it did make me sit back and appreciate the work the team at EA have done on celebrations. It looked amazing and got even better when Tevez’s team-mate Adebayor ran up behind him and picked him up, all still within the in-game camera – there was no cutscene. I almost stood up and clapped.

:BOP:

Just like the PES of old :D

So no cutscenes in goal celebrations finally? And no more defenders celebrating with the goal scorer all the time?

This + editing the net (making it less tight) will make scoring goals very special.I hope the celebrations vary depending on the goals

Kouroux, the celebrations are user controlled still, with the added IK to deal with interactions like being lifted up, a plyer jumping on your back, being bundled on top of, being hauled to the ground etc. don't know how the CPU handles celebrations though; In the build we played the camera would change to something kind of WC2010-ish if you scored; if the CPU scored I think the camera stayed tele? Might be imagining that.

Kouroux, the celebrations are user controlled still, with the added IK to deal with interactions like being lifted up, a plyer jumping on your back, being bundled on top of, being hauled to the ground etc. don't know how the CPU handles celebrations though; In the build we played the camera would change to something kind of WC2010-ish if you scored; if the CPU scored I think the camera stayed tele? Might be imagining that.

I hate it when the camera changes directly after scoring. I wish it stayed dynamic or tele (depends on wich camera you use) just like when the CPU scores a goal.

Judging from the read up, it must stay tele but you see the player's animate for longer rather than how it was in Fifa 10 to cutting into a cutscene. I'll quote it again just to make sure you know what I'm talking about :LOL:;

It looked amazing and got even better when Tevez’s team-mate Adebayor ran up behind him and picked him up, all still within the in-game camera – there was no cutscene.

I imagine it'll just run in the default game camera with no camera cuts, which is a shame because that's what made PES5's celebrations my favourite of any game. You got to see the emotion change.

They also reacted to the game situation; i.e. a late winner or a consolation goal. I hope this is brought back somehow.

It should be random. Some goal celebrations should stay in Tele view. Some should cut to a closer TV STYLE angle (no crappy cam on the floor looking up the nose of players). And some should stay Tele and then show a replay of your cellebration from a different angle and in slow mo after the replay of your goal has been played.

That's pretty much how it is done on tv. It's all in the details.

I would rather the camera zoomed slightly out so you see siloutte's of the fans cheering in the stand in the foreground and see the players running to each other on the pitch in the background. I think in the subtle way PES now does the kickoff. Something like that and in the midst of the celebration cut to a pitchside close up. Then a bumper to go to the replays.

I think most of the atmosphere is generated by seeing something of the fans, the players (both cheering and cursing) and a huge increase in noise.

Last edited:
Nothing matters anymore. Call of Duty Black Ops has decided to steal Gears of War's torque bow. Time to shoot my XBOX then myself in the first of many console murder-suicides.

In other news, a mate of mine won one of the competition places to the Emirates Event which is pretty bloody ideal. Roll on the 23rd.

I'm going on the 24th. Throw some questions for me in a PM to ask them if i get a chance and i will.

Back
Top Bottom