Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Team of 3 would batter a team of 7+ easily.
So much easier play clubs with less players when somebody is Any!!

Not my experience at all, and I play(ed) in a pretty decent, generally well minded Club. Then again, the fact that we play relatively sensibly (it's still not football but it's not 100% shameful) might have something to do with it.

The news we're going to hear will pretty much be everything there is to know. AFAIK there won't be any big announcements after Gamescom, or before.

Last edited:
The news we're going to hear will pretty much be everything there is to know. AFAIK there won't be any big announcements after Gamescom, or before.

When is Gamescom again? They really need to hurry up with this "massive" news. Not even sure what they can say really. Just show us videos of the sh*t that they've been talking about actually working in the game.

By they way Rom, do you know who is in charge of the online facet of the game? Trying to figure out who I could track down on the EA boards (or Twitter) to get some info about the return of a boot option for BAP Team Play this year.

Last edited:
When is Gamescom again? They really need to hurry up with this "massive" news. Not even sure what they can say really. Just show us videos of the sh*t that they've been talking about actually working in the game.

By they way Rom, do you know who is in charge of the online facet of the game? Trying to figure out who I could track down on the EA boards (or Twitter) to get some info about the return of a boot option for BAP Team Play this year.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gamescom+2010+dates :P

Mike Takla's the Online/Clubs guy - not seen much of him on the forums this year..

^The 18th huh?

Their reveal had better be the equivalent of spending a night in an alien palace on Mars, within which sits a massive rainforest (doesn't have to make sense), and on the edge of that rainforest lies a beach like this (there's also an ocean in this Martian palace), under a sky like this, and on this beach you've got Amber Heard, January Jones, Diora Baird, and Kelly Brook covered in honey and ready to party.

If it isn't anything on the level of that, they will have failed. :))

I'd say more along the lines of spending a night in at the Premier Inn at Watford Gap and having the bed Lenny Henry bust in the advert, then having a full English greasy fry up next to some toilet supply sales rep who is using his iPhone 4, while making sure everyone knows it's an iPhone 4 on the next table whilst trying to score with the fug ugly waitress...

Having 3 players is actually the easiest way to play if you're on assisted, I had a look at the top ranked Club a few weeks ago and it only had 3 members... Maybe they should remove the ability to play as Any? This would make having more players an advantage and would make people have to actually play in defence (because the AI sucks).

I'm not really bothered about a spectator mode or being able to join during a game, but finding a game definitely needs speeding up as well as the 6'7 giants with green afros and yellow gloves removed... A return to 09's 85 rated players would be better than using VPs.
I doubt that will happen though.

Seconded on the green wig etc bit. Fucking ridiculous!!!!!! Whoever put all that shit in is an idiot. Complete opposite of going down a sim route.

Not my experience at all, and I play(ed) in a pretty decent, generally well minded Club. Then again, the fact that we play relatively sensibly (it's still not football but it's not 100% shameful) might have something to do with it.

Our club tries to play properly too and we regularly have more players than the oppo but they all play assisted and chip for fun. Impossible to okay against sometimes. Pro passing is looked forward to in this mode too.

FIFA 10 Clubs:

"Sensible" football = Lose
Assisted unrealistic exploiting shit football = Win

Needs to be reversed for 11.

I'd say more along the lines of spending a night in at the Premier Inn at Watford Gap and having the bed Lenny Henry bust in the advert, then having a full English greasy fry up next to some toilet supply sales rep who is using his iPhone 4, while making sure everyone knows it's an iPhone 4 on the next table whilst trying to score with the fug ugly waitress...

Surely he wouldn't need to make an effort. Just say; "Hello? Helloooo?! F@ckin phone has cut me off again...."

EA_GaryPaterson said:
Crosses in FIFA11 have been improved from where we got to in the WC game. I think that they can be really dangerous. Santiago and Dom (one of our SE's) have gotten rid of the overly 'loopy' crosses from 10 and WC so they now look more realistic. In addition there have been significant improvements in the header system (animations, fight for position, who wins a contested header...). I'm now much happier with the whole system. In addition corners and FK's where you cross the ball into the box (rather than shoot) are also much more dynamic with players starting their runs towards the goal as the kicker starts his run up, thus getting into more dangerous positions and potentially getting more powerful headers sue to their momentum.

Hopefully we got the balance right but if we didn't the whole system is tunable post ship due to a system that our TD Ben and our online team put into the game that allows us to download tuning files to your console without the need for a patch.

:) Sounds guud.

The most annoying thing EA did last week (well, Gary P) was to deny they said there was a gameplay vid coming (meant for last week). It's there clear as day in the EA podcast. Romiley Broad even says it's the first time any of the Fifa fans will see this footage, so it couldn't have been a dev-webisode like we've been getting.

EA must think we're a bunch of mugs. I'd rather they just said "look, it ain't done yet, wait until Gamescom" or whatever.

You know what, i'm going to relisten to it and post the comment word for word. I will not be taken for a mug (not saying you are romagnoli).

Podcast in question:

FIFA 11 Podcast: July 26, 2010 | EA SPORTS

Link:
h ttp://www.easports.com/media/play/feature-podcast/FIFA_PODCAST_US_70
(remove the gap between the "h" and the "t")

They talk about dev vids going up on Facebook and EAsportsfootball.com and then Romily Broad interjects with this:

@13:10

"There's an important thing about that... I dunno if you mentioned it ~i wasn't really listening~ but, the first footage.... the first footage.. no one.. no one anywhere in the world, including the internet, has seen anything yet of FIFA11 interms of gameplay footage. You know, seeing it moving. These videos, this week, on facebook, will be your first chance to see FIFA 11 moving, interms of gameplay".

They go on. Check it out.

Sometimes I feel like i'm on Shutter Island at EA's forum. It's an internal podcast. Romiley interviews the team A LOT. Was there no communication on the important matter of gameplay vids? And why did Gary Patterson pretend we were imaging things?

Either way I thought I was losing my marbles when he said that. I had to check it out again just to confirm I wasn't insane :LOL: The footage is out there somewhere atleast. We'll probably get it in the next couple of weeks before Gamescom.

Last edited:
FIFA 10 Clubs:

Good post but needs one correction:

FIFA 10 Clubs:

North America Covers Preview
fifa-11-carlos-vela-3.jpg

fifa-11-carlos-vela-1.jpg

and two screens
fifa-11-carlos-vela-4.jpg

fifa-11-carlos-vela-2.jpg

How come Carlos Vela is more revered than other Mexican based europeans like say Gio Dos Santos and Andres Guardado?

For Santos, I think it's down to him being on loan from Spurs for so long, hopefully his WC showing will get him some first team, though I hear Fiorentina are after him on loan...

And why is he on the North American box and not the UK according to the Mock-ups?...

Last edited:
Vela's not exactly got big pulling power over here compared to his popularity with the Latino crowd who make up a large proportion of NA football fans. Though I'd be very surprised if they haven't given Little Pea (so called, if the YouTube vid I saw of him meeting fans is anything to go by, because when wimmins see him they're so excited a little pee comes out) his correct face.

Back
Top Bottom