Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Holy shit :lol: i can't believe that is the actual Juve shirt deisgn. Look just like videogame "jaggies". I prefer the new AC Milan shirt though :) *swoon*.

Anyways Patterson should make a celebration where Kaka takes off his shirt and reveals and "I belong to EA" wife-beater ahaha!!

Seriously though I saw in the youtube comments and on EA forums that kids are asking why EA put Kaka and not Ronaldo on the cover.

A. Ronaldo is signed up to PES.

Well he was, but they probably thought he wasn't good for PR so they dropped him and signed up messi instead.

B. EA are promoting a passing and inteloligent style of football with this game. You can tell with new cover stars Kaka and Iniesta.

Nah, Xavi was on FIFA 10's cover and we know how that turned out (not to mention the trailer they made him do a McGeady spin :LOL: )

C. Ronaldo is a preening single dad. Douche! Kaka is a model citizen.

:)

Corrected :)

Don't like posting these, as they're easily faked, but allegedly this is the official boxart for the UK version.

Though, you can see still see the old Utd kit V on Rooney :P

fifa11_keyart_uk-450x548.jpg

Calm yourselves, I know it's something to get excited about.

The Santiago Bernabeu stadium pic is taken from the Champions League Final :) I can see the Bayern and Inter logo on the top.

Fairplay :)

Nah, Xavi was on FIFA 10's cover and we know how that turned out (not to mention the trailer they made him do a McGeady spin :LOL: )

lol @ the McGeady spin. I hope EA have learnt their lesson. Sometimes I wonder how much football they watch!! Xavi just isn't about that!

The first thing I'll try in FIFA11 is exhibition mode with Barca to see if you can do short passes between Xavi and Iniesta. If you can't that is the ultimate FAIL in Personality+. Short passes in Fifa have been an issue for way too long...

I realized I should mention to all of you guys that don't play Madden - this year the demo for the first time was four FULL 5 minute quarters, only two teams but you actually get to play a full game. Personally I'd trade teams for the ability to play a full game rather than the rubbish 2 minute games... fingers crossed this happens in FIFA

I realized I should mention to all of you guys that don't play Madden - this year the demo for the first time was four FULL 5 minute quarters, only two teams but you actually get to play a full game. Personally I'd trade teams for the ability to play a full game rather than the rubbish 2 minute games... fingers crossed this happens in FIFA

Just look at the WC demo 2 teams and 2 minute halves. Fucking joke.

I can't see that the font for the name is correct in that video:
kakau.jpg

looks to me like the old shitty font :RANT:

Yeah you're right, didn't do my research when I said that, in my defense it was early in the morning :P

If they can't get the font right in an animated trailer like this, surely there is no chance of proper fonts in-game. Oh well, it's a shame, but there are bigger issues I guess.

I heard the stretching texting on shirts is gone. That is a godsent imo. It's one of the main reasons why FIFA looked so cartooney imo. Elastic text and logos :x .

regarding accuracy of kits and fonts: EA say they have a pool of thousands of data input dudes now. Time to prove it ingame.

If that was me, I think I said the stretching didn't seem to be there - but it was something I half saw without zooming RIGHT in and testing it, and then moved on. If you've heard it anywhere official then top bollock :)

I mentioned this in the Madden thread. A single game in the Madden demo lasts for nearly half an hour and gives a really good taster for the game. If EA can do that with Madden then the least they can do is a full 5 minute halves game in the Fifa11 demo.

New screens:

40598_414409172943_125636032943_4794919_5948453_n.jpg

40598_414409167943_125636032943_4794918_4045761_n.jpg

Insane detail. Looks like EA took the comments about their players and player models to heart. Good.

it better look like that in game though.

Course it won't. They're just using the models they've built combined with lighting that won't be in the game. The in-game models will be based on these but there has to be scaling down of detail to fit a football game around it too.

The simming matches is so he can get through a season and tell people what happens. I want to know more about a player turning into a player manager and then a manager, but I won't get that from a hands-on.

Is that confirmed as a new feature of MM?

And what's the deal with you being able to play as a player or the full team in the "Player" version of career mode, but ONLY being able to play as your player in the "Player-Manager" version unless your player is on the bench (if what he's saying is true)?

----

And why would we be getting emails saying "so-and-so has improved"? It would feel much more organic and authentic if, like before, we were just able to check the players out on the roster page and see that they've improved no? Similar to how it was done in 09 or 10 in regards to the way that the information is passed on. I know that it's kind of nitpicky but seems like a pointless addition.

To be honest I don't see a whole lot to get excited about with MM but it appears that 10's was so bad that simply fixing starting over will be looked at as a huge improvement. I'll be waiting to see just how improved transfers and injuries are.

Rom's been talking this game up quite a bit and I believe him, but while I can't wait to see what some of these improvements look like, the longer they take, the longer the pessimist in me starts to feel like we'll be getting more of the same. They should probably chill out with these f*cking doctored CG images of players and show a video.

New screens:

40598_414409172943_125636032943_4794919_5948453_n.jpg

40598_414409167943_125636032943_4794918_4045761_n.jpg

Insane detail. Looks like EA took the comments about their players and player models to heart. Good.

it wont look that good.. no way. Unless maybe the PC version has higher resolution textures but on xbox 360 / ps3.. forget about it.

Those models are identical to Crysis from the pics

What is the point of releasing those player pictures then? If they are not going to be ingame, is there any point showing them?

It's basically saying, 'look what we can do!....but we aren't going to put it in game'

I understand that putting in faces of that detail will take up alot of disc space. But then don't show them and show the actual in game faces?

The skin always looks washed out and plasticiney on fifa, everyone looks so pale/dead...! PES player models Fifa everything else please...! Or just give us pes 6 with next gen graphics..!

Or just give us pes 6 with next gen graphics..!

No thanks

---

I think as Rom has suggested, we'll get toned down versions of those player models, there is still loads of detail in the current models in Fifa 10/Fifa WC, they just look off for whatever reason. I'm happy if that's what we'll get anyway, because the kits and bodies are a much more realistic shape.

Don't forget the Level of detail is drastically reduced as you zoom out, it's only if you zoom in fully you'll see the full detail of the models.

Last edited:
What is the point of releasing those player pictures then? If they are not going to be ingame, is there any point showing them?

It's basically saying, 'look what we can do!....but we aren't going to put it in game'

I understand that putting in faces of that detail will take up alot of disc space. But then don't show them and show the actual in game faces?

they're static renders.. meaning only for advertising :)

Having those graphics in motion and running smoothly on a console system is going be some task.

exactly.

The models on FIFA are extremely detailed as it is if you get in really, really, really close. I wouldn't be surprised if they could pull of that level of detail - it's just that as you get further out it removes detail very fast.

The models on FIFA are extremely detailed as it is if you get in really, really, really close. I wouldn't be surprised if they could pull of that level of detail - it's just that as you get further out it removes detail very fast.
No shit man. lol

I've been playing Ncaa football 11 and a nice touch i would like to see in fifa is the day/dusk/night change as you play. The floodlights come on in the second half of the game.

I've been playing Ncaa football 11 and a nice touch i would like to see in fifa is the day/dusk/night change as you play. The floodlights come on in the second half of the game.

They've had this in madden on ps2 I believe. Or maybe early NG.

Nailed it. Perfectly doable imo. The lasana Diara player face in FIFA WC still blows my mind. Even Crouchie looks sick. Heskey's is pretty good too.

Back
Top Bottom